Phantis Forums

Preseason Friendlies 2006

drakos13

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well its bad news alright. But hopefully this will force us to get a new ACM...because with or without Eki we badly need one.

u know what im worried about not Eki but our doctors they say he will be out 3 - 4 montsh but if he goes to our doctors it will be a year i hope Mitsou aka Doctor Death doesnt work on him :ph34r:

u know what im worried about not Eki but our doctors they say he will be out 3 - 4 montsh but if he goes to our doctors it will be a year i hope Mitsou aka Doctor Death doesnt work on him :ph34r:

dude i was thinking the same thing :LOL: ....i read he's out for 6 months

if mitsou operates on him 4get it and i mean 4get it,,,,mitsou hacked flipsens knee and he wasnt same player when he came back.......same can be said to a former apollon player player peter laxanas,,,,,,who is a greek australian,,,,who i know here. He said he cut his career short by hacking his ankle instead of repairing problem,,,,he retired 28 yrs old :blink: :blink: :blink:He;s showed me the scaring and it looks bodgey op i can tell u. :ph34r:

if mitsou operates on him 4get it and i mean 4get it,,,,mitsou hacked flipsens knee and he wasnt same player when he came back.......same can be said to a former apollon player player peter laxanas,,,,,,who is a greek australian,,,,who i know here. He said he cut his career short by hacking his ankle instead of repairing problem,,,,he retired 28 yrs old :blink: :blink: :blink:He;s showed me the scaring and it looks bodgey op i can tell u. :ph34r:

Why dont PAO sack the dude if he's that damaging?

PAO beat Atromitos in Peristeri, 1-0

goal from Romero again

decent result, Atromitos are a good squad, on the positive side Parasxos said after the match said he thought PAO were on the right track this year...

from what i heard pao played like crap...

our defence was exposed atleast 4 times in the first 20 minutes...

Another disappointing performance by our team. Our boys can't pass the ball and can't create opportunities. It's been painful to see a team that hasn't gelled, hasn't shown anything to make me excited about the upcoming season.....

Our new signings did OK and that's a positive note, but as a team we suck! It'll take only a couple of bad results in the beginning and we'll be repeating the same failed patterns of the last many years.... not good!

Anderlect was missing lots of players and didn't play its top game as it didn't want to get anyone injured. Also, it's evident that some of our guys are out of place & time! Nervous? I don't know. Bidis comes in, and he gets a yellow within a minute, and the next minute he should have been shown a red for vicious foul.... This is a frigin friendly game! What would happen during the derbies? Get our guys thrown out, again???!!!! There's something seriously wrong here..... :tdown: and time is running out :(

PS>By the way, don't blame the lack of midfield production on Eki's absense... He's wasn't all that good either in our previous games and for most of last season in my estimate.

Can u rate the team?

UTTER CRAP.

I just got back from the match, had a nice view of things and unlike many stayed the full 90 minutes.

How bad was it?

- Well for a starting indication the team was booed off the pitch at final whistle

- A lot of whistling, ocasional scarcastic clapping and waves of people leaving as early as the 70th minute

- we had 3 shots on goal, one was a penalty and the other 2 were weak from the outside should hardly count...

- from warm ups PAO was doing jack s%$#! passing back and forth and some casual shooting......Anderlecht was doing real drills and acting like a team.

- PAO first half was lousy, played stupid long balls in the air, uncreative play, not bothering with any possesion, no creativity, no real threatening chances and what the y did make was off of dumb errors from Anderlecht

- PAO second half was an unbeleivable disgrace. Its all clear. We arent going to win a godamn thing this year, and even worse for our centenial we likely wont be in the CL next year. The team looked lazy, maybe slighlty unfit, couldnt play posesion, was playing longball crap and accomplishing nothing, no passion, no intensity, the game was moving so slow they all just wanted to go home. Rightfully so people where whistling and applauding sarcasticaly. Costa you were right, AEK and OSFP are better than us.

-Victor didnt play, and to be honest seeing the team he really wont make that big a difference. The team sucks, has no chemistry or intensity, and we never really needed him! Hell hit an occasional freekick or coner and give a cheap thrill but wont change the team by much.

- TZIOLIS MUST GO!!! I dont care if hes "young" hes ###### trash and never been up to PAO standard- he cant pass, has ZERO vision and creativity, all he is is a big physical presence...the guy is better fit for a DC or behind the midfield line in a Gattuso- style role ONLY... Often when PAO did win possesion when it came to him the attack just slowed down and Tziolis could regognize any of his options or deliver on them....The guy sucks, i dont care if hes Greek, I dont care if hes young, we are NOT going to win titles with calibre of player starting every match (which somehow he has been doing

- Biscan is crap except for headers...

- Biscan-Tziolis combination in midfiield is HORRIBLE. It was last year too. We cannot seriously think about winning a title with those two losers in the middle!!! Its clear now, the defense doesnt suck......the midfield is at the root of the defensive problem all along!!! Weve had Gkoumas, Morris, Vyntra years before and they werent so bad till those two axristoi came along!! Theres no defense, no offense from them---throw them away!

The reason the backline was good today was Antonsson who kept the back 4 in line and all of them played well except Seric less so.

