Phantis Forums

Paok vs Pao

HOLLYWOOD

cyber, seems we finally disagree on something. although tziolis on the offensive side is a bit weak today, i cant say anything bad about him on the D side. leontiou is forced to play a bit too far left because of the weakness of that side today

this in turn makes the middle of the field seem a bit more open.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh come on guys... this penalty decision is in the same league as the Olympiako one the other day. No where else in the world would you see this <_<

First off it was unintentional, look at Megahed's eyes he isn't even looking at the ball. 2nd, it didnt stop a goalscoring chance, Mantzios was going nowhere.

@ Nikosvazelas:

im sorry but i disagree with u ethnik.. i didnt see anything really good from paoks side even though they r playing at home.

File mou have PAO's fans standards really lowered that much? What has PAO done in this game? Show somewhere that the team managed to string 4 passes together with out losing the ball. PAOK's quality has been poor but they have fought their way to be the better side. PAO's defence can't handle the high balls and PAOK are scrapping.

Oh come on guys... this penalty decision is in the same league as the Olympiako one the other day. No where else in the world would you see this <_<

First off it was unintentional, look at Megahed's eyes he isn't even looking at the ball. 2nd, it didnt stop a goalscoring chance, Mantzios was going nowhere.

@ Nikosvazelas:

im sorry but i disagree with u ethnik.. i didnt see anything really good from paoks side even though they r playing at home.

File mou have PAO's fans standards really lowered that much? What has PAO done in this game? Show somewhere that the team managed to string 4 passes together with out losing the ball. PAOK's quality has been poor but they have fought their way to be the better side. PAO's defence can't handle the high balls and PAOK are scrapping.

ethnikistis..i think your wrong on this one

Oh come on guys... this penalty decision is in the same league as the Olympiako one the other day. No where else in the world would you see this  <_<

@ Nikosvazelas:

ethnikistis..i think your wrong on this one
ok... its good to disagree, healthy for Phantis discussion! :)

A deserved 2-1 win for PAOK. PAO were terrible today and it's worrying that some of you have considered this a 'metrio' performance. PAO will need to improve by 300% NO EXAGGERATION to do well in Europe this year!

Georgiadis, Zagorakis, Meghed, Arabatzi and Mbalafa were very good for PAOK. For PAO Tzolis put in a good performance but I can honestly say that no one else deserved anything from this game. Papa fought well and Bidi put in a couple of good crosses but nothing more. Really Munoz has a lot of work to do. I pray that we see a Euro-PAO in the UEFA and not this s%$#!. :(

to start off, there is now way that this game shoulda ended 2-1.. there were many chances on both sides and it should been more high scoring. sadly the officiating was horrible again and the 5 minutes at the end was a joke.

the game was interupted twice because of fans and with 5 subs b4 the 90 minute mark it shoulda been at least 7 or 8 minutes.

how can we not forget last year at karaiskaki when osfp was given 8 minutes to try to tie paok. or AEK who was given up to 8 minutes against larisa last year.

besides all that, it shouldnt have gone to this. ivan should be in from the beginning. romero is a bust.

mantzios missed two golden chances to tie the game. had he done so, it mighta been a different outcome.

nevertheless, we can always hope for second place.

i still like the fact that munoz keeps playing youngsters.

however, i am sure he will not return next year when he sees the officiating and going ons at stadiums like toumba.

ethnikistis, stop saying performance and paok playing soccer or what have you. this was not a soccer game. this was a jungle. and seeing as u have so many questions to ask me about pao's past performances etc, id like you to answer me this. when was the last time u saw an english prem game where the fans were as tormentuous as this and the game being interrupted. it doesnt make sense that the league allows fans to determine outcomes as often as we do. its sad.

u throw something on the filed once. stadium gets a warning. u throw something twice, the game is cancelled and u r forced to play ur next homw game NOT WITH AN EMPTY stadium but on the opposing teams field.

then u will see the fans become angels.

why someone will throw something at a 16 yr kid that is the future of our league and possibly our NT shows idiocy on the part of the paok fans...really sad..

kai distixos epireastike o Ninis kai fysiko einai... einai mono 16 xronon kai ta paidia einai euaisthita.. elpizo na min ton epireasi omos sti synexeia tou protathlimatos...

oi xeiroteroi filathloi tis elladas gia mena einai oi PAOKtzides... paei kai teleiose... kathikia einai oloi kai den perno piso tipota apo osa exo pei... autoi i omada me tosa provlimata pou exei dimiourgisei sto protathlima eprepe na itan D' ethniki tora...

giati to allo?? me ton Mpidi??? pali kala pou efige me to kefali tou sti thesi tou...

---------

Romero was the worst player... i think hes gonna go... Ivan is much better.. its ok!

PANATHA OLEEE!!! pame gera... proxorame oloi mazi...

A deserved 2-1 win for PAOK. PAO were terrible today and it's worrying that some of you have considered this a 'metrio' performance. PAO will need to improve by 300% NO EXAGGERATION to do well in Europe this year!

