J1078
Members-
Posts
2,828 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
185
Everything posted by J1078
-
The Greece team of two years ago would barely beat Montenegro 1-0, but we wouldn't lose or concede a goal. I want to play Montenegros best line up and don't want to play an injured opponent. Now that the horrific EQ is done and behind us we will now see if that was just one of those things that we couldn't explain but if we still play garbage football and don't beat these teams and dominate the play against teams like Montenegro then it clearly shows our problems are not behind us. Iceland should be a good test. There is no excuse not to win this game with what ever line up we start.
-
You have 2 games IMO to flirt with a few different combinations this game and the Iceland game. You better have your line chosen prior to the Australia matches or any other upcoming matches. We need to start building chemistry along with a a style of play that we want to play. If we are still unsure of certain players and there roles come the summer time kiss the W/C good bye.
-
^really like that line up.
-
Nice goals.... But Im still not sure about him as a starter on the NT yet.
-
^ I don't think we are there yet based on one game that tied, especially since a few days prior we lost 1-0 to a minnow. Way to early to Assume we have turned the corner imo. We don't even know what Skibbes plans are or who he has in mind to start for this team.
-
^ I agree especially if they're not getting playing time, but what other options do we have? On the other hand everyone that plays as a starter for the NT should be a regular player with regular paying time. I guess we need to look at our options and see if a player like Kone or Tach is still better at half the playing time then Anyone else we have that is playing regularly.
-
Samaris, taxi,Kone,mitro, and Fortounis, need to be our go to guys, we pretty much know who our defense is going to be but for Greece to have any success those 5 guys need to be much better then they have been or we have no chance.
-
I'm still worried that in this campaign we are still going to be juggling our lines trying to find combinations that work just like we did in our last campaign. I hope Skibbe try's a few things out and then just sticks with a line up and works with the guys he believes in. I think if we are still unsure of our line up going into the start of the World Cup campaign then I think we will be in trouble.
-
As of right now I don't want to see Karelis as one of our starters. Pelkas I'm open to seeing more of but he's still unproven. Taxi and Samaris still worry me together but it's worth giving them a chance to see if they can build chemistry together I guess considering our options. Kone needs to be a starter, Fourtinis is a given and mitro has to be up front for us even though he hasnt performed for us in the last year or so. Fetfa and Ninis need to step up and earn a spot because they have been under performing for the NT and Ninis is running out of chances. I still think he has a lot more to give.
-
^i agree I think Kone needs to step up and be a big part of this team going forward.
-
I agree with Rockafeller We need to stop using the Hungary game as an example of how we won't to play. Yes we were good offensively but as a whole our team game sucked. We conceded 3 goals to a sub par team, using this game as a blue print of how we want to play is not a good idea. I am still hesitant of using taxi and Samaris together I haven't seen enough with these 2 as a duo.
-
Line up is not bad but I'm not liking tachtsidis and Samaris together, I don't think these two players compliment each other. I also think we can't give up on Kone yet and we need to fit him in somewhere.
-
Our Middfield is a big weakness for us, whe need someone who can create space and and control the pace. In my opinion there is know one good enough right now at Mid to do this. Do you guys think it's worth giving Holebas a chance at Mid to see what he can do?
-
^ I understand what you are saying and I'm not trying to be negative for the sake of being negative. If Akritis wants to call me a peasant for my post more power to him. I think a lot of us were shocked and upset from what we've seen from this team and we are getting some of our frustration out via the form. In reality I would love to feel optimistic about our chances but I'm not going to unless I see improvements I'm not going to live in a fantasy workd like Arkitis and all of sudden because it's 2016 think the team will be better. And I understand Bosnia is on the decline and not that good but if we play the way we did does it really matter? Anyways I am looking forward to what Skibbe does with our line up and what style of play he decides to go with. But as I mentioned earlier with know game plan as of yet and no known guys coming up its hard to feel positive until I see results. I will be positive when I see the team going in the right direction, and I will be negative when the team plays below the level they are capable of playing and if that bothers Akirtis he knows where he can go.
