Phantis Forums

Basketball - Men - Schedule

Ziaka

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got back from the PR game, i say we did a bit better but we need to be way better if we want to beat Argentina. Puerto Rico isnt a good team- i dont know how the hell they beat the USA.

anyways theres some hope for a medal pending on the Argentina game,

Spain and USA will be a good game

Lithuania - China - Lithuania easily- Serbia has had an awful tournament- even China beat them, and no, China arent a good team even with YaoMing.

Greece - Argentina .........depends on how we are that day

Italy - Puerto Rico .............. Italy easily- the riquenos are no match at all.

also i think again Giannakis is a dumbass.......the players just arent enough to put stability in the side. We need Rentzias and Tsakalidis, Sigalas....

NTIKOUDIS and ZISIS ARE NOT BASKETBALL PLAYERS-----these guys are so damn mediocre.........they cant compete in this level. ok Tsaka isnt amazing but better than Ntikoudis.

Spanoulis however was great, hes so quick........

Alvertis finally started to hit shooting form!

Papadopoulos is a fantastic player

Fotsis is great too

does anyone know where does Fotsi play now? he came back to PAO right?

Fotsis plays at Real Madrid...

As for the others... How can you compare Dikoudis with that aballo, meatball Tsakalidi... The guy hasn't got a clue about basketball!!!!

Spanoulis is crap, he cannot score and his personal marker always leaves him to mark another of our players...

Giannakis sucks big time!!!! Alvertis is always in the bench for some unknown reason and the guy doesn't have a single offensive system to help Alvertis (who is the best shooter in Europe by the way) to come off his marman and shoot from the corner.... Also, he always places the worst possible mix of players in the squat he hasn't got any consistency in the starting line-up and he hasn't got a clue about winning games....

Sigalas will be once again missed from the Argentina game (no one will be able to stop Ginobili) so will Hatzis!!! Our pointguards and small forwards (Zisis, Spanoulis, Papaloukas etc) apart from Diamadidis are unable to score which means that we play with one less player in the offence....

Anyway I think Argentina is easier than Italy so lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that Gianakiss and that idiot Kakioussis will come to their senses and use the right players in the right time....

My favourite starting line up...

1. Diamadidis

2. Alvertis

3. Fotsis

4. Kakiouzis

5. Papadopoulos

:gr:

Fotsis plays at Real Madrid...

As for the others... How can you compare Dikoudis with that aballo, meatball Tsakalidi... The guy hasn't got a clue about basketball!!!!

Spanoulis is crap, he cannot score and his personal marker always leaves him to mark another of our players...

Giannakis sucks big time!!!! Alvertis is always in the bench for some unknown reason and the guy doesn't have a single offensive system to help Alvertis (who is the best shooter in Europe by the way) to come off his marman and shoot from the corner.... Also, he always places the worst possible mix of players in the squat he hasn't got any consistency in the starting line-up and he hasn't got a clue about winning games....

Sigalas will be once again missed from the Argentina game (no one will be able to stop Ginobili) so will Hatzis!!! Our pointguards and small forwards (Zisis, Spanoulis, Papaloukas etc) apart from Diamadidis are unable to score which means that we play with one less player in the offence....

Anyway I think Argentina is easier than Italy so lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that Gianakiss and that idiot Kakioussis will come to their senses and use the right players in the right time....

My favourite starting line up...

1. Diamadidis

2. Alvertis

3. Fotsis

4. Kakiouzis

5. Papadopoulos

:gr:

no way

Spanoulis is giannakis only smart move... hes fast he dribbles through everyone and creative and scores....he was barely playing till puerto rico where he did well.... hes raw talent- can be a great tool in some games...

tsakalidis isnt great but way better than dikoudis so id like him as a replacement....

also u can say its the team effort crap but in basketball its a lot different......if you have one shitty ass player (ZISIS, DIKOUDIS) who cant hit a single field goal and throws the ball away in stupid passes i think that affects the game and has nothing to do with the team effort.

greek basket is so much better than this........

With all due respect Drako...I cant agree with .01% of your post.

Ntikoudis? No good.....Rating him worse than Jack? I fell off my chair reading that....