Georgiadis, Zagorakis, Meghed, Arabatzi and Mbalafa were very good for PAOK. For PAO Tzolis put in a good performance but I can honestly say that no one else deserved anything from this game. Papa fought well and Bidi put in a couple of good crosses but nothing more. Really Munoz has a lot of work to do. I pray that we see a Euro-PAO in the UEFA and not this s%$#!. :(

1)

what the F*** do you care youre a gayros

2)

there is no europe this year. were playing Lens who is miles above the crap we play. Even if we miraculously make it through we wont last in this competition to get anywhere significant. europe is not even a concern.

3)

regardless of the result of OSFP-AEK tommorow this is the real end of championship hopes this year. We hit a good patch of form but we couldnt afford another f*** up, and we did. At least the cup looks realistic...

ethnikistis, stop saying performance and paok playing soccer or what have you. this was not a soccer game. this was a jungle. and seeing as u have so many questions to ask me about pao's past performances etc, id like you to answer me this. when was the last time u saw an english prem game where the fans were as tormentuous as this and the game being interrupted. it doesnt make sense that the league allows fans to determine outcomes as often as we do. its sad.

u throw something on the filed once. stadium gets a warning. u throw something twice, the game is cancelled and u r forced to play ur next homw game NOT WITH AN EMPTY stadium but on the opposing teams field.

Oh please! Toumba was angelic today compared to some of the things we see at PAO... do i need to remind you of the UEFA Cup game against the Ukranians this year? How about the AEK game? Yes some plastic bottles and a paper cup were thrown, even a shoe was thrown and it was irritating, but to blame PAO's inept performance on the 'jungle' is ridiculous. PAO were poor, simple as that. I'm not attacking the club I'm merely saying that i pray that PAO improve in time for the UEFA because with a performance like that we'll experience a raping!

As for the English Prem, I live in England I go to many games and things are thrown all the time. This year in 2 Prem games a player has received a cut from missles thrown (once at Fulham and once at Watford). You dont hear them blaming poor performances on that. Imagine you met a foreigner who has just seen PAO play, wouldnt you be embarassed at the teams performance? Sorry file but I want PAO to be playing good football and that won't happen if the fans are passing off embarassing performances as being 'metria'.

Oh please! Toumba was angelic today compared to some of the things we see at PAO... do i need to remind you of the UEFA Cup game against the Ukranians this year? How about the AEK game? Yes some plastic bottles and a paper cup were thrown, even a shoe was thrown and it was irritating, but to blame PAO's inept performance on the 'jungle' is ridiculous. PAO were poor, simple as that. I'm not attacking the club I'm merely saying that i pray that PAO improve in time for the UEFA because with a performance like that we'll experience a raping!

As for the English Prem, I live in England I go to many games and things are thrown all the time. This year in 2 Prem games a player has received a cut from missles thrown (once at Fulham and once at Watford). You dont hear them blaming poor performances on that. Imagine you met a foreigner who has just seen PAO play, wouldnt you be embarassed at the teams performance? Sorry file but I want PAO to be playing good football and that won't happen if the fans are passing off embarassing performances as being 'metria'.

nai alla stin Agglia tous kathizoun kai mesa... kanoun kai 100 silipseis... oi dikoi mas... mono na vgazoun anakoinoseis apo ta megafona kseroun... An imoun proedros tou PAO ego prosopika tha eperna tin omada kai tha efeuga... kai den tha me endiefere tipota..

Oh well, this was a lost season from long ago. Maybe now we can treat it as an extended preseason for next year. I think we have UEFA cup in our pocket though. One thing I was thinking though, if I were Munoz I would not want to be part of a competition that plays in such stadiums. I would not be surprised if he is gone in May.

The game was the worst thing I have seen in years. I think the ball was on the turf 1/4 of the game. The rest of the time it flew wildly all over the place in the air. Both teams are responsible for that. All reporters talk about what a nice game with suspense, but I am left thinking why I waste my weekends watching such crap play. I used to make fun of the US teams, but MLS offers much better play. Greek football is on a downward spiral.

As for the game, this is what you get from young teams. No experience to overcome adversity leads to winnable games thrown away. PAOK was horrible, and we were just worst. We could have won if we could convert one of the many clean shots we had, but in the end we lost fairly.

Defensively we looked really bad. When the ball comes high into our box most of the time an opponent has the first shot. Since I know Munos is asking everyone to play man-to-man on free-kicks, it boils down to individual play. In the second goal, a foul from our left found a PAOK player all alone on the penalty spot who took the header and scored. Tziolis was the closest one, so I assume he was his man to mark, but he was not only way behind, he did not even know where the ball was (Mantzios was the second closest man, and he looked lost as well). On the first goal, the entire middle of our defense was caught with their pants down. They were lucky that the PAOK player in the middle missed the ball, but then no one followed through. Vintra should had covered the ball and so should Galinovic. Neither did, and Georgiadis is too experienced to miss such chance.

