Phantis Forums

Pao - Kalamaria

NikosVazelas

Nikosvazelas,

thanks for the corrections. You are absolutely right. I watched the game again tonight and the atrocious mistake was made by Vintra. I got very agitated when I realized it was Vintra because he has at least two or three such plays every game. Goumas, I would not mind, because he misses such plays once every two years.

How in the world did he miss it? How can a coach work on tactics and formation when the last defender can't jump to head the ball when he is all alone in the middle of the field? It wasn't the first time either. I think history will remember such plays as "Vintra-plays".The good news is, Munoz has noticed and has replaced Vintra twice; once against AEK in the 71st minute, and once yesterday on the 65th minute. I agree with Athinaios and I get the feeling Nilsson will get some well deserved chances as a starter soon.

As for the second goal, nikosvazela you are absolutely right. Vintra delivered a throw in near the corner flag to Victor who made a great turn to gain some space from the two defenders who were guarding him. He softly touched the ball with his right foot and let it fall a meter to his right to a spot that a second later met it with his left foot to deliver a razor sharp cross that found Papadopoulos head. Very nice goal. Due credit to Victor and to Papadopoulos. Sorry for the eroneous info I posted earlier, and thanks again to Nikosvazelas for the corrections and his nice words.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now I feel like I owe you one :D

Here it is:

Victor has three assists in six games!

One assist yesterday against Kalamaria to Papadopoulos to make the game 2-1

One assist against Atromitos to Salpigidis to make it 3-0

(in the same game he had the shot on the post that fell into Mantzios scoring foot, but I did not count this as an assist)

One assist against Olympiakos to Kostoulas to make it 1-0 :tup:

Archived