Phantis Forums

SL-R6 (2006-07): PAOK - Ap. Kalamaria

Ziaka

On Sunday we play a game aganst our local neighbors Apollon Kalamaria. PAOK played fairly well against Panathinaikos, and I see the team coming to this game and getting the win. This is the last game before the NT/elections break. Win is a must in this game, considering we will be playying a tough game against Aris in Round 7. Kalamaria in my opinion is not as good as they were last season. We should win this one quite easily.

The game will be televised on Supersport in Greece, and Antenna satellite/Pacific in USA, Canada and Australia.

Time to put last weeks game, that included the unfair ejection of our coach, a questionable penalti called against us, and Salpigidi steping up and stabbing and tearing our hearts out of our chests, behind us. A win and a win only will do in this game.

PS. To: Super League Hellas - Please try to assign a referee who doesn't have his head up his rear end, and let our coach do what he's supposed to.

Kyros Vassaras, the best Greek ref will call this game.

The only player not available for this game is Rebosio, who still injured. It appears that Dumi will field the same team as he did in the game with Panathinaikos. One possible change might be Tsiggas starting. He would have to take either Charalambidis's or Mieciel's place.

team looks like crap. Doumi has said that he will consider leaving the team. Time to bring back Anastasiadis !!!

If PAOK lose to Aris in two weeks then I think Dumi will leave. Everyone wants Anastasiadis back, all my friends have said it, even my dad has said it.

We really should have won today. How can we not get 3 points against Kalamaria???

Good to see Balafas get on the scoresheet, this may boost his confidence.

BTW slightly off topic, whats all this thing about the Aris fan??

The team played very badly yesterday. In the 2nd half they were useless. On top of that Kalamaria score while they played with 10 men.

Dumitrescu made some major mistakes in this game with his substitutions. After getting the goal at the end of 1st half, all we had to do is score one more and coast to victory. However it was Kalamaria that was playing attacking football. it was only a matte rof time before they scored. They could have done sooner, but Fernandes was outstanding.

After the game Dumitrescu has announced that he considering resigning as a coach. There are allready rumors that Matzourakis will be taking over.

Don't know about you, but I think there are some weird things going on in the background.

As for Anastasiadis coming back, that will never happen as long as Goumenos is running the team.

For the record PAOK played with this lineup:

It doesn't look like Doumi will be leaving PAOK, though an announcement will be made tomorrow. I think Doumi may as well see out the year as coach as I don't think anyone else will do any better given our current state. The fans need to remain focused on ousting Goumenos and then the coach. By getting rid of Doumi we would only be giving Goumenos more time. I still can't believe how he is still president.

Dropping points like this absolutely kills confidence and momentum the team may have built up during the first 5 games. I am absolutely disappointed with the result. I'm not making excuses here, but keep in mind that we have numerous young players playing key positions and roles on this team, and they are presented with certain situations for the first time in their young carrers. Hopefully we'll make up the points during the season.

Why would anyone want to get rid of Dimitrescu? I think, given the state of our team with all the off field distractions, subtraction of key players from last year (Sikabala, Christotholopoulos, Salpigidis), and working in young players along with newly acquired players, he has done an exceptional job. It may not show in the standings, but talk to me in a couple years if this team stays in tact.

Na min imaste san tous Oly, PAO, & AEK pou opote o proponitis hanei pondous to alazoune.

Archived