-
^Buddy what the hell are you talking about?? How are you going to be positive right now when the team is at its all time low and over the last 2 years has consistantly lost to horrible teams. I speak like "Bosnia is Brazil" I'm sorry when did that happen? I'm simply making a point that if we lost to teams like Irlenad, Finland,Farore,Lux, then yes Bosnia should have no problem beating us. And Im Sorry because I need to see how the team plays in there next matches leading up to the World Cup campaign before I start getting excited about the team is "Typical retarded Greek mentality"? Buddy you can start planning the parade and buying tickets to the World Cup but I think I will wait and see how the team does and what improvements if any they make leading up to September. I'm still very confused how wanting to see the team start to play better ball before I get excited is "Typical retarded Greek Mentality" lol
-
^ I think we need to see the outcome of all of our friendlies leading into the World Cup campaign before we can even try to predict how many wins we need. If our outcomes continue to be shitty in our friendlies leading up to the start of our campaign then there is no chance in HELL of us making it. I personally think we have no shot as it is but I will use the friendlies and what I see as a measuring stick to see if we can gain back our form.
-
Come on guys pound for pound we are better then Bosnia? Based on what? We were also better than every other team in our group on paper. What have you seen in this last year that indicates to you we are better then Bosnia? Can anyone here tell me that if Bosnia was in our group they wouldnt have won our group hands down. This is definitely Bosnia and Belgiums group to lose not ours.
-
^i get what you are saying but the way I look at it is this, I think it's fair to ASSUME Belgium will take the first spot as they are better then any of the teams in our group, so that leaves us and Bosnia and maybe Cyprus, but let's focus on Bosnia, Bosnia will go in ahead of us on goals for remember it's not head to head in the World Cup its goal differential. Bosnia will with out a doubt double us on goal scoring which will automatically put them ahead. We have to be honest with our selves as much as it SUCKS, but Bosnia would never lose to the FI in a qualifier both times they played them know matter which players they start, or end up losing to Luxembourg. We might have the pieces on Defense I recognize that but we are not a very good team at all. Let's not forget this isn't something new with this team as we would barely squeeze out 1-0 wins against minnows for as long as I can remember with such a small margin of victories against those teams now the tide has turned and the minnows are squeezing out similar outcomes against us. The only thing we had going for us was our rock solid defense that was allowing us to barely get victories and if we couldn't score then we new it would be a goalless draw. Those times are long gone as the tide has changed on this team. Just my opinion I really hope I'm wrong.
-
I say we start all of our young talent for the next World Cup and start to give them experience. We have nothing to lose there's is no way we are qualifying for the World Cup and come out of our group. I don't think we will qualify for the next euro so why not take this time to slowly get rid of the aging players and just go with a young team. I know there's guys out here that think we have a chance to qualify for the World Cup but that's just guys thinking with there hearts instead of there heads. Since we won't qualify for a major tournament at least for the next 4 years whe have nothing to lose.
-
I don't feel optimistic about our World Cup campaign. I personally think we will finish anywhere between 3-4.Anyone who says they're optimistic what are you basing that on? Skibbe? The fact we beat Hungary and scored some goals? Or is it when we lost to Luxembourg? Our team is a good 3-5 years away from being competitive again. I don't think this was a fluke what we went through I just think we are a bad team to be honest. It's no coincidence that we have gone through 4 coaches with the same results. We will not qualify for the next World Cup Belgium is going to take first spot and we won't be able to compete with Bosnia, even if we get lucky and tie Bosnia twice Bosnia will spank the other teams except for Belgium and we will barely score a goal or pull out a 1-0 victory so Bosnia will go ahead in goals for and that is the best case scenario. I personally think we will even finish behind Cypress.there is no upside to this team right now.
-
The issue was never the coaches the issue was our players.