Phantis Forums

OFI vs AEK

aekfan_euro

When the second half started.. and I saw the behaviour of our players... I was worrying that we will get the equalisation... as we played passive, trying to hold the ball..by staying on the same space...and waiting to pass the time...

During that period I expect Ferrer to go to the sidelines and awake the boys..

Now the whole AEK community cries for quality player...

My opinion is that was not the problem.... The problem was the attitude

Would those players, who were on the pitch have given all...despite the heat, the humidity and the Wednesday game.. we would have taken the 3 points with us....

I agree that the attitude was not positive at all ... and definitely not offensive. We played for the 1-0. Its really too bad, and I think Ferrer expected them to wake up by themselves. I have only seen small bursts of the solid play that they showed during the Benfica and first hearts game. Since then... :tdown:

But I ask you this Nightsurfer... Does a good quality player miss 3 "tet a tets" with the goalkeepr in 3 games (Caesar)? I like caesar, especially in this type of playing tactic and for Greece, but is he REALLY quality?

Does the Lakis miss a break away (yet again, just like every other year)? Is he really quality? If he could learn to bury those chances I still say he would play for some big team in Europe. Ask Crystal Palace, they made jokes of him there.

I think Ivic is too inconsistent (depending on his role) and too slow. Is Ivic a quality player?

How manhy times over the past 3 games have I seen players advance with the ball and other offensive players stand and WATCH while the one takes on 3. Dont quality players know how to run off the ball. Come on Nightsurfer, you know better than I that these are some of the things that make players QUALITY.

I am not saying that the team stinks. I am not saying that we should get rid of anyone or that we cannot win. I am just reverberating what Ferrer said when he came in as coach. We need 3 starting, quality players to improve this team. We have good support players.

I agree that the attitude was not positive at all ... and definitely not offensive. We played for the 1-0. Its really too bad, and I think Ferrer expected them to wake up by themselves. I have only seen small bursts of the solid play that they showed during the Benfica and first hearts game. Since then... :tdown:

But I ask you this Nightsurfer... Does a good quality player miss 3 "tet a tets" with the goalkeepr in 3 games (Caesar)? I like caesar, especially in this type of playing tactic and for Greece, but is he REALLY quality?

Does the Lakis miss a break away (yet again, just like every other year)? Is he really quality? If he could learn to bury those chances I still say he would play for some big team in Europe. Ask Crystal Palace, they made jokes of him there.

I think Ivic is too inconsistent (depending on his role) and too slow. Is Ivic a quality player?

How manhy times over the past 3 games have I seen players advance with the ball and other offensive players stand and WATCH while the one takes on 3. Dont quality players know how to run off the ball. Come on Nightsurfer, you know better than I that these are some of the things that make players QUALITY.

I am not saying that the team stinks. I am not saying that we should get rid of anyone or that we cannot win. I am just reverberating what Ferrer said when he came in as coach. We need 3 starting, quality players to improve this team. We have good support players.

I think I did not bring my point over......

I agree that Cesar - Lakis - Ivic are not quality players.....that's not my point

And I don't like at all Cesar...because he is just an average Showman - Lakis a Xazigoal...(oute to terma den vrikan kai h dio tous)...and Ivic too slow...

In my opinion when Cezar enters on the pitch...he has not in mind to score..

Now scoring a penalty ...and after the 1 : 0 against Hearts...is stressless...

You have to score.. when the team needs desperately the Goal... then you are clever...

My point was..against this OFH we had enough quality players to beat them... it was just a matter of attitude. I had the impression.... they could run...but they did not want to.

Running means..once you lost the ball...you re-group your self or sprint to get it...

Once you get it... you run to the free spaces, if you don't have it in your possesion (but forwards versus the opponents goal) in order to open the game.....

And then you put the opponent under pressure...

I think I did not bring my point over......

I agree that Cesar - Lakis - Ivic are not quality players.....that's not my point

And I don't like at all Cesar...because he is just an average Showman - Lakis a Xazigoal...(oute to terma den vrikan kai h dio tous)...and Ivic too slow...

In my opinion when Cezar enters on the pitch...he has not in mind to score..

Now scoring a penalty ...and after the 1 : 0 against Hearts...is stressless...

You have to score.. when the team needs desperately the Goal... then you are clever...

My point was..against this OFH we had enough quality players to beat them... it was just a matter of attitude. I had the impression.... they could run...but they did not want to.

Running means..once you lost the ball...you re-group your self or sprint to get it...

Once you get it... you run to the free spaces, if you don't have it in your possesion (but forwards versus the opponents goal) in order to open the game.....

And then you put the opponent under pressure...

Ok, I misunderstood. I agree with these points.

Also, to add to them... Georgeas (even though I am not such a fan of him) had some excellent runs in the past few games especially in the Hearts game. He would run the entire pitch with the ball, get down to the other penalty area and everyone would stand there and watch him and not get open! He was just as surprised, so he did the only thing that he could do. Try to pass it into the penalty area, but all he ended up doing was kicking at a defender. He must have dont that 4 times vs Hearts. I know Ferrer talked to him at half time and after the game. I saw him yelling from the side lines to take shots. He ended up taking one against OFI... OOF! :rolleyes: But atleast he is firing....

Archived