Phantis Forums

Basketball - Men - Schedule

Ziaka

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once againg It is proved that the Popps is always right....

The Americans proved that they are a bunch of Charlatanas and Clowns who haven't got a clue about basketball.. They play at this parade, circus called the NBA and they think they can beat anyone... I had the fortune watching the 'poulaki' of Jose Piculin Ortiz LIVE yesturday and I have to say that I've never seen so many charlatans in one ground....

The Americans had so many airballs that I can't remember any other team shooting so disasterously!!!! The master-charlatan Iverson was brilliant ,doing all sorts of acts apart from playing basketball.... So was Tim Duncan who faced a tall Puerto Rico center forward who was half the size of him.....

Outcome?: Puerto Rico - Clowns 19 points difference!!!! Well done!!! :tup:

Now its Greece's turn to rape those charlatans...

Having seen yesturdays game against Australia I have to say that I disagree with many people that said Australia is not a good team... They played hard, and they have this guy Heal who can score from anywhere around the court... However, Greece was too good for them....

The only teams that can beat Greece are the Yugos, probably Lithuania and probably the Italians....

The Yugos lost by 1 point yesturday from Argentina... Obradovic was really ungry and I think that the Yugos will be waiting for their revenge... Ginobily had a great game....

Greece - Yugo in the final!!!! :tup:

lets not get too far ahead and jinx pappou- they could come back - they did beat turkey...

beleive me i want to see Greece beat the piss out of the USA for greece and strong personal reasons. I will be there tommorow - and i will scream my head off and wont stop ever. i hope we can make an atmosphere VERY unfriendly and unwelcoming to the american "athletes" in the elliniko and send them to hell. :gr:

i call on all greeks at this game to never stop the intensity- and see us thrash them

To be honest with you I don't like booing people because of political reasons... I hope everybody in the stadium that day will be booing them for their uselessness about basketball and not for any other reason... ;)

Apart from that Americans are not that bad, they have a very 'athletic' spirit and culture and they are the first to admit that their team sucks....

Their only problem is that they don't have a clue about basketball!!! :P Only about showbiz!!

im back.

very good atmosphere though i wanted more hostile.

referee was disgusting - .....

dream team is so unbeleivably overrated.... theyre lucky we couldnt get the free throws and many fair calls....

alos some american fans almost got themselves killed- stupids they think this is new york.... maimoudes

I watched the game on tape (because I was at Lena's game) and I was disgused with the Greek mentality,.... Just because these clowns are Americans and called Dream team we did not show the willingness to beat them!!!

Amazing... Giannakis was awful as well.... He forgot Alvertis in the bench having these two useless players Zisis, and Spanoulis in the game... At least Zisis did one or two useful things but Spanoulis was a disgrace... We missed Sigalas and Hatzis very much as well as Diamadidis and Frankie's shooting...

Papadopoulos showed to Tim Duncan how the game is played...

Fotsis I think was very good (despite of what the mouse is saying) and lets not forget that he blocked the American clowns quite a few times.......

Kakiouzis was also very good, but we lost the game due to Giannakis and that other useless guy Kakioussis!!!

The Americans? Simply a discrace.. Anyone who knows about basketball can see that they haven't got a clue about the sport just by looking at the way the are shooting free throws..... Again many airballs, many missed baskets from a very close distance etc...

To be honest I don't see them winning any other game... It is a sure defeat by the Lithuanians and I think that even Angola might create problems for these clowns......

skeftila giannakis our shitty coach should resign Now.

am sick of watching u, bastard u have once again destroyed our hopes.

we lead 8-5 but then the majer fool did not do nothing as he watched the others make 25 points in a row :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

u have dishourned greece u better flee

I never had high hopes for the team after seeing the squad that was picked. Secondly, we caught the Aussies off-guard and beleive me when I say that without Heal the rest are s**** (Anderson is ok)......so that game cant be taken into account.

After watching todays demolition by Lithuania....ahhh I wont say that I expected it but seriously Giannakis has no F***en clue...Ive seen 2 games out of the 3 (missed the US one) and we are dieing on the ass because of this maleo.

Forget about a medal....no F***ing hope.

@Elastonpappou13

Your right we are missing Xatzis and Sagalas very very much. Frankie for me has been off-tap this tournament. As for Zisis, I like him as a player but I question whether he is NT material, although he was our only decent player today against Lithuania and even then he was mopped defensively.

Im a bit worried about Ntikoudis' form.....I dont know if throwing him some scrap time here and there will help either.

guys these are a great olympics but i cant help but feel terribly upset that somepeople are RUINING a great moment.

