Phantis Forums

PAOK vs. PANATHINAIKOS

NikosVazelas

Nooooooooooooooo, V-y-n-t-r-a???? (#24). Thanks. I should have guessed it... Though, it could have been Biscan (the other one that turns his back when Rivaldo takes a shot)

You know if you think about it, the team tries, plans, does this and that, but often the game is decided in the details... Like freezing and letting your opponent score, turning your back, not marking well in the box, etc. Look, I've played the game, and I know how devastating it is to spit blood trying to win only to see a f@ckup idiot sell the game to the other team. Devastating.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About Strikers:

i think salpiggidis needs to be seriously revaluated by coaches and staff...of what ive seen of him hes got a bit of a knack but hes just not that skilled, hell be great for PAOK or another country club as the local guy who is always strong but for some reason i could never see anything great in him, hes good, but the way he was brought into the club and depicted as is kind of a bs sharade...i honestly think we need players like him but not in his current role and price, we should have our

Seeing Mantzios replace him and Tsigkas performance...Mantzios first of all needs to get starts again, hes a great striker and if we are ever playing with a lone striker there is no arguement between Mantzios or Salpiggidis alone, its Mantzios. Its great we got Tsigkas back.....look at him been in training 2-3 weeks and already got 2 starts...Munoz sees something in him and I think he has a point.......why on earth would we consider Salva right now??? Hes completly uneeded!!! Look at the facts washup players DO NOT WORK FOR PAO, and strikers weve just reinforced. The fact that hes Spanish and the coach is too makes another NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever but Im convinced theres idiots in our transfers who think it will. Find them and off with there head. We did great to get rid of Zaec and cut the croatian garbage supply to the team, now whoevers behind the rest needs to go too.

Tsigkas and Mantzios looked good out there, I definitly think its time to start using Salpiggidis elsewhere or on the bench, Mantzios is the power and class striker we need out there to be 90 mins, Salpiggidis is a bulldog with average skill but fast legs and some wit...useful but nowhere near the superstar he was brought in to be, hes gotten a share of goals but plenty of major or growing strikers would have done the same I feel. Hes ideal for a supersub, not the go-to guy. Looking at half season it was not a great transfer in terms of what we lost ....Id rather have kept Tsigkas, Gkekas at striker (Gkekas at minimum would do what Salpiggidis has done so far) Tsigkas would give depth, and maybe we could have ditched Torghelle, Nilsson and Biscan for someone like Arabatzis to replace the hopless right side......

<braile mode>

I have a one-track-mind on strikers. They must find the net consistently. Everything else is just fluf. If he scores, I don't care if they are skilled, or tall, or strong, or anything. Salpigidis fits the bill, and so does Mantzios from what I've seen so far. I think the two of them would make a good pair up front for us.

Salpgidis is a good striker and he has a nose for the net. Was he worth the price? We will know in another 2-3 years, but so far he has given 100% on the field and I appreciate that. He has hit a dry spell but he is sure to rebound. I remember long periods when Vazeha did not score in his glory days and everyone talked about finding another striker, but he always came back strong.

If anything he needs some rest and some fan support. He is a bit burned out because he played just about every game in Superleague, UEFA cup, and Greek Cup so far.

To be a bit more precise, Salpigidis has missed only one minute in Superleague.

He started all six games, and missed only 53 minutes in UEFA cup

He played in three of our four games in the Cup for 120 minutes.

Tsigas looked good in the two games he played, and Papadopoulos is a good SS (the only one that can play that role with success). Bringing in some more competition in the summer is an excellent idea, but Salpigidis was the right investment for our team and he will be around for a while.

</braile mode>

Archived