Phantis Forums

Paok vs Pao

HOLLYWOOD

season over.....

right after the Xanhti match people were saying that Pao r picking up, there looking good, here we go ect....

And what happened???

they chocked and played horrible again, jus like i said they would!!! this has really become pao's culture in the last 3-5 years where during the season they will play a hand full of games where u think to ur self "finnally there starting to pick up and play some good football" and just as you think were turning a corner the next handfull of games we play worse then lonikos!!! and you think "what the F*** is wrong with these individuals, dont they ###### care, cant they ###### string acouple of passes together, what the F*** is wrong with these a**hole's who earn 20X more then any of us??"

Look i can accept that teams during a season go through some rough patches here and there but to me its seems like 75% of the season is a rough ###### patch 4 pao where they play utter s%$#! football!!

Now im not saying oly is any better this season however atleast when oly play s%$#! football they still get the results 90% of the time, we on the other hand not only not get the result but disgrace our selves in the process (aka lonikos)....

Heres my predictions: where going to get raped by lens in the Uefa cup no doubt about it!!, were going to drop more points in the league but not nessasrily to oly or aek?? will win one of the derbys against either aek or oly... I havent decided weather will win the cup or not but if we do will struggle like no tomorrow and munoz will stay next year... ohhhh and will finish 3rd in the league way behind aek who will finish second...

P.S if u think that oly will struggle next year because alot of there core players will retire (e.g rivaldo, nikopolidis, djole ect...) and they will basically have to build from scratch then think again because Pao will find a way to F*** things up like they usally do... Aek will be the dominate team of the future followed by oly...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Romero (whom I liked at the start of the season) has become a major

disappointment and quite frankly I don't know if he knows what his role

should be. Perhaps its just me, but when he runs he seems like he's

carrying an injury (very odd running motion).

the guy is a total failed signing. lazy, sloppy. But hell continue to get respect from trainers, and patience from management based PURELY on his passport saying "argentina" . If it was a Greek player out there you think that he would still be around? Playing garbage game after game they would put him on the cross!!!

Look at Sapanis.....the guy actually had a breathrough season with the double - a nobody who RAN, had TOUCH, made smart passes and got himself goals and assists- not a first rate player but for a backup? thats better than crap Romero could dream to be for PAO!

now that Bidis is back we have no use for this argentinan other than for him to go open a steakhouse parilla down in Vari....Bidis is, was, and will be a better player than this loser. Not saying Bidis is Ronaldinho, but at least some things would happen with him on the field, oh and didnt get overpaid, and worked for his spot.

Its pathetic when EFFORT is the most impressive feature in players for a professional level team. the foreign underacheiving overpaid losers have to walk the plank and get off our ship. Dead weight. Biscan (DISGUSTING) Romero (Lazy, way below expectations) Gonzalez (Finished, oh and a douchebag) Nilsson (crap) Seric (crap) in the last 2 years or however long respectively they DONT HELP THE TEAM. So why pay them? Why keep them? Are management so blind to think that PAO fans value these foreign a**holes with fancy names and histories more than their team playing and winning games???

Ivansits has been off on, but with him as an exception, all the optimism coming from this team and the future has been from local players. Our best generations have been based on local players. Whats PAO got to look up to in the future??

Ninis, Mantzios, Tziolis, Papadopoulos, Leontiou.

Dead weight. Biscan (DISGUSTING) Romero (Lazy, way below expectations) Gonzalez (Finished, oh and a douchebag) Nilsson (crap) Seric (crap) in the last 2 years or however long respectively they DONT HELP THE TEAM.

If I may add to our spot-on comments Drako13:

Bovio, Adric, Antonsson.

Ethnikisti, you wish we keep playing Romero, that's why you say that :P Romero is not PAO material. Haralabidis is a much better player, and in the positions he has played, both Ninis and Ivanschitz have been much-much better.

Victor has a boo-boo

Sorry Drako but Romero is a good player. Maybe he needs to find his feet but he is nevertheless very talented!