Apostolakis, Giannakis, Kenteris, Thanou..........why they have to be so shitty when greece wants them more then ever to win??? these guys are true assholes. its embarassing to be taking defeats like this so early. even volley was embarasing tonight.

lithuania made a laugh out of us. Giannakis would eat 20 points and not even call time out. He is an awful awful coach. I am sick of being a good team that never finishes well in basketball. Giannakis SUCKS.

frangki is awesome but what the hell is happening to him??? he used to smash 3point shots now he cant score at all......it seems like we are having NO LUCK at all in shooting...vs USA and vs Lituania. and without luck you win nothing.

Guys I have been saying this ffrom the beginning of the tournament. Giannakis was a great player but hasn't got a clue about coaching a team...

Most of you wander why Alvertis doesn't score... Its simple. Because he doesn't play!!!!

The team selection sucked (Giannakis picked his own lamoia) , picking Spanoulis and Zisis (he might have scored 18 point yesturday but its easy to score when you are trailing by 30 points!!! Even I can score when no pressure is upon me... I would love to see Zisis score 18 points in a derby but thats impossible because he sucks!!!)

Don't tell me that Sigalas wasn't needed yesturday to mark Siskaouskas... Don't tell me that Hatzis wasn't missing... And on top of that we have Giannakis making all sorts of stupid decisions during the match...

Against the US clowns he places Papanikolaou for the remaining 1 minute to make the final shots while the player hasn't played at all before that moment. Alvertis is his LAST option he prefers to put that idiod Spanoulis (Just because he comes from Maroussi) and leave Frankie out...

He is simply an idiot and along with the worst basketball player of our country ever (the kourada Kakioussis) they make the worst coaching staff in the history of basketball!!!! :tdown: :tdown:

I have been an NBA fan for many years.

I do think it is based on strength and speed more than the European game

Europeans are better shooters and use more technique, (more like Bird)

Americans are taller, stronger, faster and most of them have grown up playing in the ghetto playgrounds.

The NBA is more spectacular and that is what sells

I like FIBA basketball because I love our Greek team and Panathinaikos

Both have given Greece international glory, beyond any other team sport

Euro champions in 1986, 4th in the world twice, and three Euroleagues for PAO.

In the USA -PR game the crowd was clearly for PR.

I was there. Some for political reasons, others for the joy of seeing the mighty US lose.

I wanted the US to lose, but did not think a PR win would be good for Greece

Bottom line for me is what is good for OUR team

I have a feeling Greece could contest the qualification or 3rd spot with PR

This is more football related, but worth mentioning

I met Jimmy Jump during that game and spoke to him for a while

He was friendly, and very likable, and was cheering for PR and then Greece

He even chanted "Sikose to" and Ellas Ellas and wore a Greek flag on him

We rode the bus and Metro together all the way to Ampelokipoi station and he made a good impression on me, in contrast with his behavior at the Euro 2004 final :o

Jimmy was the "trelamenos" that entered the field during the final, and threw a Catalan flag at Figo

When I asked him if he plans on pulling a similar "stunt" at the Olympics, he smiled and said he is only a tourist here

PEACE

im confused.

how would we be 2nd by beating puerto rico. USA would have to lose to Angola and im sorry i dont see that happening. USA lost 2 Greece lost 2 and USA beat us so 3rd is the highest we can get.....means we will play probably italy or argentina......no good.

ok we beat aussies, and angolans

lost to lithuanians and USA

lithuania game was a disgrace

PR is next.....

1. Lithuania is undefeated

USA lost 2 won 2

Greece lost 2 won 2

PR lost 2 won 2

AUS lost 3 won 1

Angola lost 4

im not sure about thisbut....

1. Spain is undefeated

Italy

Argentina

New Zealand?

Serbia

China

WE could get 2nd by beating PR, even if US beats Angola (very likely):

US and Greece would tie with 3-2 record... BUT...

the first tie breaker in Olympics is point differential

here is the proof:

basketball standings

Greece has the advantage...

over PR and US if all end at 3-2

...unless US beats Angola by 33 points more than Greece beats PR!!!

PEACE

If we beat PR by more than 12 points we will end up second.. If we beat them by less than 12 points we will end up third. In both instances the US Charlatans will finisg fourth and probably face Spain in the quarters... (thats going to be a great laugh!!! :lol: )

The only way that the US circus can finish on top of us is if we loose from PR....

If we beat PR by more than 12 points we will end up second.. If we beat them by less than 12 points we will end up third. In both instances the US Charlatans will finisg fourth and probably face Spain in the quarters... (thats going to be a great laugh!!! :lol: )

The only way that the US circus can finish on top of us is if we loose from PR....

Yup, and the US can finish no higher than third and if they do they will likely face Argentina, one of the teams that beat them in Indianapolis in 2002.

On another note, Serbia just crashed out of tournament by losing 67-66 to China. :huh?: Looking at the boxscore, Yao Ming was unstoppable.

Archived