Phantis Forums

Odyssey Criticism on wikipedia

Hopefully the clowns on OTN will realize and make some positive change. But I wonder who wrote the article :LOL:

Criticisms

Odyssey Television Network has been the subject of intense criticism for many years, by subscribers and non-subscribers alike, due to the nefarious operating practices of the broadcaster. Among the issues cited by critics is the very poor level of customer service offered by Odyssey TV. Questions and concerns are not addressed and many times are dismissed outright, emails are ignored or not replied to in a prompt manner and subscribers are spoken to very rudely when calling Odyssey head offices to voice a complaint or ask a question.

Other criticisms include the lack of a proper and up to date website as well as complaints about the quality of their channels. One of the most common complaints is programs being cut off and not aired in their entirety and too many commercial breaks inserted at the wrong moments (such as right before a program ends).

Inaccurate and outdated programming schedules are another major issue of concern with most subscribers that have not been satisfactorily addressed by Odyssey Television Network officials. The schedule for OTN's two channels is routinely inaccurate and common practice is for viewers to see one program displayed on their set-top boxes IPG and a different one to be airing on screen. A look at the current schedule[2] for Odyssey (OTN1) indicates multiple airings of a show called "O Kanadas Simera", throughout the broadcast day. This program however does not actually exist, yet appears repeatedly in the schedule?! Even after repeated complaints, OTN has not corrected the deficiencies in the schedule and refuses to acknowledge that a problem even exists. It is practices such as these that have caused subscribers to become fed up and cancel their subscriptions and seek out alternative means of watching Greek language programming in Canada.

Well, if you must know- it was ME! :D

I am sick and tired of this company and their crappy, low quality channel. I am also sick of their defacto monopoly over Greek programming in Canada. If you want ANT1 or ERT in Canada then you have to get it through Odyssey instead of direct from the broadcaster like they get everywhere else around the world.

I have complained numerous times to them about the issues mentioned in the Wiki article but to no avail because frankly they don't give a damn. So I decided to put up my complaints on Wikipedia for the whole world to see. :P I don't know how many people actually read wikipedia or how many look at the OTN article but I decided to do it anyway. In the end it hasn't done any good as the problems mentioned still exist.

I have now decided to go in a different direction namely contacting Antenna and voicing my complaints to them. Surprisingly I have received a reply every time I have emailed them and on one occasion was also told some rather surprising news- Apparently I am not the only one who has contacted them complaining about Odyssey, many other people have as well! Good to know I am not alone and what's even better is that the person who replied from Antenna's NY office said that Antenna's head office in Greece has launched an official review of Odyssey and the whole situation behind the complaints. I am not sure if anything will come of this but if people keep the pressure on by continuing to email them then maybe just maybe they will look into bringing in Antenna Satellite to Canada.

I urge everyone who wants Antenna Satellite from Greece and not the Odyssey version of Antenna to contact them and tell them. The more complaints they receive the better chance of them actually doing something and making changes. Don't settle for mediocrity, the regulatory body here in Canada have recently changed their rules making it possible for foreign channels to come into Canada and broadcast directly instead of going through a middleman (i.e. Canadian broadcaster). There is no reason why Antenna has to go through a Canadian intermediary like Odyssey, they can bring their satellite channel here direct and its high time they did so! Time for Canadians to stop getting the short end of the stick, why the hell should we have to suffer through watching crap like Odyssey and not have access to the actual channels like Greeks around the world do?! :angry:

Here is the contact info for Antenna:

Telephone: 212 688 5475 (NYC Office)

+30 210 6886490-2 (Head office in Greece)

Email: [email protected], [email protected]

:gr:

Archived