Phantis Forums

Roma - Olympiakos

dark_horse

What can I say guys? Olympiakos didn't play great in the second half, the only shot on goal from Roma ended up in the back of the net. :( It's a good thing that we need fewer Greek clubs to qualify for Europe, this could send them a message. Greek clubs are not competitive enough to play againgst clubs from other parts of Europe. Hell, Romanian, Bulgarian, & Russian play BETTER football than the Greeks! :o

If there's one thing let to do, get rid of Orfanos, NOW!!!! :angry:

We need to revamp the whole Greek Superleague!!! :angry:

Revamp of Superleague and the ouster of Orfano is not the solution.

Teams make pathetic moves, get players on loan who dont care about the team they play for or pick up hasbeens. Where the hell is the core greek players on a team.

Greek teams are more concerned about public perception, fans, and making money. Build up a youth squad, incorporate them into the team and make them want to play for the shirt they wear not the paycheck they get.

Lets be real we cant compete financially against big powerhouse teams in Europe. Our only hope is for passion and hardwork. Only then will our teams ever do anything.

The Greek league is a joke. Two and a half week break, what the F***. Bullshit referring. Inadequate training grounds. The media. All this s%$#! plays a role in bringing the quality of play down.

Any second division team in spain, italy, or england could beat our "top flight" teams. And i think its pathetic. We get our hopes up every year that this year will be different, that the teams have a new look and the results are always the same.

Sorry to vent but im ###### tired of watching our teams get destroyed.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Giorgos Orfanos is a upourgos athlitismou that cares nothing about Greek soccer. He is selfish and olny wants to make him self popular. He doesnt give a s%$#! about Soccer hes just "the boss" that accepts teams like Pao (recently for example) plans for building a new stadium. The whole incident in July was his fault and i cant believe it had to come to UEFA banning us from soccer to realize what he has caused. We need a new upourgo now!

It's over for me. I am so disappointed that I feel I have completely lost my interest in Olympiakos for this year. Besides, the only thing we *might* achieve is the 3rd place. Most probably, we will end up with 2 points.

What #$$%$^ team is that! Roma appeared as a mediocre italian team with a strong presence on the middle and nothing more. They came for a draw and got a win. Bajevic would easily destroy them. Instead of it, another shameful defeat.

So finally, I am pi...sed off by Sollied. I was one of his strongest supporters but the fact is that he is not enough for european success. For the Greek league is more than adequate, given the bad state of our competitors. But in Europe he can't set up a proper tactic, he thinks he plays with Aigaleo. I 'm not saying that he is our only deficiency of course but the truth is that with him we can't advance in Europe. Period.

I'm more in schock than anything...

We definitely deserved the draw in this match and even a possible win.

My question is what the hell was the ref calling on that goal that was disalloewd??

Does anyone know?

Nothing wrong we're going to fight for the 3rd spot and go from there

It was a clear foul on the keeper by

Sollied is an idiot who is totally lost out there. Kafes had no clue as to what was going on and he was only taken out in the middle of the 2nd half????? where was Patsa?

Stoldidis was losing too many balls and Ribo has no step left in him.

Sad affair espcially for some of the older fighters who deserve better. The fans also deserve better but as long as they show up and the money keeps poring in, Kokkalis will not invest more.

Sad day for Greek's best hope in the CL.

JENNA JAMERSON 0 - ROMA 1

for my comments, refer to signature ..... B)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

gia su re trifilara me ta orea su....

gavri take bajevic

psolied inside

bajevic outside.....

what u say?

lets see what doctor shum has in mind tonite....

I was listening to the radio and the Greek commentator was alive and screaming with enthusiasm over Olympiakos's efforts in attack, alarmingly alike the game versus Valencia. One goal killed by the ref, one on the bar, one over and the Romans names couldn't be heard, it was all Anatolakis, Cesar and Castillo. Well, come second half all of that washed away. The game was stabilized and one shot on goal proved to be what counted. There I was, heartbroken, with De Rossi, Rosi and Totti running around a worthless pitch surrounded by screamy violent fans in black painted Athens, they were cheering as if everything was alright. Greeks have been turned into nothing, in the press you can read about how the Italians got out of the burning cauldron of what is Greek soccer hell, the world moves on but we stand still and frankly I don't have the stomach for it. I am sick and tired of being ridiculed and the shame I feel when the only thing that reaches those who will read about this defeat on uefa.com or wherever is that the Greeks were noisy and the pitch was s%$#! and that the Italians managed what the Italians do best, s%$#! wins. However, a s%$#! win is always better than a s%$#! loss, and we've had a truck load of those lately.