Btw, where's Victor?

yeah where did you see that? from lack of touch, slow speed, horrible decisions? maybe he was great in argentina but in greece hes crap. same as all those other players mentioned.....great players back in their country but if theyre not up to the challenge or change rather to adapting to our league then they can get lost.

when was the last time we saw our foreigners just change the games for PAO??? Gonzalez once upon a time and Ivansits occasionally now....if they dont stand out even higher than AVERAGE players and are getting paid like they are stars then what is the purpose!!! if we wanted someone to play what Romero does now there are tons of players in Superliga and B ethniki that could do the same crap!

PAO has more potential than ever. The dead weight in this potential IS these foregin losers. I would go as far to say that its not just my opinion its fact. I have nothing against foreigners, but if they dont do their job, they should be out and fast. We should have a nose for crap players and cut the losses ASAP.

I mean there are some things I will defend management for, but some things are just outrageous.....one if we see trends in what works --- why not pursue those??? (youth and proven domestic performers play very well for the club, far beyond these name-imports) also i feel that its important to have old players in the squad - but if theyre over a certain age theyshould have been with the club a while, like Gkoumas. With a great blend of a handful of aged experienced PAO vets, and the country's top youth and actually keeping them together we could be a great team.

Look at some of the absolute retard rumors were getting.......Tristan, Salva.....players with no future, in positions we dont need.....

Could you imagine if we just cut the crap and went and seized Koiliaras, Arabatzis/avraam Papadopoulos and a major proven centerback .... i mean seriously we could be a fantastic team.

But with all the optimism in these young stars i guess i never realized how doubtful they will be to stay the distance given the way things go with players. Certain player like Kota and Mixalakh can go to hell but losing Kolkka, Lybe, Gkekas, and particulalry we are feeling the loss of Kirgiakos the most i feel....and even worse putting them on terms where they refuse to come back....

this is a season where 80% of our starters have been young and with much potential. even Ivan is 23. he is the only one of the foreigners that shows character and aggresiveness. i dont mind him gettin a yellow card for complaining after a tackle. at least it shows he cares.

im really upset about the whole Antonson situation. i mean this guy got called up to swedens national team and played, get ready for this, a total of 523 minutes with pao. i mean, sure at times he looked bad, but who hasnt. even morris looked way out of place for a stretch of games last season. and we all know what he can do.

give the kid a chance. he IS NOT worse then Biscan. and Goumas is nothing special.

henriksens first year was a near disaster at first but he put it together and became one of the best transfers we ever made.

i am not sayin Antonson is a great player. but he cant be as bad as vyntra. or biscan or goumas. and look how long these guys have played. besides, Antonson just turned 25. give him a chance i say.

if he plays 3 games and has 3 great outings, all ur opinions will change about him.

Romero looked good in preseason but it was backe aned then munoz fault that they played him on the right side for so long. he is a LM and we had him playing RM.

we all had bad opinions about nilsson, but ever since he started consistently on the RB position, our right side has looked ALOT better then with vyntra.

and all u salpi naysayers, look at what the team looked like without him up front. Pap is overated, all because he had one year with 18 goals 3 years ago when konstantinou was gettin double teamed and he was left with all the chances in the world.

god i can only imagine what this team would have looked like with Salpi and Gekas up front and with Mantzios as a sub or even a 3rd offensive option.

Galinovic is a great goalie. sure he looked out of place on the 1st goal but that play was directly proportionate to vyntras lack of competency.

first place was lost @ Kerkyra. 2nd place is still available. i say we will have our faith in our own hands. AEK goes to larisa, ergotelis, kalamaria, panionio and kerkyra. they also have osfp and pao at home.. nto to mention Xanthi.

we have kalamaria larisa and the two derbys away. and the rest r at home. it is possible if we our unbeaten at home which wouldnt surprise anyone.

its al about the derbys.

i am not giving up. thats what losers do. if u give up on ur team u r no better then the Romeros, biscans or anyone else that thinks the PAO FANELLA means nothing.

PAO OLE

guys i saw last nites game and once again these incompetent bafoons cannot defend for shi.t. Eleos gmo to mo,uni tous,,,,arabatzis open header from set piece who was marking him?????????????????why did galinovic rush out like a kota???????

the 1st paok goal,,,for gods sake childhood defender ,,,,players sitting back kimismenoi,,,,what the hell have they been doing in defence drills???????

