• 3 weeks later...

24th july in Yverdon(Switzerland) Panathinaikos-FC Arges (Romania) 19.30

28th juy in Echallens (Switzerland) Panathinaikos-Le Mans (France) 19.30

5th august in Ipswich (England) Panathinaikos-Ipswich (England) 15.00

8th august in Rome(Italy) Panathinaikos-Lazio (Italy) 21.00

any other friendlys??

whos koropi..who played and who scored

http://www.sportime.gr/football_inside.asp...rticle_id=54857

Koropi is i think a 3rd division team in greece the rest you can read in the link above if you read greek

Papadopoulos scored 3 times Salpigidis 1 Ndoje 1 Romero 1

Karagounis didnt play cause of a small pain he felt for precaution

Matos had an slight convulsion and was replaced

24th july in Yverdon(Switzerland) Panathinaikos-FC Arges (Romania) 19.30

28th juy in Echallens (Switzerland) Panathinaikos-Le Mans (France) 19.30

5th august in Ipswich (England) Panathinaikos-Ipswich (England) 15.00

8th august in Rome(Italy) Panathinaikos-Lazio (Italy) 21.00

any other friendlys??

Thanks. I was hoping to catch a game while in Greece, but the are all away. :P

we won 1-2, sapli and paps goals, salpis was a mint through ball, paps was a moment of brilliance from salpi who flcked the ball up to paps outside the box, he then thumped it in to score the winner(the keeper had no chance)

the field was shite and thier goal was rubbish we could have won by more but hey its preseason

today we beat Le Mans from france 1-0...we played a pretty decent game..the only thing we need to be a little more offensive minded. Manzios put in the goal on a nice bending cross from Karagounis.the other team only had like 2 chances

we played again today, i forgot the team (they were useless) but we won 2-0, a header from goumas 43' and a salpi 1 on 1 with the keeper 80'

this was really scrappy game with moments of wizardry and stupidity from our lads, we should have won upwards of 5-0 but hey its preseason who cares as long as we beat the malakes on aug26th

PAO lost 2-0 to Ipswich today... what rezili! :tdown: Go and buy some proper players Varidnoyianni. <_< These year will be the most embarassing in the history of Greek football in Europe. PAO are getting raped by a 2nd division English team, Olympiakos' new squad is about as strong as a mid-table club side from Uzbekistan and AEK are getting excited because they are about to sign the top scorer of Argentina's 2nd division <_< Oh let's not forget OFI lost both legs to a team from Kazakhstan :LOL:

THE HELLENIC SUPERLEAGUE, THE PRIDE OF EUROPE!!! :angry:

the result is not important - whats important is that we were simply AWFUL.....lot of possession - no chances, no intelligent movement....we pass for the sake of passing its overkill....

and worst part is we only have TWO more games to straiten things out till the derby....

and not to mention we had to waste several days traveling between switz, athens, up to england just to play godamn Ipswitch - anybody realize how impractical that is? unless they practice on travel days were wasting valueable preseason days on transporting when we could have stayed in Switzerland and played any billion teams at the same level of Ipswitch, then gone back to athens for the friendly with catania (we should have more than one friendly at home too....)

bottom line is this team is a total F***** mess..... slightly better than last years Bakke preseason (worst preseason i had ever seen for a prof team) but unless we have big turnarounds in the next 3 games in performances i can see Peseiro leaving in November....hes got the team to play possession, if he cant succeed on getting them to attack then hes gone....oh and if hes idiotic enough not to play Ninis he wont survive...

and AGAIN, for the millionth time we are nearing the end of preseason and we havent finished transfers......see what happens? we have 3 games left, we need so many to get the newcomers in, so they dont end up being useful till mid-october...transfers should have been finished a while ago not always in every case but in OUR case....we need to build a team ready for the season for A CHANGE....

Velic, Varidogiannis are all totally incompetent....

HAPPY 100 YEARS PAO.......

Jesus, i mean people Relax. Friendlies are just that.

Their purpose is to practice schemes, plays,ideas, philosophies, stuff u are experimenting with. it doesnt mean much.

what i saw today against ipswich, who by the way is a high quality opponent, they have a very good team for 2nd division england, i saw pao tryin players in positions, i saw peseiro tryin to adopt the 4-1-3-2 and make it stick in the layers heads. i saw paos players having fun for the first time in preseason in years. What you see in preseason isnt a spitting image of what u will see in the league.

