Phantis Forums

Nikos Lyberopoulos

nightsurfer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Venglisky in his place we are much stronger. No worries mates....

You are right but lets not forget that Venliski has not played in a while and he was in the hospital for a week. So i think we should be worry about Lybe!!!!!!!!!

Lyb is definately not the quickest, isnt that fast with the ball and isnt an out and out striker. More a centre forward.

However, we have to remember that he is our top scorer this season, and we have been accustomed to playing with him all season, so it could affect what little team balance and organisation we have.

However, one mans misfortune is anothers gain, and hopefully Santos places his trust in Venglisky and he shows what he really can do, i rate him highly!!!

Also, just a bit off topic, could anyone post the Top 5 or 10 AEK goals for the last few seasons here??? i remember the great one from Lyb in the last Round last year, and Cesars great goal after tricking two defenders and blasting into the top corner from the edge of the box.

If anyone could post some of those goals and other good ones it would be much appreciated!!!

:tup: LONG LIVE AEK :tup:

I know that not all people in here agree.

But I have seen Nikos play many times. And I know that in this AEK he is the only player who knows how to play FOOTBALL that good.

He might have 100 flaws. All players do. But he is a class above the rest alongside Katsouranis and Emmerson.

In a game, you never know... I still rememebr how some years ago Konstantinidis scored a goal with the bely to give us the trophy against Olympiakos and with Santos on the Bench....

However, it would be nicer to have Lyberopoulos for this game, and if Santos saw he could not help THEN try a replacement.

I would like to say that not one player can determine AEK fate... But wit this roster.... I know The more we have avoilable, the better ... and in the case on Lyberopoulos ... much better.

As strange as it might sound...

The Greek Cup Final is not the important game for us and our club...

It s against Xanthi which will take place 4 days after the Cupfinal....

So I would not use Liberopoulos to give him time to recover...and he can come in the last minutes for the trophy...

Any how only 100% fit players should play...........

I m in the opinion that although Venglisky did not play (again) for a long time... he would help the team much more in the attack than Liberopoulos.....

Would Liberopoulos play in the CL.... , he would not touch many balls there..... he is out of range for international football

You are right but lets not forget that Venliski has not played in a while and he was in the hospital for a week. So i think we should be worry about Lybe!!!!!!!!!

Lymbe is a strong player who knows how to finish.

Even if he's injured and won't play in the final, we have lakis whose in form, soares, cezar and velglinskyi!!!

Not having just Lymbe won't be that bad because Rivaldo isn't playing either.

So...really it's 1 for 1.

javascript:emoticon(';)')

smilie

As strange as it might sound...

The Greek Cup Final is not the important game for us and our club...

It s against Xanthi which will take place 4 days after the Cupfinal....

So I would not use Liberopoulos to give him time to recover...and he can come in the last minutes for the trophy...

Any how only 100% fit players should play...........

I m in the opinion that although Venglisky did not play (again) for a long time... he would help the team much more in the attack than Liberopoulos.....

Would Liberopoulos play in the CL.... , he would not touch many balls there..... he is out of range for international football

Epexe o Lybe kai tora den mbori na paixi pia....

Giati na vali mesa paixti pou den ine 100% ?

Ti ekane o Libe sto Final ?

Ti ekane o Libe sthn Kalamaria ?

Ti tha kani o Lybe sto CL ?

Afto pou ekane me thn Kalamaria kai sto Final....

It s easy and simple

If you don't have good players..., you must put upfront only fast players...in order to avoid combination in the midfield, because the players, which you got there are not for that business including Emmerson... , he never was a constructive, technical player.

So you play with deep balls into the space.... and teach your players to group always appropriately to be dominant on space.....

What did Santos do ? the opposite the whole Saison !

Nevertheless AEK did not play bad in the Cupfinal....., but did not have this important something in decisive situations.

Venglisky is the man.. .Santos should have built on Venglisky on Libes position...

And re-grouping behind accordingly... I m sure, we would have seen a different AEK.... the material was not as bad as many think.

• 1 month later...

Lybe's name has been linked to Benfica in the last few days. Fernando Santos stated he would like to bring the forward to play at Benfica.

What's your thoughts???? Honestly, he should stay right where he is. He won't see much playing time in Portugal. He's a solid veteran who will need to show his leadership with a young AEK team this season.

My guess is that he will not get too much playing time at AEK, if indeed the new coach is tryign to make a Champions League team.... He would be useful coming on for the games in greece and especially during cup games...

But I think his days of being a regular in teh starting 11 are over....

If Lyb leaves we will need to make some serious transfers to get anywhere in Europe, which i would really like to see.

On the other hand, it could be an opportunity for the younger players of the team to get a fair go.

Will be very interested to see what happens in the next few weeks regarding transfers and the like!!

Hopefully we make some good decisions!!

If Lyb leaves we will need to make some serious transfers to get anywhere in Europe, which i would really like to see.

On the other hand, it could be an opportunity for the younger players of the team to get a fair go.

Will be very interested to see what happens in the next few weeks regarding transfers and the like!!

Hopefully we make some good decisions!!

Its difficult to find a balance. If AEK doesnt make signings then a repeat of the last CL outing, which was a raping, is on the cards. On the other hand if AEK overspend and dont get into the CL again next year they could follow PAOKs footsteps. Tough!

Plain and simple, we can't lose him at the moment. We are trying to improve our team for CL not replace it. Losing Lybe would put us a step back not forward. We already lost our captain, we can't lose one of our assitant captains as well. Lybe please don't go. If you go to Benfica make sure to take a book with you because you'll be sitting on the bench reading. He would no way see the amount of playing time that he does here, even if Santos is the coach. They have better quality strikers than Lybe.

Archived