36 members have voted

1. 1. Result?

• [*]Win
    • [*]Lose
    • [*]Draw

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a decent game from Olympiakos against a top class team...very difficult to compete!

If this was supposed to be a key game, the next vs Saxtior is...keyer!

This is a very good team as well and if this 2-4 is for some people "plasmatiko" (for me it is not, and Valencia had the chnces to finish the match much earlier from castillo's goal and Rivaldo's chance) then what should the ukrainians say about their 0-4 that came in 20mins!?

We say things about Backe, but I think Sollied once again proved that cannot help the team during gameplay and he is not better than Lemonis,Mantzourakis, Bigon (and of course Bajevic) that at least won their championships against a good PAO and AEK and not last (and maybe this) year's tragedy!

16 goals Panathinaikos ate in the enitre gorup stage is what's laughable last year Bar7. :D

I think Rosenborg won 13 straight domestic titles if you'll implying to that. :rolleyes:

u also ate plenty last year!

11 or 12 in 2 games less!!!!

and u should be really scared u still have to eat alot from roma-valencia and u might underestimate shakthar and get humiliated!

this year is gonna be the big bash.

next year players like anatolaki-tzole-rivaldo-nikopolidis-bulut and ofcourse zewlakov who is totally overrated and getting old(30-31. finally players like stoltidis is also getting older 31.

think about that

no its definitly not offside.

I saw the highlight and paused where the ball is contacted.....

Morientes is right on the line of the small area and the ball and player are clearly ahead...was really quick and hard to catch so good call (or non-call rather)

heres the freeze-remember that it looks otherwise at first glance- so the line is what serves as the reference...if its a head of that line (which it is) then a person standing exactly on the line is not possible to be ahead of the ball...

Posted Image

The rules state that a player is offside if any part of his body which can play the ball is past the last man, you can clearly see his whole body including his head is past the defender... hence, offside!
Can you be offside if you are behind the ball?
NO!

and if u are behind or on a straight line with the ball u are not offside!

even the greek commentary on supersport said that he was not offside right after the goal ;)

Not all PAOK fans act like Paokaras, look at Ziaka. He's by far the classiest of all PAOK fans (not to forget he's a modetaor) in Phantis forums. I've read most of his posts, it shows he knows a lot about Greek football and his team he loves to support. Why can we have more PAOK fans like him? :)

Whatever, at least we sing when we go a goal down. When you are losing your fans are nowhere to be heard.

as mr. burns would say:

EXXXCELENTAMENTE

have a great season you fools....

ta ta,

Lama/

gia su re trifilara me ta orea su... xa xa xa

and thanx once more oly 4 making me proud of been a floros vazelos..

DEN VALATE MIALO

DEN VALATE MIALO...

as mr. burns would say:

EXXXCELENTAMENTE

ta ta,

Lama/

DEN VALATE MIALO

DEN VALATE MIALO...

Proud of what? Not making the Champions League? Sucking worse than us in last season's champions league? Shutup dude, seriously.

Alright people, here's the report card for our team's performance vs. Valencia

Nikopolidis - 5

His game behind goal was pretty average, thought he is responsible for conceding 2 garbage goals. His made a few good saves, even in a breakaway play from Villa.

Anatolakis - 3

Absouletly horrible!!!!!!!  :tdown:

Oh my god, does he ever know how to man-mark faster players?  :huh:

He has no right to play in the next CL match, period!  :angry:

Ouaddou - 2

s****, need more to say?  :blink:

Very immobile, very slow, gets beaten in the air for a guy who's know for his "towering" height. DISGRACEFUL!!!! THROW THE BUM OUT!!!!!!!!  :angry:

Domi - 6

He did very well, not so great but very steady, showed some life in his legs

Zewlakow - 7

He's by far the best of the 4 backs in our defensive group, too bad he got an injury prior to half-time, he was our workhorse. Pray to god he stays healthy.  :hypocrite:

Djordevic - 8

I give him a lot of credit for his performance in a losing effort, the captain made some good passes, crossed the ball well at times, he was the player to set up the second goal scored by Castillo.  :tup:

Rivaldo - 7

Would have rated higher if he simply did not bouch that open net shot in which he sail the ball over the bar. Played well as expected, very posed, created some scoring chances, he'll get his fair share of goals later on. Did deliver a nice free-kick which Canizaries made a great save. Note this : he did play out of position.

