Phantis Forums

Only Greeks

thrylos

I don't think they should limit the rosters for the cup, Greeks only or whatever. I would rather see a quota on foreign players on rosters period. Trying to "level the playing field" never works anywhere, in sports, more money equals (over time) better players/ results. However, if there were a quota on foreign players period, more Greek players would be able to develop, instead of young talent being purchased by big-money teams to sit on the bench, just to keep them away from Super-League opposition. :nono:

i don't know man.....there are many benefit of greeks only playing in the cup.

currently, i bet you that Olympiakos would not be able to field an exceptional starting 11 of just greek born players.

it would great to see for national pride and development.

tht is all i have at the moment as i'm too tired from last night

• 3 weeks later...

I think Ten Cate actually has a great idea here.

If not the Cup, then at least a "League cup", that is designed purely to promote our domestic players.

Thats actually a great idea, and people should take it more seriously, also it does level the playing field.

We can't make a move to higher leagues quality without a solid domestic core of players. Its not about ethnocentrism or any of the hippy lets love everybody crap, its about EPO making a side tournament that can assist promoting and demonstrating its own quality.

Archived