Phantis Forums

PAO-OLYMPIAKOS

Crazy

ALSO, ALTHOUGH WE CRITICIZE OTTO FOR NOT CALLING STOLTIDIS, DO YOU SEE THAT HE IS NOT BETTER THAN THE CURRENT MIDFIELD PLAYERS WHO PLAY FOR OUR NATIONAL TEAM? HE IS NOT UP TO THE STANDARDS, AND IT SEEMS THAT OTTO IS ACTUALLY RIGHT IN HIS SQUAD SELECTION, BESIDES, THE RESULTS PROVE THAT.

don't critisise stoltidis for his work in the midfield. he does what he can and it isn't his job to create our game. he is there to stop the opponents attacks and he does that.

apart from that i think sollieds tactics weren't good enough today. but what should he do? ribo and tzole aren't what they used to be. that have passed their prime. djoles goodbye gala was at the world cup. it is hard to say things against our best player of the past decade but he is over. the same goes for ribo.

we also didn't play a lot over castillo who surely could have caused some danger, but we always were looking for djole. tha tactics with the long crosses, sometimes even out of the defence, to find konstantinou might work with weaker teams but not with pao (congratulations btw, pao seems to make a lot of progress lately). the teams played a completely different style of football today. pao was relying on their fast strikers, while we were hoping for a pass that would find konstantinou uncovered.

sollied surely made a lot of mistakes lately, but it isn't only his fault that our management missed it to renew the team on time. we have to face it. it might have worked the passed two seasons to win the championship easily with our gerokomio, but their time is over now. we desperately need some fresh blood in our team and create something new. if it would be possible in greece, especially at osfp, to give youngsters some chances in matches and evolve, i think things would look different now.

kouloucheris, mendrinos, taralidis, dermitzogli, lisgaras, vallas, pappas, giannou, and many more sit/sat on the bench or didn't get any chances to get some experience. that is imo the main reason that our team hasn't made any progress lately.

anyway, we might have had the ball possession in the first half, but apart from okkas chance late in the second half we didn't do anything. pao was slightly better during most of the second half and did more for the match, so for me the result is ok...

congrats to pao... at least the superleague ( :LOL: ) has gotten some suspence again. B)

don't critisise stoltidis for his work in the midfield. he does what he can and it isn't his job to create our game. he is there to stop the opponents attacks and he does that.

No he doesn't! When does Stoltidi ever get challenges in which break up the opponents play? NEVER! He was never particularly good at winning challenges but he was forceful and driving which helped create play for us, unfortunately now that has gone! Rivaldo has lost too much pace now, his time has come and Djole is still suffering from playing too much at the world cup. If Djole is giving 4 weeks to recuperate he'd be back, he's still class. Players like Okkas and Babangida need to feature alot more! Okkas makes things happen, similar to Salpi, and he should play ALOT more Bajevic loved him and so do I. Babangida has pace and is tricky he could have been a headache for PAO today.

As for players like Taralidis & Pappas, I don't understand why they don't feature more??? What is the logic of not playing them at all? Its time to start giving these guys a try. Personally I think the team needs shaking up to freshen things up. In the next game why not go for:

--------------------------------------Nikopolidis--------------------------------------------

Zewlakow----------------Anatolakis-------------------Cesar------------------------Domi

-----------------------Maric-----------Taralidis-------------Stoltidis-----------------------

Okkas--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Castillo

---------------------------------------Konstantinou-----------------------------------------

Okkas makes things happen, similar to Salpi, and he should play ALOT more Bajevic loved him and so do I.

Bajevic loved Okkas because of his money as we all know very well. He continuously started him even though he couldnt score a goal with an open net and no one else on the pitch.

Okka deserves to sit on the bench and come in as a 60 min sub...nothing more.

Bajevic loved Okkas because of his money as we all know very well. He continuously started him even though he couldnt score a goal with an open net and no one else on the pitch.