Lets not forget that two years ago, under malesani, we beat every team. we won all the friendlies, even tying roma in italy, and then we went on to lose twice to udinese, osfp on openign day two ties against ionikos and levadia and losing to Wisla in Cl qualies.

Real Lost to some unknown third division team last week. does this mean they will suck this year.

i saw ball control, i saw ball possesion, i liked the way the team was composed.

Sure there were mistakes. Sure there were moments where the team looked lost.

But if there is a time to lose its in preseason. If we start losing in the league, then ill be worried.but u learn with ur mistakes. we have three games and three weeks of practice left.

i really liked Mantzios, Karagounis, Mattos and Malartz.

and lets not forget that Ipswich was playing with their starting eleven. that is the team that will start next week. they are two weeks ahead of us in preseason. their season starts earlier. lets just relax.

Also considering we were without 6 of our top players, i think we did ok. Salpi played 20 minutes. ivan eki and morris are injured, Ndoye played 20. Ninis didnt play. the New Cb Big joe didnt play. lets all relax.

Come on guys, be patient...Let's give the team a chance..

At least circulation is much better than last year. Pressing is better and it's practically the beginning of practice. Some things have not ben worked well..

Malarj was good tonight. Defense was problematic but katranas is just a young talent. Goumas was great.Also we lack of fantasy in attack. Actually we miss a gonzalez.

Also our left side was very weak tonight with seric crosses missed target every time.Ivanschitz was missed.

Anyway it's soon to jump in conclusions guys. I like the urge of players for pressure and ball circulation. I am optimistic for this season.. Lets see what's next

Jesus, i mean people Relax. Friendlies are just that.

Their purpose is to practice schemes, plays,ideas, philosophies, stuff u are experimenting with. it doesnt mean much.

what i saw today against ipswich, who by the way is a high quality opponent, they have a very good team for 2nd division england, i saw pao tryin players in positions, i saw peseiro tryin to adopt the 4-1-3-2 and make it stick in the layers heads. i saw paos players having fun for the first time in preseason in years. What you see in preseason isnt a spitting image of what u will see in the league.

Lets not forget that two years ago, under malesani, we beat every team. we won all the friendlies, even tying roma in italy, and then we went on to lose twice to udinese, osfp on openign day two ties against ionikos and levadia and losing to Wisla in Cl qualies.

Real Lost to some unknown third division team last week. does this mean they will suck this year.

i saw ball control, i saw ball possesion, i liked the way the team was composed.

Sure there were mistakes. Sure there were moments where the team looked lost.

But if there is a time to lose its in preseason. If we start losing in the league, then ill be worried.but u learn with ur mistakes. we have three games and three weeks of practice left.

and lets not forget that Ipswich was playing with their starting eleven. that is the team that will start next week. they are two weeks ahead of us in preseason. their season starts earlier. lets just relax.

I mean this in the nicest possible way... HAVE YOU GONE MAD??? Ipswich a high quality opponent?!? They finished 14th out of 24 teams in England's 2nd divison and lost more games than they won last season!!! What quality?? When teams like Real or Liverpool lose pre-season friendlies is beacuse they play a B' Team! And even then they win most of them!

You speak about good movement of the ball... PAO didnt score! How good could the movement have been when PAO couldnt break down a team as s%$#! as Ipswich! AND on top of that they scored twice!!

I'd hate to see how they'd play if you didnt like them!!

Also considering we were without 6 of our top players, i think we did ok. Salpi played 20 minutes. ivan eki and morris are injured, Ndoye played 20. Ninis didnt play. the New Cb Big joe didnt play. lets all relax.

PAO had a strong team out considering they were playing Ipswich! There is no excuse. I'm sorry but this pre-season is the first time I'm realising just how low the Greek fans set the standards for their teams. I started getting a bit bemused when people on here were happy with PAO's performance against Lens at home in the UEFA Cup, but now I'm totally confused! And its not just PAO fans. Oly have lost huge players and are calling their average replacements like Raul Bravo and Nunez "BAMS!" Wtf?? We have to expect more from our teams because this is a joke. PAO didnt lose to some lowly Premiership side that has a few very good players, the team lost to a lowly 2nd division side in England, I dont care how ahead of us they are in their pre-season. Quality should shine through! Winning is a habit, as Drakos says more time should have been spent on gelling the team. Defence and penetration tactics instead of travelling all over the place and leaving transfers til its too late! Like I said, we are in for 1 embarassing season.

Archived