Phantis Forums

Derby

Derby this week in Istanbul as current 3rd place and last years Turkish Cup winners Besiktas face 2nd place and last years champions Galatasaray at what must be one of the most important games of the Season.

Turkcell Super League 23. week

Date: 03.03.2007 19:00

Stadium: Ismet Inonu

The winner of this game will take 2nd spot and the loser will go down to third. A draw will see Gala keep second place.

Both teams have been on a recent poor form as GS failed to win a game for 3 weeks now and Besiktas lost to Trabzon while 2-0 up. Besiktas have failed to beat GS in the super league for over a year now.

I believe a draw is on the cards...whats your prediction?

I expect a Beşiktaş win..the reason explained by Cuneyt Tanman..

"When you compare the keepers Galatasaray is obviously better.. The same goes for the defences and forwards.. But Beşiktaş midfield has something to prove after last week's defeat and that will be a determinant factor in the game.."

I expect a 2-1 Beşiktaş lead with Galatasaray applying lots and lots of pressure late in the second half only for nothing..

yer true but man after the exit of TC, GS will have to fight harder to win the league now, because many ppl expected either GS to win something. If GS wins nothing then....so GS will 'know' that they have to play better this week. Especially when players like Arda and Sabri are starting to lose form...

Greece will beat turkey 2-0 and it will be a convincing win just the same as Norway in the first half. :gr:

Derby? Since when? :whistle:

I mean that !derby! is not derby anymore since bjk started to lose on purpose against gs... Now it is turn for gs :D. U own them right? From last year :D

This is why Gerets is not letting many of players to play ;)... Like Umit Karan, Song, Hasan Sas, Cow... :P

I want a draw... GS is the bogey team of bjk so no one can know what gs will do against be$iKEtas, even with a shity team like this

I expect a 2-1 Beşiktaş lead with Galatasaray applying lots and lots of pressure late in the second half only for nothing..

I had the privilege to watch the game with great football persons like Metin Tekin, Oguz Cetin, Mufit Erkasap and Teoman Yamanlar in Antalya and hey, I'm not bad at guessing things, am I? :P :la:

Archived