Our midfield played as if they were stuck in mud, and our offense created enough chances, but could not convert any of them.

This is what I saw today from our players:

Galinovic: second game in a row that he conceded a preventable goal. In the first one he should be in control of his area but he was too slow off his line. In the second goal, the header came from a spot that was well within his area of responsibility. He took a couple of steps forward, then he stopped, and then I am sure he thought "oh s@#$^". Not entirely his fault, but it's time we find a goalkeeper that's more decisive with the hight balls. He did save us on one tet-a-tet that would had made the score too embarrassing for us.

Nilsson was good today, and he even helped forward. No complains from me today.

Goumas was ok for the most part, and so was Morris. But the first goal came from a ball bouncing in front of them, and the second one from a free-kick that was met in the middle of our box. In my book this area must be dominated by the individual play of our CB and our GK.

Vintra played as a LB again and despite trying really hard, it was obvious that he is a marked man by opponents. There were times when PAOK just put him in the middle and passed the ball around at will. Since this season is lost, I say put Bourzouzika for the rest of the season to see what he is worth.

Ninis was very well defended by two and three players at a time that clearly had instructions to channel him to the interior. They did very well, and the youngster found no space to do anything meaningful.

Tziolis, like my friend Nikosvazelas said earlier, had an ok game defensively, but he failed to push the ball forward quickly, and most of the time he lost it way too easily.

Leontiou looked small to me today. He had problems stopping opponents on defense, and did not help control the midfield.

I don't know about you, but I have seen enough of Tsirola (Romero) for one season. He was once again mediocre on both his defensive and offensive responsibilities. He looks like a nice guy, and he looks like he tries really hard, but he can't make any difference in our team.

Mantzios had another ok game and he proved why he has not been a fixture in our starting lineup despite his considerable skill. He missed at least three chances, the kind of which I would had made with my right arm tied behind by back to my left leg, and I am a terrible footballer. After he missed the header all alone around the 17th minute I thought to myself "I know we are going to regret this", and two minutes later PAOK scored. His scoring frequency this season is 14% in the superleague by my count. Two goals in 14 games are not good numbers for a SF. He is still young, but I am afraid he is establishing himself as an occasional scorer.

Papadopoulos looked nothing like himself. One thing that made us all like him was his tenacious drive to the ball. He does not have it any more. Today he was dispossessed way too easily. He did not find any space to move, he did not create any space for himself or anyone else, and generally he looked like he could not help the team push forward.

Ivanschitz came in for Romero and was a breath of fresh air when he moved forward. Unfortunately it was too late for us since in the last 20 minutes the ball was in play only 5 minutes or so.

Bovio came in for Vintra in the last ten minutes and managed to annoy the heck out of me. He does not look like he knows where he is. Someone please stop him from delivering corners and fouls. He has been doing it all season long and he is horrible at it. He can't help us, and he does not look like he cares. Maybe leave Leontiou in from now on to let him grow as much as possible at this position.

Haralabidis came in for Ninis at the same time as Bovio and touched the ball maybe once. He looked lost in the field, and it was obvious that he could not help the team either.

Lastly, Munoz. This was the first game when I thought he was out of form. I did not like the Mantzios-Papadopoulos offence, and I did not like Galinovic starting this game. I did not like Leontiou over Bovio either, but after Bovio came in I realized I was wrong on this one. I am not a coach, but I don't understand how you can keep your first scorer on the bench the entire game. It's easy for me to say after the game, but Salpigidis should had played at least for part of the game. I also thought he also took too long to take Romero out.

I listened to his interview after the game and I took his words "as long as I am with PAO" [we will try to gather as many points as possible] to be a sign that he will not be with the team next season. I hope I am wrong because he will be much better next season.

Next game: Against OFI (we will need a better showing than today because OFI is a better team than PAOK from what I've seen so far).

ego vrika lathos ton Munoz mono stin periptosi tou Romero... eprepe na paiksei o Ivan.

o Salpi itan traumatismenos opos kai o Tsigkas opote den eixame epiloges stin epithesi...

It was always going to be hard (with the current squad we have) to beat

PAOK not only twice in 3 days but also in Toumba.

We failed to convert some good efkairies (particularly Mantzios) and

Georgiadis on our left-side proved a handful against the defense.

Their 2nd goal was too soft and Mario has to take some blame for

being indecisive.

Romero (whom I liked at the start of the season) has become a major

disappointment and quite frankly I don't know if he knows what his role

should be. Perhaps its just me, but when he runs he seems like he's

carrying an injury (very odd running motion).

I can't say we deserved a win today but PAOK weren't any better.

Being in front of your home crowd playing against the side that

knocked u out of the Cup 3 days prior is enough incentive to bust your

gut and take revenge.

Anyway, all we can do is continue looking forward ..... there's still the Cup

& Europe (though the latter is too formidable but will assist our younger

players get some experience).

Archived