I can agree with Dipapa to some point

Firstly i was shocke

Than i was so frustrated and ahed some tears; was very sad

Than i just thought of the wonderful pass that Ribo gave to Konstantinou, milimetricaly to his head, and our best strikers can't head it in, o brother

What else does he want? Does hoe get better passes than this one in his NT? i doubt it but he scores there

His first goal was disallowed because Anatolakis could not stop his crazy amok towards the goal until he was in the net .. Rivaldo wasthere somewhere too, but lot of referrees will have allowed it

Not in Greece , especially but in italy and Spain too

OK. this offside , according to this old fashion referree , maybe existed

but after the miss of Mihalis from th ateral free kick of Rivo and the gplden pass was the thing that beat me down to the darkness of depression

It heart me more than the defeat to Valencia

And more so because it was the first match we did not score

Some late charges of the Roma defenders on Casstillo and others will have gotten red card in Brazil

I coulld not help thinkung about some of the players.. If i am so sad and disappointed, what do they feel?

I must admit that after the goal of Roma i turned off the TV and went out, with some tears of frustration, I was even afraid that the team will desintergrate completely and suffer some more goals, but it did not happen, the only chance of ROme , who played ugly bunker in the seconnd half of the first half, got in... Allthe hopes and ilissions disappears like a soap bubble

But , unlike Dipapa , i would continue to support the team until the end

There is still UEFA Cup to work for

Is there any injuries??

I hope Castillo will not be sold on January

all greek teams in the uefa where unlucky!

iraklis was leading until the 94th minute and went out mainly because kofidis was afraid in the 2nd half and pulled his team back! and iraklis along with xanthi where tottaly out of form when the games where played! in xanthis case they where infront with 1-0 and was nearing a 2nd goal but rapid scored 3 goals on 3 half chances! tlaking about luck!!!

then again atromitos(wich should never have played in the uefa) was facing a mountain infront of them! the hardest draw available!

aek won 2 games a should have won another(at home to anderlecht) but was too much afraid in the 1st half

so it really comes down to youre team not getting anything at all(in terms of points)

some years ago dinamo kiev and lokomotiv moscow where the only ones to get points to ukraine and russia! all other teams from theese countries whent out in their first games nearly!!!!

it is all about having own talent amongst youre stars and u dont have that anymore!

u choose to bring whoever is rumoured to go to arsenal or whatever other bigger club!

marco ne? :LOL: :LOL:

and the funniest zewlakow :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

he was not even good enough for anderlecht :LOL: :LOL: and where signed at an age of 31?

what about patza is he not better than zewlakow?

Ok keep telling yourself that its just Olympiakos! On the PAO forums you all complain that PAO players don't even have the correct level of fitness let alone anything else. You scraped through against Metalurg Donetsk ffs... would that have happened 5 years ago? Metalurg would have been raped!

As for AEKs two wins... what wins??? Are you talking about qualifying?? In terms of group stage proper AEK have been drawn in the weakest group of the CL and they have 1 point after 2 games!!

Iraklis won away then capitulated at home against a mediocre side, Larissa just died against a s%$#! Turkish team, and Atromitos fought hard but didnt have a prayer! And PAOK aren't even allowed in Europe and are corroding from within.

The whole Greek league is a bourdelo so stop deluding yourself! Olympiakos are EASILY the best team in the league and look at the state of the side in the CL.