The only thing he deserves is to get a job in Hollywood....

he would make a good Stunt DIVER.... :LOL:

No he doesn't! When does Stoltidi ever get challenges in which break up the opponents play? NEVER! He was never particularly good at winning challenges but he was forceful and driving which helped create play for us, unfortunately now that has gone! Rivaldo has lost too much pace now, his time has come and Djole is still suffering from playing too much at the world cup. If Djole is giving 4 weeks to recuperate he'd be back, he's still class. Players like Okkas and Babangida need to feature alot more! Okkas makes things happen, similar to Salpi, and he should play ALOT more Bajevic loved him and so do I. Babangida has pace and is tricky he could have been a headache for PAO today.

if stoltidi would have a decent partner he could rely on, he would perform way better. we saw that last season with toure. iero could trust in toure stopping opponents attacks. and that is something sollieds system is based on. if we would have gotten a worthy replacement for toure things would look different. but our management didn't do anything and kept all the money they got by selling toure (kind of funny how times change and that now we are complaining about our management... :LOL: ).

any coach couldn't risk it to let players like djole or ribo sit on the bench. they are still able to change the outcome of a match with a solo action. but as time passes this doesn't happen that often as in the past. pao had our offence under control. konstantinou, ribo, djole and castillo weren't able to do anything.

we need more speed up front and we could get that if ribo and djole weren't in. ethnikistis, you might be right about djole recovering, but if that is the fact, we should rest him and play okkas instead as you said. okkas is one of our fastest players and he is able to take over the right side. what i wonder is about ne. if he really has the skills sollied is talking about, we should start him over ribo soon. and i wouldn't mind starting taralidis over maric. yesterday he sucked big time.

something else we have to think about is also the look of our team next season. djole, ribo, stoltidis, defensive midfield plus cb (if ouaddou doesn't stay) have to be replaced with some starting players.

i would like to see our team play like this once:

--------------------------------------Nikopolidis--------------------------------------------

Zewlakow----------------Ouaddou-------------------Cesar------------------------Domi

------------------------------Taralidis (Stoltidis)--Patsatzoglou-------------------------

--------------------------------------------Ne------------------------------------------------

Okkas (Pappas)--------------------------------------------------------------------Castillo

---------------------------------------Konstantinou (Borja)---------------------------------

Olympiakos and especially the experienced players looked pretty unispired, which is really unusual for a match against PAO. What the players think of the coach and vice versa must have have something to do with it.

We should really try to focus on our chances of doing something in the UEFA cup, I still think that loosing the championship in Greece is very difficult.

It will be necessary to built a new team for next year, and this should start as soon as we are out of european competitions.

In this game we may have lost and congrats to them for the win but they did not play better than Osfp,just luckier.Dont take me wrong,the same way we beat Aek.Osfp had the possesion of the ball but could not create any chances while Pao played counterattacks.The ref did not made any big mistakes or to be honest 1 for each team (Pao-penalti,Osfp-offside)so it he did not really affected the end result.They are 2 points that i did not like a)Sollied waited to long to fresh up the team(Castillio was not in form and Djole could not help and Maric just wasnt there)b)The team after the goal did not have any energy or passion to turn the game around.You can not win all the time but we are still in 1st place with many games to go.Plus the next meeting will be in our turf so i know we will have fun there.Today there was an announcement from Thyra 7 about the blame of everyone(coach-players-president) that i am not in any mood of wasting my breath with kollimenous anegefalous.They are the ones that did not want Bajevic and now the bitch because they are the only ones who care.....oust re zoa...

Sollied is screwed. He cant mix up his team at all or all the egos will start to freak out and the team will fall apart. Then the fans get into it and take sides and then the owner, etc. It makes a state of chaos in the team, which is great for other teams, but for Greek football in general it is not good.

If Sollied leaves Rivaldo out of the game or benches him during the derby, everyone kills Sollied. Tzioli the same. Neither of them did much positive in that game. And I am saying this as an AEK fan. I dont have any preconceived notions about either team.

Castillio is a great player, but in my opinion is limited due to those two players. e should be the go to player there.

Sollied is in a tough situation. He can bench the fan favorites and try to form a team that will play like a team (and win). That option may take a few games to work but in Greece he will not have the support or patience from anyone. But this will lead to the fans trashing him, his property, etc - never mind those players trashing him verbally. Look what happened when Bajevic removed Rivaldo from the game as a sub! in the end, the fans spoke (twice) and they chased away the best coach you ever had.

Or he could (which he is doing), stay with the older guys and hope that they can get some better form and fitness and hope they begin to understand their own limitations (which they wont). This will salvage his job longer at OLY, but unfortunately for the team it is the wrong thing to do. This additionally does not build up Oly for the future and esp in europe.

Oly has some excellent younger players that will never see the light of day until it is too late.