Kafes - 5

Very quite today, normally he comes up big in these CL matches like last year, I didn't see anything from him in terms of shot selection, assisting, or make defenisve plays.

Stoltidis - 6

Very quite, although not as bad as Kafes. He was the few defensive midfield who manage to move better the 2 defensive backs (Ouaddou & Anatolakis). He can be rock soild sometimes when he has a good game.

Castillo - 10

MOST DANGEROUS PLAYER, WHAT MORE CAN I SAY?

He total took control of his offensive game, he ran the ball very well, chested down some good longballs, scored the 2nd goal which was a good one. He missed a few other shots as well. Very active, great to see him play unselfish football for a change.  :nw:

Konstantinou - 9

HE WAS ON FIRE!! He's just as active as Castillo, ran well with or without the ball, shruged off defenders, he scored a fantasic goal to give Olympiakos a 1-0 lead. If he can finish more, I bet you he could score even more in the CL. This is a great striker duo with Castillo.

Bench - 5

Overall the bench wasn't any better, nor it made any better. Totally disapointted!  :tdown:

Dude are you serious about Domi and Zewlakow??? THEY WERE OUR WORST PLAYERS ALONG WITH OUADDOU!

Nikopolidis 8 - He was fantastic for once! Not that dominant on crosses but his shot stopping was excellent!

Zewlakow 3 - He gave the ball away an awful lot and his positioning was abosolutely horrendous!

Ouaddou 2 - Quite possiblty the worst performance I've seen.

Anatolakis 4 - Terrible the whole night, was at fault for their second and his positioning was a joke. He also couldnt win a header to save his life.

Domi 2 - On a par with Ouaddou. He gave the ball away in key places and was constantly exposed. His inability to win anything in the air did, and will, cost us big!

Kafes 5 - worked hard but couldnt keep the ball, shouldve been subbed.

Stoltidis 4 - Terrible! Wasnt working hard, wasnt winning challenges, and couldnt pass! Terrible decision to shoot for their 2nd goal when he's the last midfielder! So dumb!

Djordjevic 8 - Has lost pace and its evident, he doesnt glide past players anymore. But he worked had and created alot!

Rivaldo 9 - If he scored that open goal he would have had a 10, he was immense for us. Winning challenges spreading the play well, etc.

Castillo 9 - Was wonderful everytime he got the ball and he scored a brilliant goal. My only criticism is that he didnt get on the ball enough.

Konstantinou 10 - Man of the Match, yeah Morientes got a hatrick but did nothing else in general play. Mihali was amazing! In the second half he ran back to win a tackle in defensive centre-mid that epitomised his performance. Bravo re paihtara! GIGANTA!

Cesar 4 - Crap!

Pantos 8 - was excellent when he came on! He worked hard, provided an option down the right and deserves his place in the team. Should have won a penalty also! You guys havent give him the credit he deserves!

Its such a shame we lost, all we needed was an average defence, not a great defence, not a good defence, just average, because in general play they couldnt live with us. They couldnt live with the triangle of Djole Ribo and Konstantinou and when Castillo was involved they were desperate. Unfortunately all they had to do was launch the ball up there and be put through 1-on-1 though!

It was a sad game.

Osfp played OK compared to last year.

They tried hard but the defence, (Sollied's choices) Ouaddou, Domi, bertayed the team.

I strongly believe that when a team goes up with 15 mins to go in the first, it is time to concentrate and keep the score until halftime.

The mistakes that were made were amateurish for a CL team at home.

If you can't play the offside trap properly, then do not. More often Valencia was benefited from that "trap" than Osfp.

Osfp deserved a point.

This is an easy group and third place is attainable.

Good luck with Shiktir... ;) :gr:

PEACE

as mr. burns would say:

EXXXCELENTAMENTE

ta ta,

Lama/

DEN VALATE MIALO

DEN VALATE MIALO...

Kalos ta @rxidia mou ta dio.

Apo pou ksefitroses pali??

Exo na se vro apo persi kai to matsaki me ti werder an thimasai.....

Se valane filaki i aplos epathes sok kai se pirane sikoto....

De mou les pos einai o kanapes,malakoulis sa kai sena??????

