Phantis Forums

Other Uefa cup matches

HOLLYWOOD

I know Pao have the weekend off but there are two matches still been played in our group which i think we should pay attention to...

at the moment the table is something like this:

Group G

Clubs Pld W D L GF GA Pts

Panathinaikos 2 2 0 0 3 0 6

Rapid Bucuresti 2 0 2 0 2 2 2

PSG 1 0 1 0 0 0 1

H. Tel-Aviv 2 0 1 1 2 4 1

Mladá Boleslav 1 0 0 1 0 1 0

Obvously we would like Rapid and PSG to both lose but the outcome of that is very unlikely especially considering that there both playing at home.... However with an optimistic frame of mind, here are my tips...

Rapid Bucuresti 2 v 0 Mlada Boleslav

PSG 1 v 1 Hapoel Tel-Aviv

:gr:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panathinaikos 2 2 0 0 3 0 6

H. Tel-Aviv 3 0 1 1 2 4 4

Rapid Bucuresti 3 0 2 0 2 2 3

PSG 2 0 1 0 0 0 1

Mladá Boleslav 2 0 0 1 0 1 1

The way i see it now, its 95% in the bag that we have first place secured... All we need is a draw against PSG and its ours... we can even lose to Rapid if we wanted to as long as we get the draw against PSG which will see us get through to first on either goal difference or track record...

with all this in mind i expect nothing but a win against Rapid to wrap up the group leaving our "youngsters" and bench players getting a go against PSG as the game hasnt got any significants apon us.... :box:

P.S This week was just as good as Pao playing and winning... i mean two results that werent expected went our way :o

wow! Now we are in the pole position, and we weren't even playing!

It shows how big was our win in Mlada, and it also shows that we need to take each game seriously because anything can happen. Hapoel beating PSG was a huge surprise for me, as they did not look capable when we played them. Thanks to Shum for his help and maybe it will be Pao and Hapoel going through in the end.

Rapid is still in the game so I expect them to come to Athens to pull an upset. We are on a roll, so I expect a full stadium, a good game, and a big win to put us in the next round as group winners.

Thanks to Hollywood for posting the standings in our group.

Here is what's next:

30/11: Mlad? Boleslav - PSG

30/11: Panathinaikos - Rapid Bucuresti

13/12: PSG- Panathinaikos

13/12: H. Tel-Aviv - Mlad? Boleslav

If we beat Rapid we go to 9 points. Then even if we lose at PSG we advance to the 32 as group winners. Mathematically, we can still be eliminated if we lose both our next games, but I like our chances right now.

Three teams qualify from each group, but the group winner has definite advantages in playing one of the weaker teams in the knockout stages. That means better chances to reach the 16. Then, a lot can happen, but I won't get carried away. I will wait to see how we do against Rapid next Thursday before I get too excited :P

No, no, we must finish first so we could have an easier opponent next time. We're still rebuilding our team, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Rapid is a dangerous team and we'll lose if we don't take this seriously. I mean we'll go on to the next round, but you have to understand a team rides high when it gets results, not when it goes through the back door.

Besides, it helps to be feared in the UEFA cup, if, say, we got all wins in this stage! And, yes, we've blown many, many sure bets before by doing the worst possible. If I remember correctly, PAO does better against tougher teams and when the odds were against us. When we had easier games, when we only played ..not to lose by more than 2-0, we blew it!!!!

But, I sense something has changed with this coach, and we get what we want, even by half a goal. Again, beating your opponents adds to the ..inevitability of your success!

I agree with CYberfish's observations.