Just think about it. It is time for Oly to make some changing of the guard.... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

He's not a goal scorer but he offers alot, hence being Pepsi player of the year the year before Sollied arrived... and what did Sollied do??? Drop him immediately! Okkas is a quality player.

if stoltidi would have a decent partner he could rely on, he would perform way better. we saw that last season with toure. iero could trust in toure stopping opponents attacks. and that is something sollieds system is based on. if we would have gotten a worthy replacement for toure things would look different. but our management didn't do anything and kept all the money they got by selling toure (kind of funny how times change and that now we are complaining about our management... :LOL: ).

any coach couldn't risk it to let players like djole or ribo sit on the bench. they are still able to change the outcome of a match with a solo action. but as time passes this doesn't happen that often as in the past. pao had our offence under control. konstantinou, ribo, djole and castillo weren't able to do anything.

we need more speed up front and we could get that if ribo and djole weren't in. ethnikistis, you might be right about djole recovering, but if that is the fact, we should rest him and play okkas instead as you said. okkas is one of our fastest players and he is able to take over the right side. what i wonder is about ne. if he really has the skills sollied is talking about, we should start him over ribo soon. and i wouldn't mind starting taralidis over maric. yesterday he sucked big time.

something else we have to think about is also the look of our team next season. djole, ribo, stoltidis, defensive midfield plus cb (if ouaddou doesn't stay) have to be replaced with some starting players.

i would like to see our team play like this once:

Zewlakow----------------Ouaddou-------------------Cesar------------------------Domi

------------------------------Taralidis (Stoltidis)--Patsatzoglou-------------------------

--------------------------------------------Ne------------------------------------------------

Okkas (Pappas)--------------------------------------------------------------------Castillo

---------------------------------------Konstantinou (Borja)---------------------------------

Hi file,

I would agree 100% with Patsa being in centre-midfield, the only reason I didnt have him in mine is because he's injured but when he recovers he'd def be in my team. As for Ne I haven't seen enough of him since he's arrived to know whether he's good enough, but from what I have seen I'm not impressed. One things for sure we need a shake up. I still have lend my support to Sollied, as you say we lack a solid defensive centre-midfielder so he hasn't got the right balance in the team so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. BUT he has to win the league and make the UEFA Cup, as well as launching a serious attack on that competition otherwise I think we should consider letting him go. But for now, let's get behind the team!

all these PAO fans are always bitching and criticizing Thrillos and they think they are the best no offense

first of all if this was a Greek Basket forum i would understand because they are the best.

This is soccer where Olympiakos have won the Greek A Division most of the time for the past 10 years

so you got your win big deal we play in karaiskaki next

all these PAO fans are always bitching and criticizing Thrillos and they think they are the best no offense

first of all if this was a Greek Basket forum i would understand because they are the best.

This is soccer where Olympiakos have won the Greek A Division most of the time for the past 10 years

so you got your win big deal we play in karaiskaki next

your championships are easily critrisized by the way you back'em up in the CL. you had one good run in the past 10 yrs :blink: & the other 9 were a disgrace & laughable :LOL:

play like this & you will lose in kareskase next time

& in basket we've backed it up :nw:

your championships are easily critrisized by the way you back'em up in the CL.

Aren t you tired of saying the same thing over and over?Greek cham-Cl the same comparison?If you have doubts about our champioships buy the DVD and then call me.Easily critisized by who?You and the rest of the greens?Who gives a dime?You guys won one game,good for you but you are still behind and we will meet in karaiskaki when it will matter more so enjoy your win because we dont give presents twice in one year in Greece!!!!!!

astous vazelous man

they rip us how we win titles in greece,

I dont see them winning any different way such as 2004 and heres the proof

3 free penalies... free offside goals... 3-0 comnebacks vs a team they own

they will build on this and go to C.L next year and get smashed.

U want some more proof:

when aek was denied a penalty and allowed PAO to stay 2nd and go to the C.l what happened ? they copped 2 5ares. and were like Y did that happen,, we did so well in the greek league

I guess the ref in the aek game wasnt reffing in europe for them

then they wonder wwhat happenned last year

pali mia ap'ta idia arxisame. <_<

it is always the same. and hollywood, if you accuse someone of the reds, consider some of your green fellows too. mtl is a lot of times saying the same stuff over and over again, but others doo the same. :whistle:

so, i'm tired of this. :nono:

TOPIC CLOSED :ph34r: B)

Archived