Phantis Forums

Spain - Greece

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

36 :  62

4th Quarter: 06:48 minutes to go

Dissapointing. It's not even close.

To think that Karamanlis was arranging Moldavian putanitses for the boys...

Is Karamanlis their? dose tou mia fanela na paiksei!!
I think he's back in Athens eating Sopho's bougatsa.

Damn this is deflating. Goes to show us Greeks get a bit ahead of ourselves. We beat the US who aren't the best in the world and we couldn't back up for the final.

this is by far the biggiest disgraces in many years!

theese punks should not be cheered when they come back to greece!

i really dont care if we lost ! it was they way we lost without fighting for a single rebound-block-steal and once again shooting like amatures spain where not that good we made them look good.

we where simply awfull all players!

this defeat takes us many years back

Ejaculated?

Is the match broadcast on the Adult network in Turkiye?

i mean, discharged.. ejaculated may have been a bit tough but I put it there to show the emphasis.. my hypo.. sorry!!

:LOL: :LOL:

Sometimes things get lost in translation.

I was just thinking of the kids on the forum. They shouldn't be reading about the Greek players ejaculating until they're at least 16.

Anyhoo...Congratulations to Spain.

I'm in Australia and the match is being replayed at 5am. It is nearly 10:30 pm now and I don't think I will watch the match. It would be too dissapointing.

just as well the match is being shown at 5am in australia,... ie no one will watch the match!

on that note, pathetic tv coverage in australia regarding the basketball world championships...

That's cuz Australia got knocked out early.

Australians aren't really interested in the sport (unless they're winning). It would rank 8 or 9 in popularity.

The channel that has the rights is showing aidies. Motorbike racing, provincial rugby and other such aidies.

aidithies indeed!!!!

SBS (free to air tv) would normaly obtain the coverage for the world championships and would show live matches.. but it didnt this time around and fox sports got the coverage... which only showed one delayed game a day...

i would have thought the final would be on the SAME NITE at least. but no, 5am tommorrow!! wat a joke..

basketball has gone downhill in australia. and with this sort of tv coverage, it has no chance of picking up.

guys..

you're ABSOLUTELY TOO HARSH on Taki and his team!!! :nono:

this team is EURO CHAMPS and WORLD RUNNERS-UP for God's sake!! :)

they DO deserve to be cheered when they arrive at VENIZELO.. :rolleyes:

they played JUST ONE BAD GAME.. ONE BAD GAME!! that's all and you keep saying it will take Greek B-Ball 10-yrs-back!! Get Real!! THIS IS JUST ONE DEFEAT!!! :la:

do you remember the teams Greece beat on her way to the final?? LIETUVA (2003 EURO CHAMPS, 2006 7th), TURKIYE (2001 EURO RUNNERS-UP, 2006 6th), FRANCE (2003 EURO CHAMPS 3rd, 2006 5th), BRASIL (2005 AMERICAS CHAMPS), AUSTRALIA (2003-5 OCENIA CHAMPS)... these teams are really hard to play against!! they might have run out of power after playing these hard teams.. excluding the qtrs and semis where they met Lietuva and Argentina, SPAIN didn't have a single match-up that would ever force them!! ;)

SO, THIS IS STILL A GREAT SUCCESS FOR GREECE & FROM VASILOPOULOS TO PAPALOUKAS, EVERY PLAYER NEEDS TO BE CHEERED!!! :tup:

Congratulations to Spain. They are the world champions and they are deserving of it.

It was very deflating to see Greece be so out of a form today when it mattered the most. But form is such a volatile thing in basketball, moreso than in any other sport, and unfortunately for us, we played today like our championship match was on Friday... :(

But Greece has finished second for the first time ever and that should be celebrated, notwithstanding today's result. It's still the best team that has ever represented us in basketball, and if they're is a positive to today's game is that Greece learned a very valuable lesson today. They're a young team and they will be back. So, congratulations to Greece for a great tournament and I'm looking forward to a still very bright future. :tup:

(One more thing, since Spain won automatic qualification for the Olympics today, we won't have to worry about battling them for qualification next year. This is a good thing since Eurobasket will take place next year in...Spain.)

guys..

you're ABSOLUTELY TOO HARSH on Taki and his team!!!  :nono:

this team is EURO CHAMPS and WORLD RUNNERS-UP for God's sake!!  :)

they DO deserve to be cheered when they arrive at VENIZELO..  :rolleyes:

they played JUST ONE BAD GAME.. ONE BAD GAME!! that's all and you keep saying it will take Greek B-Ball 10-yrs-back!! Get Real!! THIS IS JUST ONE DEFEAT!!!  :la:

do you remember the teams Greece beat on her way to the final?? LIETUVA (2003 EURO CHAMPS, 2006 7th), TURKIYE (2001 EURO RUNNERS-UP, 2006 6th), FRANCE (2003 EURO CHAMPS 3rd, 2006 5th), BRASIL (2005 AMERICAS CHAMPS), AUSTRALIA (2003-5 OCENIA CHAMPS)... these teams are really hard to play against!! they might have run out of power after playing these hard teams.. excluding the qtrs and semis where they met Lietuva and Argentina, SPAIN didn't have a single match-up that would ever force them!!  ;)