We need Rentzias and Tsakalidis, Sigalas....

What about Xatzis? You would think that a quality perimeter shooter would be of value.....

Spanoulis? Ha! That is laughable...How you can say Zisis is mediocre yet rate this man is beyond me. Both are not at NT level, plain and simple.

I personally think that Argentina will beat us.....which is sad but unless Papadopoulos really fires, I dont have much faith in this team. I dont get why Kakouzis gets limited game-time (from what I have seen)....

I think everybody needs to relax at this point about the hating comments towards Giannnakis

he was just appointed in may and got us a second place finish in the group.

I would have rather wanted to face italy then argentina but i think we can beat them regardless

it will depend on our 3 point shooting and our guard play.

If our guards can control the game and cause some pressure resulting to turnovers will be fine then. Argentina is a flasy team with tremedous ball movement and very good outside shooting. Greece's defense has been strong in this tournament except for that Luthuania game

so Good LUck thursday

Hellas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I have to say is that if somebody suggested 5 years ago that Sanchez, Oberto and Uggo Schonochini were going to be GOLD medalists in few years time, he would have had to cope with the laughs of everyone....

It is a disgrace to world basketball to see people such as Sanchez and the others to win a gold. Don't get me wrong they 100% deserved it. They were a TEAM with all the meaning of the word... But as far as basketball skills goes? :tdown: :tdown: Disaster....

Not that the Italians were better players but at least they are a Nation with Basketball history...

So result? Lithuania 2 Losses and they ended up 4, Argentina 3 Losses but ended up first!!

USA 3 Losses 3rd and Spain 1 loss ended up 7th!!!!!

So as you can understand my friends the result doesn't always proves and justifies everything.... In normal circumstances (meaning with no Giannakis) we could have had such teams (Argentina, Italy, USA, etc) for breakfast.... Now we have to settle for the 5th spot which in my book is a complete disaster for this basketball team!!!!

All I have to say is that if somebody suggested 5 years ago that Sanchez, Oberto and Uggo Schonochini were going to be GOLD medalists in few years time, he would have had to cope with the laughs of everyone....

It is a disgrace to world basketball to see people such as Sanchez and the others to win a gold. Don't get me wrong they 100% deserved it. They were a TEAM with all the meaning of the word... But as far as basketball skills goes?

It is a disgrace to world basketball to see people such as Sanchez and the others to win a gold. Don't get me wrong they 100% deserved it. They were a TEAM with all the meaning of the word... But as far as basketball skills goes?

Who said that Greece has no footballing history? One thing is completely different from another. PAO's success in europe proves that and the number of our players that play abroad in serious leagues also proves that.

After all I always thought that our footballs players have quality and skills.

Don't mix the sports. Basketball is much different than football. Unless you want to tell me that Argentinian basketball was always classy. Their success comes due to the binding of the team and nt due to their basketball skills. The Yugo's on the other hand are completely different. There was never much binding in the team but thy always played with passion and their skill was much higher than any other basketball nation worldwide....

For me teh best team was Lithuania by far. and if we had a descent coach we could go to the finals (because we could not come across Litthuania other than the final) by just kidin' around. Our class is much higher that these 3rd grade teams such as Argentina... ;)

please, The Greek NT had absolutely no football history, they never won a single game at a european or world cup final phase before

btw, most of the greek football players (Charisteas, Giannakopoulos, Karagounis,...) warm the bench at the big foreign teams they are playing for - but don't get me wrong, I certainly hope that'll change)

Argentina's basket team is vice world champion

'Unless you want to tell me that Argentinian basketball was always classy'

as with your football NT history doesn't count, only the present does

the reasons you give to degrade Argentina to a third class team are the same reasons those who criticised the Greek euro 2004 victory gace

There are Greek football players with quality and skills, indeed

but so has the Argentina basket NT, with Ginobili and Scola,... these are class players!

The Argentina team beat USA (okay, Lithuania, even Puerto Rico did, so who didn't), Italy, Greece, the Yugo's,... they deserve to be the champion

if Greeces class was much better, you simply had to beat them, Hellas got the chance, but they screwed up, unfortunately

Who said that Greece has no footballing history? One thing is completely different from another. PAO's success in europe proves that and the number of our players that play abroad in serious leagues also proves that.