I love it that we have a summaxia from Pelates(pao) and pikramenous(paok),(propably salpi transfer brought you closer), and all this passion for my team.You guys have NOTHING good going for your teams so most of the time you think and dream about OLYMPIAKOS.Anybody here honestly believes that pao or paok AT THIS VERY moment can do any better than osfp or aek in the Champion league??Honestly?????If you answer yes please do me a favor and have a doctor check you for mental problems.Nobody is happy(except the 2 from above propably) about this defeat but it is not the end of the world.They are still 5 more games to be played and i will admit that it looks grim for anything great but still we are going to support our team no matter what.

Kalos ta @rxidia mou ta dio.

Apo pou ksefitroses pali??

Exo na se vro apo persi kai to matsaki me ti werder an thimasai.....

Se valane filaki i aplos epathes sok kai se pirane sikoto....

De mou les pos einai o kanapes,malakoulis sa kai sena??????

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I want to start by first saying that I was definitely rooting for Olympiakos (for the good of Greece) to win this game, but this loss personally bothered me, because Olympaikos was hanging in with one of Spain's elite clubs (and make no mistake Valencia is a very good team) for 70+ minutes, and then there was a breakdown, a lack of discipline, and someone has to account for that.

Olympiakos has the deepest pockets, make the best signings, and win the majority of the championships in Greece, and when they have bad showings in Europe, it does not only make the team look bad, but all of Greece as well. So please, there are 5 games left, please, please, please put your best effort forth and win some games.

Konstantinou  10 - Man of the Match, yeah Morientes got a hatrick but did nothing else in general play. Mihali was amazing! In the second half he ran back to win a tackle in defensive centre-mid that epitomised his performance. Bravo re paihtara! GIGANTA!

Its such a shame we lost, all we needed was an average defence, not a great defence, not a good defence, just average, because in general play they couldnt live with us.

ethnikistis i agree with nearly everything you wrote. its just hard for me to accept perfect 10 points for konstantinou if in fact his defense lathos controll cost olympiakos the game and led to the 2-3!

what makes me especially sad is that defense was the priority for olympiakos during the transfer period. and to be honest, right now the defense looks worse than shurrer and kostoulas, etc. which was hard to beat. i took your word for domi and he sucked :-)

lets hope its just a matter of adjusting or else i don t see olympiakos go far although roma and shachtar are of lesser calibre than valencia. the next game is going to be very interesting.

what striked me was that sollied didnt use maric to help stoltidis. lets hope patsa can help with the def midfield or the right side, because right now the defense is non existant.

ethnikistis i agree with nearly everything you wrote. its just hard for me to accept perfect  10 points for konstantinou if in fact his defense lathos controll cost olympiakos the game and led to the 2-3!

Hi file mou, how are you?

I understand you point of view regarding Konstantinou but the reason I gave him a 10 is because I dont blame him for the miscontrol. Ok, he should have been on his toes, but the ball was on Domi's little bean head and he bottled the header! Mihali wasnt expecting Domi to be afraid to jump and thus the ball drop to him. So personally I assign fault to Domi for the goal. However, I take your point that to get a 10 you need a flawless performance so a 9 would be more appropriate.

what makes me especially sad is that defense was the priority for olympiakos during the transfer period. and to be honest, right now the defense looks worse than shurrer and kostoulas, etc. which was hard to beat.

I totally agree this defence looked worse! Before hand we had poor positional defenders but at least Schurrer was a beast, whereas now we still have poor positional understanding but Ouaddou is a ballerina!!!

i took your word for domi and he sucked :-)

:rolleyes: Tell me about it!!! What a gaff it was backing him! Mind you that was the worst I've ever seen him play so hopefully its a one-off and we see better performances in the future.

lets hope its just a matter of adjusting or else i don t see olympiakos go far although roma and shachtar are of lesser calibre than valencia.  the next game is going to be very interesting.

I agree, our only hope is if the problems are an issue of adjusting! Personally however I just think we're s%$#! at the back and I also disagree with everyone that Valencia are the best team in the group, I think Roma are and I think we're in for another one of those seasons!

what striked me was that sollied didnt use maric to help stoltidis. lets hope patsa can help with the def midfield or the right side, because right now the defense is non existant.

I agree, we def need someone to help Stoltidis because although he's a good player he doesnt have that dynamic energy and pace to shut players down and snap in the tackles. I cant see us qualifying I'm afraid. :(

Archived