This game marks the end of our friendlies yes all five of them and this is the showcase friendly to show what has been done on their last month of training/preseason....

And its pretty clear----NOTHING has been done.

I dont care if its too early, Hans Backe is a s%$#! coach. This team did not give a damn, they could not play a damn, and dont even look that fit after a month of training... You have to be kidding me.

Everything with him, the players is a load of bullshit. Logia Polla ALWAYS all TALK. Backe in his interview says so confidently how he knows the pressure and the team will be ready by august, blah blah he knows all about this from being with Copenhagen, we will be focused......well times up preseason is over the friendlies done and there is NOTHING TO SHOW FOR.

Backe has no idea what hes doing on the field either....4-3-3 with no direction or style of play except long passes....and in this game second half we saw Nilsson playing leftcenter midfield.. :blink: , the horible combination of Tziolis/Biscan, and Seric is not as good as Darlas it was kind of obvious...

This 433/451 wont work,doesnt and hasnt. We need to go back to the 4-4-2- we have 3 great goalscoring strikers and in that game Mantzios/Gkekas are hardly involved..with 2 strikers PAO always played better..and it lets them get involved which we NEED.

Its been a month he claimed he could show his mark on the team....hes had none, hes done nothing except pick 11ades and pencil practice times.

Athinaikos- Backe just mentioned Ekis absence ..... you are right he hasnt really been that great where we can blame it on his absence...

Sollied's Olympiakos has raised the standard. They work as a team, they work very hard, theyre determined and passionate about making the team sucesful and work hard every friendly (which they have tons of to get practice) and win. Our team goes and plays 5 frindlies wins 2 of them being very mediocre. I hate Gayros, but cant help but notice them WORKING THERE ASS OFF and pounding the daylights out of teams from the best leagues in the world...PAO has the potential but they have an idiot coach who thinks being at PAO is like Denmark, and "goals" but no real intenstity or desire to go out there and just be a winner. It sounds cliche but its just true.

Overall a shitty preaseason, few signs of hope, slack in training, a few lame friendlies with no real encouraging results, and our captain/star is out for 4 months. At least its over.

The PROS

-The defensive back line- they are not the problem. central midfield is.

We dont need new defenders. Weve had Morris and Gkoumas whove been good in the past (except last years bad form) and with Antonsson the back line is actually pretty stable. Vyntra had an occasional dumb moment but is an improved player and looked like hell be good for us.

-Rene Henriksen was there

- New signing Bovio is now the best DMC on the team...He is much better (MUCH BETTER) with the ball than the other 2 clowns... Only problem is tons of stupid wreckless fouls, hes going to get a lot of cards and maybe even the odd stupid red card

Drakos, thanks for the thorough analysis! I agree 99.98%. This isn't the team for greatness.... we won't do well in a mediocre domestic league either. I don't care for the results in the friendlies, but those of us who know few things about football can see that we don't have a TEAM, but just a collection of players, too many of them axristoi!

I'm not as confident in Vyntra as you. This kid is only good for a backup at best. Great observations about the rest of the players though!

As for our new coach, Bake hasn't shown a new & improved style. The same old crap of "kantyles" disorganized play and stupid/amaturish behavior on the field. At least when I see Danish teams play they may lack quality but at the very least everyone busts his ass off! We're not even doing this.... Why, do our players have something better to do and the game doesn't hold their interest???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :band: Sorry, but this is not a professional team of high caliber.

You know, I'm tired of excuses...... :ph34r: oh, and I'm tired of the megala logia...

If I were betting on horses, throwing my money at the roullette table I think I'd have better luck than with my team in the last decade!!! :tdown: We lov'it but we aren't blind :xxx:

I dont care if its too early, Hans Backe is a s%$#! coach. This team did not give a damn, they could not play a damn, and dont even look that fit after a month of training... You have to be kidding me.

That was the best thing you said!!!!!

Now we can officially start on Backe even if the season hasnt started!!!!!!

lol

i think thats a record for us on this forum! lol

i know blaming the coach is a typical thing for us. But im sorry, its just TRUE.

He still insists the team will be ready in the next 10 days- I do not beleive him at all.

We will likely beat Aigaleo, and willl we be "ready" according to him yes but to the real world only ready enough for mediocrity.

athinaios- i have hated vyntra for a long time because he has been so godamn awful. but even i had to admit he has improved his game and defensively looked much better lately and i think hell be ok, im glad at least he is improving. Looking at the team hes not a big concern- that Biscan-Tziolis loser/death combo keeps the team in a lower level.

Also I have always considered PAO a better team than Thrinos in the last decade..these last 2 years are the only exceptions.....seriously in the days of Lybe, kara,kolkka and the double etc we were better even if we didnt win the title we just blew it at the death but we always knew we were better the european results were evidence we just choked in the league last minute....now theres not much doubt were not!

At this point, PAO is far behind both gayros and AEK.

Our new midfield needs to work well soon, for PAO to have a chance.

Victor/Romario and Ivansitch on the right and left, Bovio in the middle in a defensive role.

Seric, Tziolis, Biscan on the bench!

That seems to be the only hope, in a 4-3-3.

So far Papa and Antonson are the most reliable.

To be continued...

PEACE

Archived