J1078
Members-
Posts
2,828 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
185
Everything posted by J1078
-
https://m.sport24.gr/football/ellada/ethniki_elladas/anastasiadhs-elpizw-na-toys-fwtisei-o-theos-na-mh-me-vgaloyn-pseuth.5363887.html
-
I don’t think we should be holding our breath as it’s a very tall order and need everything to work out perfectly.. But for those who are curious Finland is at +5 we are at -1 so ideally we would want to win 3-0 and then they lose 1-0 or more to Hungary and then we go in on goal differential. We could even win 2-0 and As long as Bulgaria beat them by 2 then we would go through as long as we beat Estonia.. We can take it a step further and say even if we win 1-0 and pump Estonia by 3 or 4 as long as Hungary beats Finland then we can still top the group.. There plenty of scenarios but obviously all long shots..
-
I’m not so concerned about topping the group.. that to be honest is no longer doable... We just need to focus on finding a style to play that can be successful.. The Euro qualifiers will be very difficult but it’s our only chance to make the Euros since we butchered the Nations league.. We are not scoring 3 goals it’s not happening and even if we do we need Finland to lose against Hungary.. They just need to focus on working as a team with a set plan that everyone buys into so they don’t go into the Euro qualifiers lost..
-
I really like his passion and love he has for the NT and the fact that it is a dream come true for him.. Glad to see that Basinas said he will be working with the under 21 team to develop one system that the Greek teams will be accustom to playing so that way when they transition into the NT the young guys don't feel lost. Every successful football nation does this. As a Greek coach and with Basinas there they will implement the importance and honor for being on the NT and if guys don't show they care they will not be called up.. All in all a positive press conference..
-
I'm surprised by laz or Fetfa not being called up either but I will give the new manager the benefit of the doubt and wont judge him until I see the team play for a bit... I will be disappointed if Bakasetas starts though..This first game against Finland may be a very different game style we play as we will be chasing goals.. I wonder if the coach will play an all out attack to try to get goals and stay alive in the Nations league or will he juts try to implement his style and get them ready for the Euros???
-
Very pleased to see Tziolis and Tzavellas finally done.. unfortunate that Donis misses AGAIN due to injury.. Not a fan of Bakasetas but glad to see this coach make changes... look forward to see what system he plays and who he chooses to start..
-
Here are the players that have been called up... Donis still injured.. Goalkeepers: Vasilis Barkas (AEK), Alexandros Paschalakis (PAOK), Odysseas Vlachodimos (Benfica). Defenders: Kostas Manolas (AS Roma), Sokratis Papastathopoulos (Arsenal), Dimitris Siovas (Leganes), Vasilis Lampropoulos (AEK), Michalis Bakakis (AEK), Vasilis Torosidis (Olympiacos), Leonardo Koutris (Olympiacos), Dimitris Giannoulis (Atromitos). Midfielders: Andreas Samaris (Benfica), Andreas Bouchalakis (Olympiacos), Petros Mantalos (AEK), Dimitris Pelkas (PAOK), Anastasios Bakasetas (AEK), Konstantinos Fortounis (Olympiacos), Dimitris Kourbelis (Panathinaikos), Carlos Zeca (FC Copenhagen), Giorgos Masouras (Panionios). Forwards: Konstantinos Mitroglou (Marseille), Efthymis Koulouris (Atromitos), Nikos Karelis (PAOK). http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/vlachodimos-siovas-and-koutris-in-ethniki-roster
-
Ya I just read that as well... I thought it was official a couple weeks ago... Tsanos is also not part of the team which is great.. http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/official-epo-confirm-anastasiadis-appointment
-
I thought he was announced my bad... what are they waiting for? I mean the money has been agreed upon and the guy is going to coach the team within the next week or so...
-
The team will look different in the euro qualifiers then it will in the last 2 games of the Nations league due to the fact that he will allow the U21 to finish their campaign.. I still think we will see a different team in the next two games as I expect Tziolis, Tzavellas, Karnezis gone. I'm hoping he reaches out to Holebas.. Don't expect miracles in the first two games as the team may not look that good until they adjust to the way the coach wants them to play.. I'm taking these next two games as a way to get ready for the Euro qualifiers.. A press conference with the new coach would have been nice...
-
New coach calls up Vlachodimos and Samaris for the upcoming games.. http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/benfica-confirm-vlachodimos-and-samaris-in-national-team-roster
-
Its a very simple game plan for any team playing against the NT, all they have to focus on is suffocating Mitro and that pretty much eliminates the Greek team from scoring... If you want to get the most out of Mitro then you need to create space for the guy so adding another striker will free him up.. We all know Mitro is slow and can be very ineffective in games but he is the only player you have that only needs 1 chance and he can score more then any other player on the team. For a team that doesn't score goals sitting Mitro is NOT the answer but rather finding away to free him up is what they should be looking at and adding another striker is the only way..
-
This article says big changes are coming and Tziolis,Tzavellas will not be called up again either will Karnezis.. he is looking at adding Tsamikas,Gallanopoulos and others... http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/20181016-8ygrj
-
https://www.sport24.gr/Columns/Charlie/ethnikh-elladas-o-anastasiadhs-exei-galanopoylo-lampropoylo-se-prwto-plano.5352463.html
-
Apparently big changes coming.... He has completely changed the coaching staff, and apparently Tziolis, Tzavellas and Karnezis will not be part of the NT going forward.. He is also going to be working closely with Nikopolidis in regards to the young guys... If this reporting is accurate then things are definitely looking up... I hope he does a press conference soon.. EPO is so unorganized as they should have had a formal press conference with the new coach and his plans before he starts the nations league games in 2 weeks..
-
Glad to see Basinas join the team And Tsanos looks like he’s on his way OUT!! Let’s hope this coach and his staff finally start to turn this team around..
-
I don’t think anyone should say s..t about this coach until he has been given a fair chance.. we’ve had some good name coaches that haven’t worked out... At the very least this coach shouldn’t be judged until he has had sometime with the team.. No player on the NT should have the right to open their mouth about which coach they want becasue as much as the coaches have been to blame there performances has been dreadful and if anyone is going to bring a negative attitude on the team then they should retire from the NT... There is no true leader in this NT at all.. I know Manolas and Socrati are leaders and have heart but this team is missing a vocal leader like Kara, as those guys wore the NT jersey on their heart.. The new coach needs to step in and immediately take control of the team because if he goes in their and shows weakness some of these players will walk all over him.. I’m personally excited to see what he is going to do with the team.. Maybe having a Greek coach after all is what they need to fix this team becasue no foreign coach has been able to do it over than last 4 years..