If the defence cannnot improve ,,,,,,if munioth cannot get any veltiosi in their shortcomings ............than FU>>CK of all of the defence and bring in guys that can make the god damn difference. If the anchors are not doing their job too than they also should be pissed off.

Basinas used to do allot of dirty work for us along with karagounis who used to win the most fouls for us.....he was the top foul winning player in cleague when we were doin well in europe ..Who has stepped up to the plate and stepped up replacing these players????????WHo has fitted in since kiriako and henricksen left??????????????????the players groomed to fit into those roles are worser players :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

We need defenders pou prepoi na dioksoune tin balla apo tin amina mas me psixremia.....oxi opos opos.....kai kathe fora kapios patai perioxi mas exoume cardio! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Panelinios Athlitikos Omilos Kathikion= PAOK

apla den mporesame na peksoume mpala ekei mesa... den ginotan na nikisoume giati den tha vgename zontanoi... i omada eprepe na fygei apo to gipedo...

Actually I don't feel all that bad about this. The season was NOT lost at PAOK. We lost it against other lesser teams. Nothing new here.

It MAY be even good for us, now that we don't have the illusion of competing for the title. Munoz can get rid of the crappy players (bench them until the end of the season) and try to build the team by giving chances to our younger players. By the end of this season, he'll know who deserves to stay and who should leave. That is, IF Munoz stays.

It's totally unacceptable that Ninis (or any player) is hit in such a way. I'm disgusted by such criminal behavior. In a civilized country I expect civilized sports, not mob rule. Unless the league realizes that it is the normal fans that really support the sport and not the immature hooligans, then this sport will fade into a brawl opportunity for the simpletons.

Now, our defense is total crap. You cannot, cannot do anything good unless you have a solid defense, especially if you want to play in europe. We PAO fans should know this, that our past successes were because we could rely on our great defense. I watched the clips and both PAOK goals were not worthy of a good defense.

apla den mporesame na peksoume mpala ekei mesa... den ginotan na nikisoume giati den tha vgename zontanoi... i omada eprepe na fygei apo to gipedo...

Compared to past, Toumba was ekklisia yestreday.

You did not lose the game because of few bottles thrown on the pitch. You lost because PAOK score one more goal than you. B)

paok played with a little more passion than we did...they seemed hungrier..

Romero hasnt done anything since the pre season...Mantzios was our best player & with a little luck could of scored some more..

We've been playing for 2nd for most of the season & this game sollidified that...

IF we finish 2nd,have a good showing in the UEFA, & win the cup, the season will be looked at as a success.. But being out of the race for first so early sucks

Actually I don't feel all that bad about this. The season was NOT lost at PAOK. We lost it against other lesser teams. Nothing new here.

no i disagree heavily. We still had some optimism ahead of this game. We had a recent change of good form, OSFP was starting to drop, and AEK had a chance to really make the league get interesting if they win OSFP, but theyre losing now. With this loss and AEKs then its just far less realistic to pull up our head and get the title.

Yeah there were bad results along the way that all count the same but this was our last big opportunity to seize some control back. Thats why its gone.

Anyways- as this season is lost, we could tell at the begining of the season before it had even started that we were going to be crap. Bakke was the worst coach PAO has ever had for preseason, he kept us 2 months behind the other teams and had an awful start. I said before he should have been fired after the Anderlecht derby, because it was obvious the man did not even come close to doing his job in getting the team fit, and team/mentally/physically prepared for a season.

If we can keep a hold of our young players and Munoz i think next season we should have a cup to get us some optimism at least and take it from there. Munoz is not a genius but he does seem like a stable, non idiot coach like Skazny or Bakke, and that hes willing to put in our youth players is another great aspect. If we can hold on to those strengths, and get him or someone INTELLIGENT to do the player transfers then were ok.

