Phantis Forums

ATROMITOS - PAO

PAO_OR_DEATH

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a great result in a very difficult home [gavroi lost, AEK equalized at the very end; we lost there last year] of a decent team. I also see something very positive: we score and create chances after organized play!

Even though we didn't play great, I believe PAO is the upcoming team. We can win now and we have a new confidence.:box:

Btw, AEK and gavroi will be thrashed in euro play again while we've already have qualified for the next UEFA stage (I mean we only need a point) :tup:

I do hope Munoz stays with us no matter what happens this year. For the first time in many years, I really like our coach. Not only he knows his stuff but he gets the team to perfom. We were on the edge of the abyss just a few weeks ago. Wow!

I do hope Munoz stays with us no matter what happens this year. For the first time in many years, I really like our coach. Not only he knows his stuff but he gets the team to perfom. We were on the edge of the abyss just a few weeks ago. Wow!

I really like Munoz, he seems great! BUT, PAO fans are singing his praises now you're playing well and winning, what will happen if you finish 3rd again? Stand by him guys, he'll bring grat rewards in the future, but bad times are inevitable, just stand by him and be loyal when they come.

4-0 says a lot

For those who did not watch the game, PAO looked comfortable, and I don't remember another game in the past few years when the opponent had zero chances to make a goal, as was the case today.

Our defense was very well organized. The same players on defense that looked so bad a month ago, now they are unbeatable. The difference is that now they are never exposed by the midfielders. Each defender really plays like a sweeper behind the midfielders who consistently hold their line when opponents attack.

In the first half, we did have some problems moving the ball to our forwards, but as the game progressed we found our way to three more goals with quick passing and excellent runs by Tziolis and Victor.

Ebede did a great job sipping his frappe (just kidding). Atromitos came nowhere near challenging him.

Vintra had an excellent game. If he keeps playing like he has in the last few games it would be great.

Darlas showed why he lost his place as a starter. Very shaky in the back, with many mis-timed tackles that made him look venerable. Not much forward either (although I think I will comment on the Munoz thread about our fullbacks).

Romero run a lot, and never left Vintra exposed. He had some good moves forward, and some hurried plays that he could have finished better.

Tziolis was the MVP. He dominated in midfield and scored two fantastic goals. The first shot was with the left and the second with the right foot.

Bovio plugged every hole in midfield. He never let opposing midfielders go by him, and if they did ,he fouled them like he should. He also calmed the play with sure passes left and right.

Victor did not do much in the first half when he played on the left. After the 60th minute he did a great job passing the ball, and running towards the defense. He had one assist, and one shot to the post. He wanted to score baddly, and it looks like it's only a matter of time before he does.

Papadopoulos fought hard between midfield and offence. He did not score, although he could have, but he had one assist.

Salpigidis had another good night, with one goal, one assist, and he kept three defenders busy the entire game.

Some stats after the 14th game:

PAO has made 19 goals so far.

Only 4 of the 19 were scored in the first half

Only 6 of the of the 19 goals were scored before the 60th minute

With Munoz Pao has conseded only 2 goals (against AEK) in all three competitions.

Ebede has not collected the ball from his net for the sixth straight game (540 minutes)

This was the first time Tziolis scored 2 goals for PAO

Victor has played five games so far

Victor has delivered two assists and one shot to the post so far

Team leaders (in Super League only):

Goals: Salpigidis 7

Assists: Papadopoulos with 3 in 10 games

Minutes played: Salpigidis 988, Bovio 875, Papadopoulos 861

Next up: Kalamaria at home

sport.gr already posted the videos of the 4 goals: http://www.sport.gr/football/hellas07/0611...119/atrpao3.asp

i thought tziolis' 2nd goal was the better of the 2, it just swung by the keeper as if it was in slow motion. I was really suprised we scored 4 goals against a team that is usually no pushover, great result. BUT i saw on athlitiki kiriaki that atromitos had 2 disallowed goals so ebede must have done a bit of work, hes playing really well at the moment its good to see

i thought tziolis' 2nd goal was the better of the 2, it just swung by the keeper as if it was in slow motion. I was really suprised we scored 4 goals against a team that is usually no pushover, great result. BUT i saw on athlitiki kiriaki that atromitos had 2 disallowed goals so ebede must have done a bit of work, hes playing really well at the moment its good to  see

both goals were scored from offside positions and no, Ebede did nothing the whole game. He was actually overheard saying to a team- mate that he screwed-up and should have brought a book and deck-chair with him to kill time.

both goals were scored from offside positions and no, Ebede did nothing the whole game. He was actually overheard saying to a team- mate that he screwed-up and should have brought a book and deck-chair with him to kill time.

well that just shows the quality of our defense and midfield

The more they play the more i like to watch them.

Munoz has transformed the mentality of this team in just 6 weeks.

they play together. a team. a unit.

and defensively, i havent seen them this tough since they had henriksen back there.

and let me tell you this.. we dont have a henriksen back there.

But isnt it funny how good morris and goumas look in the back with the midfield helping out.

Is Bovio makin that much of a difference. Is it ball possesion? when was the last time u remember having a game with only ONE chance on net?

Even in their worst CL performances they had more chances then that.

Tziolis looks to be on his way to be the Next Basinas and maybe better.he needs time though. lets not over react. He scored two classic goals last game and one last year too if u remember against larisa. he has a rocket for sure. but i have seen him miss manny times too. but thats ok. thats what they do.

In the EPL there are many horrific misses but many beautiful goals. But thats only because they SHOOT ALOT.

Bovio looks real solid and Viktor is PURE class.

the only thing i dont liek is the salpi pap duo up front. they r the same type of player and with teams double teaming salpi, we need pap to pick it up and score a few goals. itll spread out the defence a bit more.

either way... kudos all around

later skaters

Archived