Phantis Forums

CL Group Stage Draw

dark_horse

Greece needs points badly to keep sedning teams to Europe's biggest tournies.

Olympiakos MUST provide Greece with at least 3 wins and a tie and AEK the same. PAO needs to go deep in UEFA.

If the GReek teams tank this year, we will not be seeing more then 4 teams in total in Europe. We are currently behind Romania, Bulgaria and other such power houses in UEFA's coeficients.

Could be worse, could be better. I'm not complaining for the draw.

The only bad thing is that, in the first game, we will face Valencia at home. This is also what Solied told on TV yesterday. They will come decide to get one or more point for us. It would be a great luck to have them here in the last match, when they will be (probably) indifferent.

Now if we had made a big tranfer this season :(

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't know my friend, but it seems like a group that noone will be indifferent until the last minute!

tricky group this one and I don't think it's as easy as it seemed with a first look!

By the way...Beginners luck for Levski Sofia (Barca,Chelsea,Werder!!!!!!!) :P

Olympiakos with a fit Rivaldo can and must do well this time in Europe. I think Olympiakos on its day can match both Roma and Valencia. The Russian team could be a bit tricky. Will we see the first away win in years? I hope so!

I don't know my friend, but it seems like a group that noone will be indifferent until the last minute!

You are right, who knows who will be indifferent then, if any. Liverpool was fighting with us in the very last game.

Main danger for Osfp is to underestimate the ukranian team. We were punished many times because of this type of arrogance.

MORE RECENT ANALYSIS OF THE OPPONENTS OF OLYMPIAKOS INDICATES THAT A 3RD PLACE WOULD BE A GREAT SUCCESS. THIS IS WHAT THEY SHOULD BE AIMING AT. AND DON'T FORGET THAT SACHTAR IS A GREAT TEAM WITH 20 MILLION EUROS TRANSFER BUDGET AND A LOT OF AMBITION. IT IS GOING TO BE TOUGH. THE BOOKIES GIVE EQUAL CHANCES TO OLY TO BE 3RD, WITH SHACHTAR.

I THINK AEK HAS A CLEARER ADVANTAGE FOR THE 3RD PLACE.

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET POINTS FOR GREECE, THE UEFA, NOT THE CL.

I THINK WE SHOULD BE IN THE UEFA FINAL WITHIN THE NEXT 4 YEARS, ONE OF OUR TEAMS: THAT SHOULD BE OUR GOAL.

PERHAPS IN 200 YEARS WE MAY MAKE THE FINAL OF CL.....

• 2 months later...

Archived