Phantis Forums

RENOVATION!

trifilli

any moves have to happen early & often, so that a team can gel.. We cant be signing players a week before the start of next season!!!

You know what the joke in your comment is?

Salpigidis got signed i think 4 days before season start --> Our best scorer

Ivanschitz came i think about in the same time.---> OUr best foreign transfer this year.

Only one that came late and didnt play much cause of his injuries was Victor but i bet if he wasnt injured he would be also be playing better than the rest which was already there last season :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ivanschitz came i think about in the same time.---> OUr best foreign transfer this year.

Only one that came late and didnt play much cause of his injuries was Victor but i bet if he wasnt injured he would be also be playing better than the rest which was already there last season :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

true but how were the rest of the players able to adapt to the new ones. The truth is that even at the end of the season the players were still trying to figure out how each one played and that is pathetic.

& dont forget about antonsson signed late as well..........& how did we do????

the joke is on you & on us :LOL:

Only one that came late and didnt play much cause of his injuries was Victor but i bet if he wasnt injured he would be also be playing better than the rest which was already there last season  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:

& dont forget about antonsson signed late as well..........& how did we do????

the joke is on you & on us :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

he first to go seems to be Bovio and after that seems Biscan leaving aswell.

For both i wont spend a tear.

But today i read about Bidis leaving and i think this will be a loss for PAO

I wish Bidis good luck in his carreer and i wish him to find a team that will appreciate his talent.

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

can someone inform me of velic history at pao and wwhat his credentials are if any

is anyone of the be;lief that with velic as football operations solely this is a good thing or a bad thiing

Add me in the list of fans that believe Bides should be with PAO.

He is young and cheap, got a raw deal in the Salpi transfer as did Gekas.

He should have been treated better for not resisting his forced move to PAOK, like Gekas did.

What an example does that give to future players, for committing to PAO?

He will be added in the long list of ex PAO players that will be bashing our management, and for good reason. <_<

Gekas, Bides, Kyrgiakos, Nikopolidis, Seitaridis, Basinas, Fyssas, Lyberopoulos.

In business you are judged by reputation.

An old Greek wise saying: "Kalitera na sou vgei to mati para to onoma"

How can you manage any operation successfully where there is mistrust between employees and employer? :o

PEACE

I just read the interview of Velic (below is the link)

http://sports.e-go.gr/article.asp?catid=82...=2&pubid=501890

I must admit the guy has a nice way of thinking and doesnt speak around the issue but gives mostly clear answers.

Even though i wasnt very happy with the decision to give hims so much power, i must admit that he made me change my mind in some aspects and i could even say that he makes me a bit anxius for the future of PAO (i dont expect PAO to win next year the title but i expect to see him play great offensive football )

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Velic seems to have a good knowledge about how to manage a team. Lets hope he puts his words into action and gives PANATHINAIKOS as a club some organisation.... both ON and OFF the field. One nice point he made, and had the balls to admit, was that in countries like greece there is a need for someone like him to manage teams as coaches "come and go", so it isnt safe to giving them the full MANAGERIAL role. This is why we dont see "top" managers come to greece, which intern leads to "top" players not wanting to play in greece.... i believe this is the RIZZA of a lesser league... which we can all see.

All in all i think Velic will be good for PAO, if he puts his thoughts and beliefs into action! :whistle:

Nice interview, thanks for posting it Tsoglani.

I like his focus on organizing the operation with clear outlines for everyone, including the coach.

OTH, I haver heard just about everyone in the last four-five years talking about PAO playing attacking football, but I still haven't seen it since Kyrastas' first year.

I am prepared to go into this season supporting my team and giving them the benefit of the doubt. Let's wait and see. Peseiro does sound like a good solution, and Velic is saying the right things so far. He is right, players of the "Saviola" caliber will not come to Greece, and he has a pragmatic outlook of the situation.

I was also happy to hear him say "

Guys, I'm not supposed to make this public, but what the heck... I had the ear of Velic. He agreed with what I was saying! ;) That above all, the problem has been systemic. The internal culture of the club was one of the big problems.

He said in the interview that the team expresses on the pitch the general culture present in the club. Right on! :tup:

Yes, unless this changes nothing can really change. That's why sometimes you see a team to play horribly one year, and then the next, with a new coach/management but the same players, they play great and win too!

Let's wait and see what happens with our club. I've heard & seen so much in the last many years, that I can't get excited as yet. I'd like to see some consistency and constant improvement. That would please me even if we don't win the title next season. At this point--being sooooo loooooooow--I'd be happy with seeing the fundamentals being achieved, stability within the team, and some realistic hope for the future. Not asking too much...

Archived