Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos – Xanthi

HOLLYWOOD

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

youre not any better.

i love it how all green fans bitch about how OSFP gets away with calls. the last 10 years and how are they winning? with free and phantom penalties. just like us!!!!!!!!

PS: when your hippocrate management makes the famous dvd how your team gets screwed by the refs.. dont forget to include the free penalty from ehtes

re paidia, tha to ksanapo, afiste to penalti, anthropos einai kai o kiros kai ekane lathos, ego dn ton katigoro, gia tous kolodimosiografous omos pou eidan 100 fores tin fasi kai elegan oti einai katharo penalti ti exete na peite?

gia mena to lathos tou diaititi itan pou den diekopse to mats kai den eipe na ginoun sistaseis apo ta megafona otan oloi sikothikan kai evrizan ton antza, an evrizan auton ton mpastardo tha diekopte amesos to mats,

GAMO TO SPITI SOU KIRO

KIRO MPINE p******S GE, palio a*****

p****** p****** TOU BASARA I MANA

i do understand the gavri being upset sionce i think they've only been gioven 1 penalty in 3 matches & the gavri want to make sure they win the penalty race for another year

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Golden Penalty Award..... it never leaves that bourthelo.... ops i mean karaiskaki...

:LOL:

RE VASSARA ... RE VASSARA ISE TRELLA VAZELARA  :)

wasnt he the ref that didnt give u guys the penalty vs PAO ine the 90th minute 2 years ago ? keeping them 2nd and into the C.L?
Yeah that was him....

But there is also an other game 3 years ago..... where Kyros does the same thing....

The game took place at Leoforos... and that time... Kolka the player from Finland...was even a half meter off the penalty box aera... and Kyros has given it......

Also around 10 minutes before the end of the game...and the 3 points...

Posted Image

So it s not the first time he gives such penalties...or refuses real penalties versus PAO....

RE VASSARA ... RE VASSARA ISE TRELLA VAZELARA :)

The above is now even scientifically proven as the experiment happened for the second time... It isn't an assumption any more...but a physiological fact.... :LOL:

RE VASSARA ... RE VASSARA ISE TRELLA VAZELARA  :)

wasnt he the ref that didnt give u guys the penalty vs PAO ine the 90th minute 2 years ago ? keeping them 2nd and into the C.L?
Yeah that was him....

But there is also an other game 3 years ago..... where Kyros does the same thing....

The game took place at Leoforos... and that time... Kolka the player from Finland...was even a half meter off the penalty box aera... and Kyros has given it......

Also around 10 minutes before the end of the game...and the 3 points...

Posted Image

So it s not the first time he gives such penalties...or refuses real penalties versus PAO....

RE VASSARA ... RE VASSARA ISE TRELLA VAZELARA :)

The above is now even scientifically proven as the experiment happened for the second time... It isn't an assumption any more...but a physiological fact.... :LOL:

and they talk about us

we may be the most hated team in greece but im sure PAO is right up there

just ask aef fans

Back to the game...

I just finished watching it (recorded from yesterday) and I must say that the team looked good against a tough opponent.

Beyond the fist 20-25 minutes Xanthi was confined to its own half of the field. Good pressure up high prevented Xanthi from organizing in midfield and from moving into counter-attack of any merit. This was a good team effort.

The other good thing I liked was that we constantly pushed the ball into Xanthi's penalty area from all angles. There were plenty of crosses from both left and right, and many up-the middle attempts either with combinations or vertical passes. I the majority of crosses there were at least two or three PAO players in the box.

The only negative observation is that with so many balls dropping into the penalty box, we scored only one goal by penalty and had comparatively few clean shots at goal and even fewer headers. This is partly due to the good defense played by Xanthi, partly to the inability of our players to challenge for the high balls, and partly due to the inaccurate crossing by our wingers. Most of the time our players were second to the ball in the box and rarely challenged the defenders for headers.

The team looked fresh, fast, and kept a good pace all the way to the end of the game. More importantly, it looked as if they played with conviction and after the first 25 minutes, they never let Xanthi believe that they would leave the stadium with points. Most positive were some of the nice, fast combinations from the left with Ivanschitz, Seric, and Papadopoulos.

Papadopoulos and Salpigidis playing close together and changing positions constantly put a lot of pressure on the defenders both offensively and defensively. Nilsson playing a quiet and conservative game solidified our right side.

On the left Seric had some very nice moves forward in the second half and a couple of excellent crosses. Ivanschitz played an excellent game and could have scored on a couple of occasions. If he keeps playing like this he will be one of our favorite players. He has the skill and he plays with heart.

As for the penalty, many wise people have spoken already. When I first saw the play in real speed I thought the call was unmistakably correct. Even from multiple angles it looked like a penalty. In still photos it looks like contact was 30 cm outside the box. My personal feeling is that the referee saw a penalty and did not invent it.

