Phantis Forums

Metalurh - Panathinaikos

Ziaka

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heck, I don't remember our National Team outplaying anyone in Portugal  :tup:

Well then you need to watch the games again re file. :D We outplayed Portugal in the opening game and we were better than them in the final too. We were better than France and we were even better than Russia after the first 20 mins. Greece were solid at the back and kept the ball well. And when Greece did attack the team went forward in numbers and played some excellent passing and link-up systems. So you really can't compare Greece at Euro 2004 to the way PAO are playing now. Well done though, I'm delighted PAO got the win, however, with the size of the club PAO should be contending winning the UEFA Cup and at the moment this isn't good enough.

P.S. You're right about Edebe's save it was stunning!

Hope PAO will play in Italy next matches!!!!

C'mon PAO!

i agree....cuz if they do I will be there supporting PAO fantatically

PAO GERA G**** TA MOYNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a feeling you'd be responding to that! Bravo re paihti!! :nw: :gr:

Ethnikisti,

you are right. The national team in Portugal played like he Panathinaikos of the best years in Europe. Very organized, composed, and opportunistic. My comparison was unfortunate. I guess I was very happy we will continue in Europe, and as much as I would like my team to dominate every opponent, I am delighted to take the wins (especially in Europe).

I know better than to take wins in Europe for granted. How many remember that last year we outplayed Udineze in both games?

This team is in very bad shape psychologically and physically, even though it is loaded with talent. We need a few big wins like this to gain momentum, and hopefully a good coach to put some order in the house.

Well, this game reconfirmed that we're not ready to face an experienced euro team. With performances like tonight's we can't honestly hope not to be beaten badly. Yet, we won, Greece got a few points too. That's good.

I have to admit an error in my judgment: In the past Endebe scared me with his lack of confidence and mistakes. Maybe it was a confidence thing. So, I didn't think he was good enough to play for PAO. Tonight, I'm happy to see him prove me wrong!

I do hope he continues to improve and we get another great keeper. Thankfully PAO has kept a tradition of great goalkeepers. But, if your defense isn't up to par, no one can help you.

Does anyone know when is the next group game for us?

PS>Drako, relax man, not everything is about ..sex! I'm no prude, but I don't think beating another team has anything to do with female genitalia :LOL:

Besides, we do have a couple women here in this forum.....

FILOI VAZELES

O PAO XRIAZETE PROPONITI EPIGONTOS. NTROPIAZOUME TIN ISTORIA MAS KAI ENTOS KAI EKTOS ELLADAS. AN PERIMENOUME APO TON EDEBE NA MAS DOSEI TIN PROKRISI ME TIN METALURG TOTE AS ALAXOUME OMADA. O TELEFTEOS KALOS PROPONITIS HTAN O OSIM TO 95. PERASE MIA DEKAETIA KAI APO TOTE. EUXOME AN ERTHEI O DOUSAN NA KATHISI TOUS EKATOMIRIUXOUS STO PAGKO KAI NA BALEI PAIDIA ME DIPSA OPOS LEONTIOU, THEOTHORIDI, MANTZIO. KAI ROTAO TO ALLO; EPREPE NA TRAUMATISTEI O MARIO GIA NA ANAKALYPSOUN TON TERMATOFYLAKA TOU CAMEROON . KOIMOUNTE OLOI STIN DIOIKISI. EIPAME THELOUME PROPONITI ME TOLMI. AN DIAFONEI KANEIS AS APANTISEI.

After a dissapointing UEFA Cup night, the only bright thing is that PAO can play in the group phase.

I'm gutted about Iraklis. They aren't doing too well domestically but I honestly thought they could hold on to go through.

Oi Ksanthi eine gia B' ethniki. End of story. Great feeder club for the bigger Athenian clubs, but they have taken a turn for the worse and they're European days afer over for a while.

Atromitos did really well against a top Sevilla team at home, but tonight they got what everyone was expecting.

The truth is that no one fears coming to Yunanistan anymore. Gone are the days when toffee speaking Pommy geezers would turn a whiter shade of off white when they realised what they were up against when they played in Greece.

These days the fans have become almost apathetic with all the suggestions of corruption and the mismanagement of Greek football.

Our teams are stocked with foreign mercenaries who couldn't care less about the shirt they wear. It's not like Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal where they consistently fill their sides with non-English players, but these teams remain ultra competitive.

This is pretty much a general comment on the state of all Greek clubs in Europe. I'm not sure what they're doing in Romania or Bulgaria but their teams are performing better than ours.

Yes Levksi has copped 8 in 2 matches, but what's the difference with them and PAO of last year?

Man...I remember the days of just 5 years ago when Yunani clubs were just slightly off being decent in competitions and we imported our strippers and whores from Rumania and Bulgaria, these days things have been flipped around and our clubs are rubbish. What next? Our women will be herded to Bulgaria and Bucharest to work the tables and be on their backs?

Really dissapointing....what can I say? Not much...everyone is looking to me for the answers, but I haven't got anymore than Petro Kokkali or Tzigger.

anyway....bla bla bla Zhtw ELLAS :gr:

Ethnikisti,

you are right. The national team in Portugal played like he Panathinaikos of the best years in Europe. Very organized, composed, and opportunistic. My comparison was unfortunate. I guess I was very happy we will continue in Europe, and as much as I would like my team to dominate every opponent, I am delighted to take the wins (especially in Europe).

