Phantis Forums

Pao vs Rapid Bucuresti

HOLLYWOOD

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Munoz said he is not worried about the Aris game and that he would field the strongest possible team. This could mean anything, but I am sure he knows the importance of this game, and he would not want to travel to PSG desperate for points. If we lose tomorrow, and then lose at PSG, we could be eliminated, and this could be a major setback for the progress we managed in the last 40 days.

I have faith that we will win tomorrow. Rapid mihgt be a good team, but we've beaten better teams in Europe.

My prediction for the lineup:

----------------Ebede-------------

Nilsson--Goumas--Morris--Seric

Romero--Tziolis--Bovio--Victor

----Salpigidis---Papadopoulos--

If I were a PAO player, I wouldn't want to be resting during Europlay.

Looks good so far.

----------------Ebede-------------

Vintra---Biscan---Morris----Darlas

Romero--ziolis-Leontiou-Ivanschitz

----Salpigidis---Mantzios--

Ten minutes into the game we control the ball and move it nicely in midfield. Typically we can't find ways to break down their defense yet. The team plays with patience and confidence so far and everyone hustles to the ball like they want to win.

End of first half, and no, it des not look like we could score.

The game is balanced in midfield and I would say that Rapid has come forward with more authority, but they did not have any real chances except the one mistake by Darlas and Morris who failed to clear the ball and let a Romanian player come face to face with Ebede. Darlas cleared from behind so no damaged was done. These are the kinds of errors you get when defenders don't play together very often. Both players were on top of the ball, and each let the other kick it.

We had two good shots with Mantzios, but we just don't move the ball with ease from midfield to the well-covered forwards. This is the area that Pap covers so well, but Mantzios seem a bit slow in the area behind the lone forward.

No worries though, we look to be in control, and the second half has been our good half all season long, so VAAAAAMOOOOOS Tryfilara!

Archived