GP W D L GS GA W D L GS GA W D L GS GA GD P

1 Panathinaikos 3 2 1 0 3 0 1 1 0 2 0 1 0 0 1 0 3 7

2 Hapoel Tel-Aviv 3 1 1 1 6 6 0 1 0 2 2 1 0 1 4 4 0 4

3 Rapid Bucuresti 4 0 4 0 3 3 0 2 0 1 1 0 2 0 2 2 0 4

4 Mlada Boleslav 3 0 2 1 1 2 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 -1 2

5 PSG 3 0 2 1 2 4 0 0 1 2 4 0 2 0 0 0 -2 2

Im shocked :o, when this group was drawn i thought its between rapid, pao and psg for the top 3 spots while tel-aviv and mlada would be the easy beats however heading into the last round this group is completly open except for Pao who have first place tied up :rolleyes:

anyone from spot 5 (psg :o ) to spot 2 (Tel aviv :o ) haVE An equal opportunity to grab a birth into the next round...

unfortunatly the other 2 favourites (Rapid & PSG) of this group have there backs pinned up against the wall and will need something special and abit of luck for them to progress. The reason being is that Rapid dont have anymore matches left which means there going to be sitting on there couches praying that Pao beats or draws with PSG while Tel aviv and Blada also draw.. PSG have it slightly easier then Rapid as they can controll there future with a victory over PAO .. Also PSG have some other positives in this final match which are the following: * home ground (france) and are *playing Pao who have already won this group and have the luxuray to field a weaker side while resting there main players which im pretty sure they will do... Finannly the match of the round Tel Aviv and Mlada who were supposed to be the weakest teams of this group now find them selves in a better position then there counter parts (psg and Rapid) only needing to beat each other to advance... The Way i see it Mlada needs to win this game in israle (hard to do) to make it while even if tel aviv lose they can jst depend on the Pao's result to still go through... Tel-aviv have the advantage as the game is being played in israle while having a slightly stronger side as well...

However in this group nothing is for sure... :box: :box: :box:

My predictions (assuming no massive injuries accure from now till game time)

PSG 1 - 1 Pao (fielding a much weaker side then usual)

Tel - Aviv 2 - 1 Mlada (schum rejoicing like a fat F*** :P )

final table

PAO 8

Tel - Aviv 7

Rapid 4

PSG 3

Mlada 2

Group B

Tottenham 3 3 0 0 6 1 9

Dinamo Bucuresti 3 2 1 0 5 3 7

Beşiktaş 3 1 0 2 3 5 3

Club Brugge 4 0 2 2 4 7 2

Leverkusen 3 0 1 2 2 4 1

Beşiktaş 0 - 2 Tottenham

Club Brugge 1 - 1 Leverkusen

Tottenham 3 - 1 Club Brugge

Dinamo Bucuresti 2 - 1 Beşiktaş

Leverkusen 0 - 1 Tottenham

Club Brugge 1 - 1 Dinamo Bucuresti

Dinamo Bucuresti 2 - 1 Leverkusen

Beşiktaş 2 - 1 Club Brugge

Tottenham 14/12 Dinamo Bucuresti

Leverkusen 14/12 Beşiktaş

The most important match is between Besiktas and Leverkusen.

We have to win Leverkusen imn Germany..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panathinaikos 3 2 1 0 3 0 7

H. Tel-Aviv 3 1 1 1 6 6 4

Rapid Bucuresti 4 0 4 0 3 3 4

Mladá Boleslav 3 0 2 1 1 2 2

PSG 3 0 2 1 2 4 2

Panathinaikos 2 - 0 H. Tel-Aviv

Rapid Bucuresti 0 - 0 PSG

H. Tel-Aviv 2 - 2 Rapid Bucuresti

Mladá Boleslav 0 - 1 Panathinaikos

Rapid Bucuresti 1 - 1 Mladá Boleslav

PSG 2 - 4 H. Tel-Aviv

Mladá Boleslav 0 - 0 PSG

Panathinaikos 0 - 0 Rapid Bucuresti

PSG 13/12 Panathinaikos

H. Tel-Aviv 13/12 Mladá Boleslav

I hope PAO will win psg easily :gr:

and Tel aviv can win Boleslav easily,too.

1)PAO

2)Tel Aviv

3)Rapid Bucuresti :tup:

Archived