I know better than to take wins in Europe for granted. How many remember that last year we outplayed Udineze in both games?

This team is in very bad shape psychologically and physically, even though it is loaded with talent. We need a few big wins like this to gain momentum, and hopefully a good coach to put some order in the house.

Excellent post. With the individuals PAO have if the team clicks under a new coaches style of play there's no reason PAO can't win Greece's first European club competition! Salpi, Papa, Romero, Ivanshitczh, can be a very dangerous quartet. Papa and Salpi work hard and the other two provide the touch of class. They haven't clicked as a unit yet but if they were to they'd cause anyone problems!! Ela re PAO, qualify from the group stage too and make a serious assault on this trophy!

PS>Drako, relax man, not everything is about ..sex! I'm no prude, but I don't think beating another team has anything to do with female genitalia :LOL:

Besides, we do have a couple women here in this forum.....

:blink: Dude have you heard some of those female Greek fans??? They're worse than us!!!

We were lucky to score so early in the game and we were lucky to face such an incompetent team!" Kai as einai kala o petrakis pou ekane tin apokrousi tis xronias sto prwto hmixrono!"

After 30 mins of play "den mporousan na paroun ta podia tous"!

DEFENCE and PRAY was the ONLY thing they could do...not just one single counter-attack!psofisan!

Ti s###ta kanoun stin proponisi??posa paketa kapnizoun??????????

After a dissapointing UEFA Cup night, the only bright thing is that PAO can play in the group phase.

I'm gutted about Iraklis. They aren't doing too well domestically but I honestly thought they could hold on to go through.

Oi Ksanthi eine gia B' ethniki. End of story. Great feeder club for the bigger Athenian clubs, but they have taken a turn for the worse and they're European days afer over for a while.

Atromitos did really well against a top Sevilla team at home, but tonight they got what everyone was expecting.

The truth is that no one fears coming to Yunanistan anymore. Gone are the days when toffee speaking Pommy geezers would turn a whiter shade of off white when they realised what they were up against when they played in Greece.

These days the fans have become almost apathetic with all the suggestions of corruption and the mismanagement of Greek football.

Our teams are stocked with foreign mercenaries who couldn't care less about the shirt they wear. It's not like Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal where they consistently fill their sides with non-English players, but these teams remain ultra competitive.

This is pretty much a general comment on the state of all Greek clubs in Europe. I'm not sure what they're doing in Romania or Bulgaria but their teams are performing better than ours.

Yes Levksi has copped 8 in 2 matches, but what's the difference with them and PAO of last year?

Man...I remember the days of just 5 years ago when Yunani clubs were just slightly off being decent in competitions and we imported our strippers and whores from Rumania and Bulgaria, these days things have been flipped around and our clubs are rubbish. What next? Our women will be herded to Bulgaria and Bucharest to work the tables and be on their backs?

Really dissapointing....what can I say? Not much...everyone is looking to me for the answers, but I haven't got anymore than Petro Kokkali or Tzigger.

anyway....bla bla bla Zhtw ELLAS :gr:

they havent sold/given 1 player since marinos ouzonidis to pao!

and that is very long ago 12-14 years

This win is very good for Pao and Greece. But we all know that it can't hide the huge problems in the team : capable players but indifferent and disorganized (read "mpoulouki").

Hopefully, a new (competent) coach will rectify those problems for the sake of Greek football, although I am an Osfp fan and I enjoy Pao fans eating their arrogance for "poreies" and "european respect".

The state of Greek football is SAD.

None of our teams played.

PAO was just the luckiest to have Ebede and Metalurg. :whistle:

Iraklis deserved to lose, even though it was the result of bad luck.

PAO played for 30 mins and then ...

This PAO team has terrible physical conditioning, :tdown:

for which Bakke and his trainer are directly responsible.

Nice goal by PAPA. Ivan, and Pierre the only upside.

Salpigidis was helping Vyntra on defence :o

PEACE

The state of Greek football is SAD.

None of our teams played.

PAO was just the luckiest to have Ebede and Metalurg.  :whistle:

Iraklis deserved to lose, even though it was the result of bad luck.

PAO played for 30 mins and then ...

This PAO team has terrible physical conditioning,  :tdown:

for which Bakke and his trainer are directly responsible.

Nice goal by PAPA. Ivan, and Pierre the only upside.

Salpigidis was helping Vyntra on defence  :o

PEACE

You know, I understand why many of our greek teams have problems given the overall reality, but why PAO has FUNDAMENTAL problems? We have a budget (second only to Oly?) have lots of fans, decent income and can hire many professionals to make this club organized. And, yet we can't!!!!!

Conditioning, you ask? Leave talent out for a moment, but being fit should be almost a given. What the hell???? If we can't do that then what kind of a club do we have?

I've seen teams that don't have talent, but they have 10 devils running around, pressing, hassling, tiring their opponents. I know from experience that even if "you've got game", when you're tired you can't even push the ball into a wide-open net!

All greek teams should start from something they CAN control: conditioning. You can't control or invent talent but it's no accident the foreign teams outrun ours. And, often we receive several goals in the last 15 minutes of game!

I 'll repeat myself in that Pao doesn't simply lacks physical conditions (we all agree that this is a deficiency too common amongst Greek teams). It's the indifference that haunts them, especially during this season. Even when a team lacks ability to run all over the place for 90 minutes, a few personal initiatives would give an easy win against opponents like Metallourg.

Archived