Having said that, I am all for instituting an "instant replay" in football similar to what american football has. For those who don't know american football (the one with the peponi for a ball), a coach can instantly challenge a referee's call (he has two challenges for the whole game). The referee then runs to the sideline and watches the instant replays on a TV before making the final call. Even then, many calls are controversial! Now that's a whole topic in itself.

Overall, a good win against a very good team, and a good game to build upon.

Well, I looked at the penalty again because I had nothing better to do, and because I was puzzled to see so many still images that claim to show that it was not a penalty.

I looked at the FIFA official rules and here is what I found:

"A defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area but finishes

inside the penalty area. What action should the referee take?

He would award a penalty kick."

Povio begins the infraction outside the penalty area but he finishes (Salpigidis falls down, as in touches the ground with body parts other than his feet) well into the box.

Should the referee spot the ball where the infraction began, or when it was finished? It seems like the FIFA rule book supports the latter.

In addition to the four referees we need to include Phenomenology professors to interpet these fine points of perception :LOL:

kairos den einai na agorasoume ki emeis diaitites???

ok... o vassaras itan poulimenos......

euxaristimenoi???? kai tora ti tha prepei na ginei....??? allazei tipota???? oxi..... opote.... ta @@ tou karampela....

H oli fasi itan panw sti grammi kata kapoio tropo...Kapoios tha to edine kapoios allos oxi...

OI gay na mi milane gia penalty-fantasmata giati me kati tetoia exoun parei oloklira prwtathlimata oxi apla agwnes... :angry:

Opws mena anyparkto faoulaki to ebale o Rivaldo kai isofarisane ti Ksanthi sti 1h agwnistiki...Alla mono sto OAKA iksere o Mantzourakis na kanei to karagkiozi.. <_<

Oson afora ton Atza....

Posted Image

Kai liga akouse...

Posted Image

This post and this picture settle everything. Well done.

Lets talk about PAOs performance or close the thread....Im not interested in hearing bitching from teams who cant get points they can do that elsewhere.

I watched some of the first half...were again pretty bad. Team doesnt have a strategy. They still dont look like a team out there.....again Im still against Bakke because his job was to have the team READY to perform....even last year i think we were better. Im not gonna say give him time give him time because he was given a clear job and didnt do it. Also he didnt make any changes to a team not accomplishing much of anything is suspect...We either have no or dont utilize the midfield, everything is stupid long passes from the back its almost highschool plan....

Ok, nobody is excited from the performance on Saturday..but you have to admit that the players finally showed some passion (I'm talking about the 2nd half) and the period that Xanthi was nowhere in front of galinovic!

This is what we lacked in the game vs Ionikos and the reason we lost then!

It was also the first game with this 4-4-2 formation so we could not expect much more! But I feel we can do better in this formation.

I think that PAO should always play with Salpi and Pap together in front,,,no team can be calm with those two together!!! wheteher the system is 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 or 2-1-2-3-2(!!!!) or whatever we must start with those 2 in front!

Xanthi is a well organised team with good defense...It's not only that we played average but also that they played good defense...

The things that I can't stand watching any more is those rediculous mistakes that some players(Biscan,Vyntra,Seric) make without any pressure (1st half)

Well, I looked at the penalty again because I had nothing better to do, and because I was puzzled to see so many still images that claim to show that it was not a penalty.

Povio begins the infraction outside the penalty area but he finishes (Salpigidis falls down, as in touches the ground with body parts other than his feet) well into the box.

Should the referee spot the ball where the infraction began, or when it was finished? It seems like the FIFA rule book supports the latter.

In addition to the four referees we need to include Phenomenology professors to interpet these fine points of perception :LOL:

with this post, now maybe we can get some gavro to respond.... ;)

our midfield has been non existant for several years & is doing so this year...NO CREATIVITY

o m#$%!s, o g*****enos o varouxas evale to telos tis fasis stin athlitiki kiriaki, ekei pou pleon exei pesei o salpi kai leei oti einai penalti, an einai dinaton, perimeno na dikaiotho apo tous agglous pou tha einai antikimenikoi

Kai egw eki emeina amilitos..... deixnane afth thn fasi tou penalty olh thn ekpombi...kai vlepis kathara oth to foul genete e3w apo ta 16 - KATHAROTATA -

Kai erxete o Varouxas kai dixni mia fotografia... pou o Salpigidis exi ta podia apano sthn grammi.... (pou tha htane penalty vevea)

Den to dixane sto Super Slowmotion...alla mia fotografia...

Kai lei o Mlkas....: "Opos vlepoume sthn Fotografia o Salpigidis patai apano sthn grammi...gia afto sosta to edose Penalty"

Re ti katantisame re.... Roumania tou Causescu .... me ypethinos ths SECURITATE...Kos Varouhas...

Tora na to dosi afto penalty ginete... alla na arxisoune kai dixnoune SIKE Fotografia sthn Teliorasi.... afto eine to pio vromiko apo olla....

SUPERLEAGUE ==============> MON CUL ... opos lei kai o Gallos

ELA VAROUXA KAI ROUFA....

Archived