And whats more worrying is the future of Olympiakos. We had some wonderful midfielders here over the last 10 years and that m****pano Kokkali never soughted out the defence, now that the midfield is aging where are we going to find replacements? Djole for example is a gem, where can we find a young Djole for less than

all greek teams in the uefa where unlucky!

iraklis was leading until the 94th minute and went out mainly because kofidis was afraid in the 2nd half and pulled his team back! and iraklis along with xanthi where tottaly out of form when the games where played! in xanthis case they where infront with 1-0 and was nearing a 2nd goal but rapid scored 3 goals on 3 half chances! tlaking about luck!!!

then again atromitos(wich should never have played in the uefa) was facing a mountain infront of them! the hardest draw available!

aek won 2 games a should have won another(at home to anderlecht) but was too much afraid in the 1st half

so it really comes down to youre team not getting anything at all(in terms of points)

some years ago dinamo kiev and lokomotiv moscow where the only ones to get points to ukraine and russia! all other teams from theese countries whent out in their first games nearly!!!!

it is all about having own talent amongst youre stars and u dont have that anymore!

u choose to bring whoever is rumoured to go to arsenal or whatever other bigger club!

marco ne? :LOL:  :LOL: 

and the funniest zewlakow :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:

he was not even good enough for anderlecht :LOL:  :LOL:  and where signed at an age of 31?

what about patza is he not better than zewlakow?

Ok keep telling yourself that its just Olympiakos! On the PAO forums you all complain that PAO players don't even have the correct level of fitness let alone anything else. You scraped through against Metalurg Donetsk ffs... would that have happened 5 years ago? Metalurg would have been raped!

As for AEKs two wins... what wins??? Are you talking about qualifying?? In terms of group stage proper AEK have been drawn in the weakest group of the CL and they have 1 point after 2 games!!

Iraklis won away then capitulated at home against a mediocre side, Larissa just died against a s%$#! Turkish team, and Atromitos fought hard but didnt have a prayer! And PAOK aren't even allowed in Europe and are corroding from within.

The whole Greek league is a bourdelo so stop deluding yourself! Olympiakos are EASILY the best team in the league and look at the state of the side in the CL.

And whats more worrying is the future of Olympiakos. We had some wonderful midfielders here over the last 10 years and that m****pano Kokkali never soughted out the defence, now that the midfield is aging where are we going to find replacements? Djole for example is a gem, where can we find a young Djole for less than

Luz,

I won't watch the next match against Roma but I promise that a draw would somewhat renew (to a small percent) my faith in this year's Olympiakos ! But I 'm not expecting any positive result in Rome and Valencia. We don't see a gradual progress in team's play (while that did happened in the previous year) and I don't want to live with illusions.

Niko, don't rush to make any optimistic predictions for PAO. In the (rather distant) past, your team had a series of good away performances because they were based on very solid defensive tactics, good physical condition and proper morale. None of the first two exist in this year's Panathinaikos and Munoz probably won't be able to bring such radical results in the next few months.

again gavrakia, worry about your team not PAO...

here your team is winning at least and here you are in the OSFP section all the time, instead of yours

and he tells us worry about opur team.!?????????????????

Please ignore the troll or you will trigger him to spit one more racist comment.

Green trolls like slick13, bar7, trifilara, pittman and others are not able to communicate in a sensible manner. All villages have their own idiots and that is amusing sometimes (esp. when they talk between themselves because everyone else ignores them) but most of the times their behaviour is very repetitive, predictable and boring.

re montreal, u of all people know that we pick on the losers all the time. it happens every year (except 2004) with u guys in the protathlima. and although i dont agree with us green fans deleting poss, its sad to see that there is not the public opinion allowed. too bad bro, it can make for some interesting convo.

by the way, check out the new topic i put up in the pao section, about greek teams and coefficients in europe, i actually researched it.. hahaha.. jp losman sucks

re montreal, u of all people know that we pick on the losers all the time. it happens every year (except 2004) with u guys in the protathlima. and although i dont agree with us green fans deleting poss, its sad to see that there is not the public opinion allowed. too bad bro, it can make for some interesting convo.

by the way, check out the new topic i put up in the pao section, about greek teams and coefficients in europe, i actually researched it.. hahaha.. jp losman sucks

I always welcomed trolls opinions.... and even though we disagreed I still welcome them

When I would post stuff in the PAO section people would cry to the mods especially about the OFI-PAO thing. that we all know exists..the mods got mad and deleted posts

so from now on.... I will do the same if I find cetrian trolls posts to be annoying

i will delete them

look at bar 7 he send me a message calling me a F***en troller king and hes doing the exact same thing here..

Archived