• Rivaldo (Freekick) OLYMPIAKOS
    • Julio Cesar (Freekick) AEK
    • Lyberopoulos (4th goal) AEK
    • Tziolis (1st goal) PAO
    • Tziolis (2nd goal) PAO
    • Manso XANTHI
    • Drulic OFI
    • Fortuzi IRAKLIS

I was split between 3 goals, Tziolis' 2nd, Drulic's and Fortuzi's. Fortuzi's is probably the best individual goal, if Kaka did that we'd be raving about it, but Tziolis and Drulic displayed real technical class. I voted for Fortuzi but it was tough.

I liked both of Tziolis' goals. The second one was the best of the two since he won the ball in midfield, passed it to Papadopoulos, and then moved in position for a superb curling shot. The beauty of it was in the simplicity of execution. Where many strikers get confused, try to get closer, or shot as hard as they can, Tziolis aimed for the far corner and hit it with enough spin to curve the ball around the keeper.

Even so, I really liked Rivaldo's first goal. I don't remember all the players involved, but the play developed from left to right, and from right to left while Rivaldo moved from midfield straight to the spot where the ball was to be delivered. I was watching the game live, and half way through Ribo's run to position I remember thinking that this smells like a goal.

I voted for Rivaldo's header, even though Tziolis' goal was just as beautiful. I didn't see the other goals, so I was stuck with the ones I saw.

Archived