Phantis Forums

England - Greece TV coverage

To be televised live on

Alpha TV in Greece

BBC 1 in UK

ESPN Pacific in Australia

Fox Soccer Channel, Fox World Espnol in the US

The game will also be repeated on Fox Soccer Channel on the same day at 21:00 CDT.

Hopefully they will show it on Fox Sports World Canada.  I tried looking on their site, but they had only this week's tv listings.  If anyone finds out please post.

I wouldn't bet on it. It will likely be availiable in Canada via the Viewer's Choice pay per view service as is usually the case for England matches...unless Sportsnet buys the rights.

As for FSWC, from what I understand, they're pretty much on their death bed...

I doubt ERT-Sat or any of the other Odyssey channels would cover it as Alpha TV in Greece has the rights to the game.

Alpha must not have exclusive rights, because I looked at the ERT site and noticed at least Saturday's game on NET. But I looked at ERT Sat schedule for next week: no games.

Maybe Odyssey will carry some of Alpha's programming? I know they have Ant1 sometimes.

Still no answers for us in the Great White North. Perhaps, Fox Sports World Canada will show it in the last minute.

Last week when I watched Fox Sports WOrld Report, they advertised that the Community Shield match between Chelsea and Liverpool would be shown only in the US on FSC. Sunday morning I turn the tv on to see the game on live. I guess no buyers of the game in Canada

Perhaps there will be no buyers of the match here and FSW Canada will show it.

Let's wait and see!!

Still no answers for us in the Great White North.  Perhaps, Fox Sports World Canada will show it in the last minute.

Last week when I watched  Fox Sports WOrld Report,  they advertised that the Community Shield match between Chelsea and Liverpool would be shown only in the US on FSC.  Sunday morning I turn the tv on to see the game on live.  I guess no buyers of the game in Canada

Perhaps there will be no buyers of the match here and FSW Canada will show it.

Let's wait and see!!

Really, you mean there's a possibility FSW might re-schedule their programming at the last minute? That would be great.

Alpha must not have exclusive rights, because I looked at the ERT site and noticed at least Saturday's game on NET. But I looked at ERT Sat schedule for next week: no games.

Maybe Odyssey will carry some of Alpha's programming? I know they have Ant1 sometimes.

Oops, my bad, you meant Alpha has the rights for the soccer matches. I was thinking Mundobasket.

Nick99. You are talking about a bunch of different games at the same time.

Lets see if I can clarify for you.

Odyssey1 shows ANT1 Sat.....which has only rights to AEK home games so the AEK-PAOK match should be on this saturday.

Odyssey2 shows ERTSat. ERT in greece shows Olympiacos, Aris, & Aigaleo home games. Since ERT in greece shows these matches. There is a good chance that ERTSat will show in North America. Also ERTSat last year showed PAO, PAOK and some OFI home games, we don't know if that holds true for this season yet.

As far as tomorrows England- Greece match, Alpha is showing it in greece so there is no chance that any of the Greek chhannels in North America will show it.

In the states FSC(Fox Soccer Channel) will show the match live. In Canada there is no listing for it on Fox Sports World Canada but there might be a last minute change as there was for Liverpool-Chelsea.

As far as mundobasket goes. I'm not sure who is showing the games anywhere

Thanks, mk21.

I wasn't sure what Odyssey broadcast; I thought it was a variety of stuff from different Greek networks, but now I see from your post that O1 is dedicated Ant1, and O2 is ERTSat. I couldn't get confirmation for this as the Odyssey site appears to be inaccessible.

For the national team, it looks like we're out of luck for most games, as ERTSat isn't in the habit of broadcasting their fixtures.

But at least there is hope (Fox Sports World) for tomorrow's friendly with England.

Well, if the game wont be on any channel you have access to: Rest asure that it will be on some of the Chinese channels online via Sopcast and the likes. They always show big England games. And at a great bitrate too! Then find a live radio of your choice to get the commentaries as well.

:tup:

Still no coverage in Canada. Soccertv.com emailed me and said that stillno deal anywhere in Canada to show the game. No announcement by Global either (parent company of FSW Canada)

As I said in a previous post, hopefully we will see the game on Fox in Canada.

Here is a response to a letter that I found for Fox Sports World Canada

Tim Krist tkist@GlobalTV.Com

Karen Clout KClout@canwest.com

CBSC File ************

Dear **********,

Thank you very much for your letter regarding games coverage on Fox Sports World

Canada (FSWC). You have identified some unique challenges that our network faces

with respect to available selection of games and other networks that have first right

on many key matches. FSWC is a category 2 digital network that does not have the

broad reach that Rogers Sportsnet, TSN and The Score enjoy. Our potential viewing

audience is limited to the number of digital television customers in Canada and

currently represents about 1/10 of the major analog sports net I mentioned above.

As a result, FSWC does not have the full budget available compared to these other

networks and we are tied closely to the Fox US agreement that we currently have in

place. Also, depending on Canadian rights, we sometimes have to change the games

and we will show different games than Fox US.

As for FOX Sports World Report, in the past the announcers did not differentiate

between matches aired in the U.S. and in Canada. Many Canadian viewers would

assume a certain match would be aired on FSWC, only to find it didn't air and would

be upset. That is the reason why we differentiate matches played in the U.S. The

FOX Soccer Channel (FSC) in the U.S. buys FOX Sports World Report therefore we do

have to announce matches played in the U.S.

When there are changes on FSWC we do contact the cable and satellite companies so

they can update their onscreen guide. They do require 72 hours notice for any

changes so if there was a change for today's schedule, unfortunately it would not

reflect on the guide. For the most updated schedule you can visit our online schedule

here:

http://www.canada.com/entertainment/tvchan...s/programs.html

Click on SCHEDULES on the left-hand side and you'll see two links for this week's

schedule and next week's schedule. Check back periodically as changes are made

frequently.

Our focus for success is to provide a range of programming that we believe can whet

the appetite for soccer enthusiasts in addition to the matches found on other

networks. As we move forward we will be reviewing our programming priorities to

see how we can possibly add some of the special games. While I cannot make any

guarantees, I will ensure that your comments are passed on to my senior colleagues

in Programming.

We can react when we receive comments and I’d like to thank you for taking the

time to write to us.

Sincerely,

Tim Kist

Director of Marketing

CanWest MediaWorks

16/8 - 20.00UK - England v. Greece - International

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESPN (ESPN ASIA) / TVAnts & SopCast & TVU

Shanghai Sport / TVAnts

Guangdong Sport / TVAnts & PPStream & SopCast

Archived