But whoever is bringing in Biscans, Romeros, Antonssons, and also is the d-bag looking for Spainsh players to compliment our "Spanish coach/style (bullshit)" which is retarted, coach/players is NOT clothing they do NOT have to 'match'. Needs to get out of the club as fast as possible. This is another mystery about management. Why the players that are proven to have results (even statistically) get sent away on bad terms while players who BLOW keep getting money, respect, more patience than ever deserved and special treatment just because of a name or passport....That mentality has to die and die fast!

yeah, we had some optimism BEFORE the game, but look being 8 points behind in the greek league (and with 10 games left) we have to be realistic. We'd have to beat OLY in Pireas and hope for others to do damage for us, and we wouldn't lose any other points. Not a very possible scenario in THIS reality.

I think PAOK is strong at home, a difficult game, so losing points there though not desirable is understandable. Besides, PAOK is not a contender. PAO loses titles because we fail to take care of the lesser teams... and, beat our 2 main rivals--where 2 wins are worth 12 points. <_<

and all u salpi naysayers, look at what the team looked like without him up front. Pap is overated, all because he had one year with 18 goals 3 years ago when konstantinou was gettin double teamed and he was left with all the chances in the world.

god i can only imagine what this team would have looked like with Salpi and Gekas up front and with Mantzios as a sub or even a 3rd offensive option.

I definitely agree with this!

Salpi does a very good job in-front and I think he helps mantzios much more..Mantzios was not very good against paok but still he was one of our best players....

Pap was a dissapointment.He is outformed for a long period now, but I expect him to find his form....someday!

Nothing went well, it was a bad game! And especially from defense...Both goals were to easy to concede!

The championship is lost but we still have 2 comps to compete (along with the 2nd place again!)...it's an improvement to last year :P

I say keep faith...we aren't so good,we don't have stability in our play but I think a good job is being done this season....give Munoz a contract and I believe we're gonna have omadara soon!!!

I definitely agree with this!

Salpi does a very good job in-front and I think he helps mantzios much more..Mantzios was not very good against paok but still he was one of our best players....

Pap was a dissapointment.He is outformed for a long period now, but I expect him to find his form....someday!

Nothing went well, it was a bad game! And especially from defense...Both goals were to easy to concede!

The championship is lost but we still have 2 comps to compete (along with the 2nd place again!)...it's an improvement to last year :P

I say keep faith...we aren't so good,we don't have stability in our play but I think a good job is being done this season....give Munoz a contract and I believe we're gonna have omadara soon!!!

I've always said Salpi is a very good forward and should be in the Ethniki first team, he always makes a positive difference and fights for everything! I'm a big fan and while I agree that he was a big loss PAO wouldnt have won even with him. The team had no cohesion and showed absolutely no football ability. Overall it was hugely disappointing!

i watched the game and i took a break from the forum to collect my thoughts :D

i have only one thing to say that should be thought about...

.just because the championship is further from us does not mean the season is over or finished..we may not win the championship but there is much left to learn by our YOUNG team...it makes me sad to think munoz might not be with us next season because with him as our coach and the young players we have i believe in a season or two's time we will have a great team..the man knows what he is doing..he was a great player once himself... he has made some mistakes but lets face it, greek football is very...unique...munoz will squeeze those foreign garbage players out..i know this by his moves ths winter...i think he will replace these guys with a good mix of greeks and older generation players...everyone was talking crap on salva but i saw the man this weekend play and score a penatly against real madrid and from what i saw i am sad we didnt get him..he is a player we can use..he is the kind of older player we need, someone who can lead the younger players...i saw his experience in the fields where our strikers are lacking in..bottom line, munoz knows football and he knows what our team needs and how to accomplish it..

...the season is not lost because our young players(which is 3/4 of the team) are playing and developing into players that dont just have "promise" ..

pao123 is right, the season is not lost, just realistically the league title is out of reach. But, we have the cup and UEFA, but most importantly we see something good finally being done. So, as fans we can say that our team sits in a better position if you think long term than our main competitors.

Personally, that's what I want to see, improvement, some decent play, and hope that the next season will be better than the last--something we couldn't say with confidence in the last many years! right?

last year we won our last 9 games in a row i think. if we can match that this year we will be 2nd. never the less, we have an ''easier'' schedule then AEK other then the derby. they go away 3 more times then we do. and they have xanthi at home. they dont give up too many goals.

if we tie or beat AEK, pao has a chance at 2nd.

Archived