SO, THIS IS STILL A GREAT SUCCESS FOR GREECE & FROM VASILOPOULOS TO PAPALOUKAS, EVERY PLAYER NEEDS TO BE CHEERED!!!     :tup:

You're right and thanks for the complements. And I'm sure you can't wait for 2010. ;)

Lets not forget the teams we beat in this tournament and the population of these countries eg BRAZIL,CHINA, USA, TURKEY,SPAIN,FRANCE

That's hundreds of millions of people. MILLIONS MORE tuned into thses games

Ah YES, WE GREEKS ARE SO FEW AND THE BARBARIANS ARE SO MANY

UNDERDOGS FOREVER!!!!!

BRAVO TOOS!!!

Today the Spanish team had their "A" game with them and they deserve to be the World Champs..

Today there were alot of things that were mising in which we had in the game with the US...

No matter what we should be proud of our men and hey we finshed 2nd in-front of the US.... (HAHAHAHAHAHAH0

First of all congrats to Spain!

Second of all congrats to our National Team for the 2nd place of the world!

Third of all, wtf, that was our worst game EVER!!!!! We could've played a LOT better just like our boys have played so far! <_<

anyway, well done :gr:

Some in here have lost any credibility they were trying to hold on to, with their immature, ungrateful and despicable remarks about this incredible Greek team.

Shame. :tdown:

BRAVO HELLADARA :gr:

2nd in the World

1st in Europe

Hellas-NBA 101-95

Den stamato na tragoudo POTE :gr:

HELLAS ole ole :tup:

PEACE

Congratulations to Spain. They played great and well deserve the Gold medal. Awesome offense and a super powerful defense (which showed).

And a big congratulations to our super Greek team which played awesome 8 games, and had it's bad one today (what can you do).

ANTE ELLADARA, PANTA MAZI SOU KAI ME TA KAKA KAI ME TA KALA!!!

Gia ta paidia mas twra, ti na pw? We played awful. We went in with a different mind set. We were tired nevertheless, and even with Gasol out, we shouldn't have thought we had it to begin with. Ego to eida, to eixame xameno prhn akoma arxisei o agonas. Ti na pw? Ti na pei kaneis twra? Ante kai to asymi, ti na kanoume.

Elpizo me auto to psilo-reziliki pou fagame, mhpws kai valoume myalo. Auta apo emena...

- Nore

Some in here have lost any credibility they were trying to hold on to, with their immature, ungrateful and despicable remarks about this incredible Greek team.

Shame. :tdown:

2nd in the World

1st in Europe

Hellas-NBA 101-95

Den stamato na tragoudo POTE :gr:

HELLAS ole ole :tup:

PEACE

oh F*** off...immature, dispeable???, ungrateful? so hitting 20% field goals and getting raped in a game where we were favourites-and being upset about it is ungrateful.....yeah...ok.

everybody in here knows Greece was perfectly capable of taking gold. But they played disgracefully on what should have finest hour.

Theres two sides to everything.

Theres the side, oh they did so well in the tournament. Were just happy and it doesnt matter- OR the team did not play to its potential, went in arrogant and got absolutley demolished against a team that is fantastic but should never win that easy and its embarassing. Both sides are pretty much correct. I have every right to be upset with Giannakis seeing how nothing was changed after constant bombardments and timeouts... I know we are better than that. And Im not the only person in the world that feels we should have done a hell of a lot better than that.

GS1905- Sakota is doubtful....he wants to play for Serbia and he should because hes a hardcore Serbian.

Shame.  :tdown:

2nd in the World

1st in Europe

Hellas-NBA 101-95

Den stamato na tragoudo POTE  :gr:

HELLAS ole ole  :tup:

PEACE

oh F*** off...immature, dispeable???, ungrateful? so hitting 20% field goals and getting raped in a game where we were favourites-and being upset about it is ungrateful.....yeah...ok.

everybody in here knows Greece was perfectly capable of taking gold. But they played disgracefully on what should have finest hour.

Theres two sides to everything.

Theres the side, oh they did so well in the tournament. Were just happy and it doesnt matter- OR the team did not play to its potential, went in arrogant and got absolutley demolished against a team that is fantastic but should never win that easy and its embarassing. Both sides are pretty much correct. I have every right to be upset with Giannakis seeing how nothing was changed after constant bombardments and timeouts... I know we are better than that. And Im not the only person in the world that feels we should have done a hell of a lot better than that.

GS1905- Sakota is doubtful....he wants to play for Serbia and he should because hes a hardcore Serbian.

qft

Archived