After all I always thought that our footballs players have quality and skills.

Don't mix the sports. Basketball is much different than football. Unless you want to tell me that Argentinian basketball was always classy. Their success comes due to the binding of the team and nt due to their basketball skills. The Yugo's on the other hand are completely different. There was never much binding in the team but thy always played with passion and their skill was much higher than any other basketball nation worldwide....

For me teh best team was Lithuania by far. and if we had a descent coach we could go to the finals (because we could not come across Litthuania other than the final) by just kidin' around. Our class is much higher that these 3rd grade teams such as Argentina... ;)

please, The Greek NT had absolutely no football history, they never won a single game at a european or world cup final phase before

btw, most of the greek football players (Charisteas, Giannakopoulos, Karagounis,...) warm the bench at the big foreign teams they are playing for - but don't get me wrong, I certainly hope that'll change)

Argentina's basket team is vice world champion

'Unless you want to tell me that Argentinian basketball was always classy'

as with your football NT history doesn't count, only the present does

the reasons you give to degrade Argentina to a third class team are the same reasons those who criticised the Greek euro 2004 victory gace

There are Greek football players with quality and skills, indeed

but so has the Argentina basket NT, with Ginobili and Scola,... these are class players!

The Argentina team beat USA (okay, Lithuania, even Puerto Rico did, so who didn't), Italy, Greece, the Yugo's,... they deserve to be the champion

if Greeces class was much better, you simply had to beat them, Hellas got the chance, but they screwed up, unfortunately

Thats because Greek team has a mentality of loosing to 'big' teams. Thats why we always loose to the Yugos (no matter their players involve) and that is why we will always lose to the Americans. But someone being a looser doesn't automaticaly give credit to other teams. Unless you believe to the 'one-eye rules in the kingdom of the blind' rule... :P

Argentina lost to the Yugos last year in Indianapolis and they have never showed basketball skills or knowledge. Even the players you are referring to are not that great. Ginobily is a great player for the circus called the NBA. To prove my point when he played against a serious defensive team like Greece his scoring and overall performance was much lower than an average player. As far as Scola, I too agree that he was the most influential player of Argentina. But c'mon can you even compare Scola to our power forwards? (Kakiouzis, Dikoudis, Tsartsaris, Fotsis?) not even for a joke!!!

As you correctly say we screwed it up in the QF but did you watch the match? Everyone who watched it understood that our class is much higher but we are also a bunch of loosers! We had the Argentinians trailing to a 12 point deficit in the 3rd quarter and then we played like the Americans (passing behind the back, laughing around) and making fun of them... And we paid our arrogance badly!!! On top of that we had that stupid guy Giannakis making all sorts of crappy tactic changes in the team...

Even statistically we were a disaster. Our 3 point shooting was 5/30 or something!!! And most of these 30 shots came with no pressure at all... The Greek team has no excuse for loosing that game and that is why I say that the 5th place is a disaster!!! ;)

In regards to football? Greece as a NT may have been nothing but PAO has several times got very good runs in europe. And our players abroad do not all form a part of the bench. (Machlas, Gianakopoulos, Dabizas, Zikos, Zagorakis at Leicester, Dellas etc.)...

This was Greece's biggest opportunity to win a medal in World Basketball. Know we might never get that chance.

I hate to say it but I think Greece needs a foreign coach if there going to succeed. Yiannakis is a dud who has no idea.

I don't know about you guys buit I seriously have my doubts about the greek national team in basketball.

I love to see them get a medal but I doubt it. Let's just say Basketball is a dead sport not only in greece but worldwide.

I wasn't wrong when I said I don't think we will get a medal.

I don't know about you guys buit I seriously have my doubts about the greek national team in basketball.

I love to see them get a medal but I doubt it. Let's just say Basketball is a dead sport not only in greece but worldwide.

I wasn't wrong when I said I don't think we will get a medal.
I completely agree, we need a foreign coach not only in Basketball but in all other team sports!!!! :tup:

Archived