Phantis Forums

PAOK: 2006-2007 Pre-season

Ziaka

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears that teh friendly with west Ham might have to be cancelled, because PAOK has to pay upfront around 20,000 Euro, and with the big confusion concerning the management of the team it is not known if that will happen.

It appears that teh friendly with west Ham might have to be cancelled, because PAOK has to pay upfront around 20,000 Euro, and with the big confusion concerning the management of the team it is not known if that will happen.

20,000 euro have been paid to the Hamers and the game will be played this sunday i think.

Yes the game against West Ham is on apparently, but it will be interesting to see if the fans will come and see the game. Also it is possible that even the PAOK players might not attend the game.

Today PAOK players declared a strike. They will not take part in practices until the management starts paying the players wages. They also demended that someone from the management talks to them concerning the future of PAOK.

The only players that practiced today were the two Peruvians that signed yesterday as well as a Serbian player Stojankovic who is on trial at PAOK.

I believe that too. They saw that things were moving slowly in the right direction with the help of the Orfanos and the temporary board, only for Goumenos to come back in and destroy everything again. Zagorakis and co. kept most of the players together this past months. I don't think he will be able to do that forever.

It's a shame that this is going on. Our Greek team that I play on here in Canada is better run than PAOK. It is very unfortunate. Hopefully things will get resolved fast witout any more destriction to the team.

Thank you Goumenos <_<

http://www.whufc.com/match/?page_id=1223

31/07/2006 16:02

West Ham United can confirm that we will play two pre-season friendlies in the Greek city of Thessaloniki this coming weekend.

Hammers will travel to the Aegean Coast on Thursday and face two Greek First Division sides - newly-promoted Aris FC :LOL: on Friday evening, and PAOK FC on Sunday evening.

Both matches will kick off at 9.45pm local time, and have been arranged with next season's UEFA Cup involvement in mind, giving the players valuable experience of the continental style and environment.

Manager Alan Pardew says: "It has always been our intention to fit in a trip to the continent as part of our pre-season schedule, and we have placed a lot of importance on finding the right environment, facilities and level of opposition for this weekend.

"The trip to Greece will provide valuable preparation, not only for our UEFA Cup campaign next season, but also for the fitness and development of the players as we look forward to the start of the Premiership season in a couple of weeks' time."

For more information on our Greek opponents, visit their official websites at:

Aris FC - http://www.arisfc.gr

PAOK FC - http://www.paokfc.gr

PAE PAOK promised players that they will be paid 170,000 Euro before today's scheduled practice. Players with big contracts will receive 10,000 Euro each, while the players with low contracts will receive 5,000 Euro. All these payments are for last season's wages. It is expected if this happens that the players will return to practices.

PAE PAOK promised players that they will be paid 170,000 Euro before today's scheduled practice. Players with big contracts will receive 10,000 Euro each, while the players with low contracts will receive 5,000 Euro. All these payments are for last season's wages. It is expected if this happens that the players will return to practices.

I know that right now PAOK fans are suffering but the better days will come! Goumenos cannot destroy a major club like PAOK. The first ever match I'd been to involving a Greek team was this one:

I was someone in there, I was only about 14. What great memories, they'll come again dudes!

I know that right now PAOK fans are suffering but the better days will come! Goumenos cannot destroy a major club like PAOK. The first ever match I'd been to involving a Greek team was this one:

I was someone in there, I was only about 14. What great memories, they'll come again dudes!

Ohhh My what a goal from Zysis Vryzas, I can still rember the english comentator..... hehehe I love it!!! Thanks megale that just made my day !!! :tup:

Ziaka,

who do you think is behind this money Goumenos has suddenly found ?

PAOK defeated West Ham United 2-1 in a preparation friendly at Toumba.

Sorers:

11. Salpiggidis (1-0)

25. Ashton (1-1)

49. Zegarra (2-1)

Lineup for PAOK:

Fernandez, Arabatzis, Konstantinidis, Barcauan (88. Malezas), Rebosio (81. Melissis), Zegarra, Zagorakis (70. Vaggelis), Salpiggidis (90. Megahed), Gonzales (70. Iliadis), Giasemis (81. Tsoulakos), Miecel (81. Stojankovic)

The official attendance for the West Ham game was 3,925, but I am not sure if that includes the 3,000 ticket holders. I doubt it as it appeared that there were more than 5,000 people at Toumba.

Next friendly is against Xanthi on Thursday at Toumba.

Archived