Phantis Forums

Greek teams TV rights for next season

Yes, it is certain. they have been awarded the Greek Cup rights for 2008-09 and 2009-10 seasonsns. They might even get the next season's rights if ERT does not exercise their option to pick the last year of their contract with EPO.

for the Ert world rights, are they going to be a m*****a again like last season.

Whenever PAO and OLY played same time at home. OLY would always get the rights over PAO. Therefor all the PAO fans cant watch PAO. There were only 5 games MAX that PAO were shown on Ert LIVE. All the other times it was bullshit tape delay. That i cant watch. Hopefully they have changed

That's because ERT did not own the PAO rights directly. They got them through arrangement with Supersport. That's why when there was a conflict, the Olympiakos and Aris games took precedence, since ERT owed those rights directly.

It will be interetsing how ERT World will handle the situation next season, since they will now hold the rights to Olympiakos , Aris and PAO and possibly other teams.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Alpha Sat will go after the rights to AEK, since from what Ziaka posted above the deal with ANT1 Satellite has now expired. I am sure ANT1 will try to renew it but maybe someone will come in and pull the rug from under them. :D Without soccer, ANT1 Satellite is seriously screwed IMO, that is why they added AEK & PAOK games in the first place I believe.

Levadiakos and Asteras Tripolis signed a deal with Supersport for the next season.

Levadiakos will be paid 1.5 million Euro for their TV rights and apparently the deal they signed through a special arrangement with Alpha and Supersport.

As for Astaras, Supersport will have an option to extend the contract for another season if Asteras is not relegated from the Superleague.

• 2 weeks later...

mk21 that's good news for us outside of Greece. Antenna now has AEK and PAOK home games for the next two seasons.

And that is the only reason i still pay Ant1.Ti travame gia ligo mpala... :D

Just like last season Alpha TV has reeached an agreement with netmed (Supersport), which will let Alpha broadcast selected home games whose rights are contyrolled by Netmed (Superpsort).

Archived