who will go through?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. who will go through?

• Germany in regulation time
    • Germany in ET/penalties
    • Argentina in regulation time
    • Argentina in ET/penalties

a very very tough game in deed...

Germany as a team has a superb fighting character. They are especially unstoppable when they score early (in three of their four games so far)...

Their main disadvantages are having many technique-lacking players. But they are physically stronger than Argentines. I cannot see any other players than Ayala and Crespo to battle with those hard working Germans physically...

Argentina will need those miracle passes from Roman in this match.. And Messi or Teves should start over Saviola who has been disappointing except that Serbia thrashing... They should work on their fitness because it will be really hard to keep the battle with those technique-lacking but powerhouse guys like Schweinsteiger, Metzelder, Borowsky and Frings...

as a match, it is very tough to call... I have to say I wish to see the South Americans progress because they can really play some fine football when they wish but I have a weird feeling that Germans will score early, from a set piece... :(

but both teams have done very well so far.. it has to be said... :nono:

Schweinsteiger, Metzelder, Borowsky and Frings...

wow...Schweinsteiger no technique? Frings?

what about Ballack,Klose, Lahm, Schneider.... this team has plenty of technique....there is no lack of it at all.

They dont have as much fancy flair as Argentina...maybe thats what you meant....

Germany are getting stronger every game. Argentina gave a not very convincing performance for their standard- if its the same way- they will be going home.

i also looked at the stats for the sweden game......

germany had 26 shots!!!! that could may as well be ICE HOCKEY (excuse the pun, as Sweden are the world ice hockey champs)

11 on goal bu that could count for near misses or posts...The Germans are one of the few teams that will score from anywhere.....theyre taking plenty of dangerous outside shots but have no problems penetrating either...

but one could argue their opponents havent been that impressive...

Deutschland Deutschland Deutschland Deutschland Deutschland

Its the only team with enthusiasm.I hope and I pray for them because England just

let me down.

Deutschland Deutschland Deutschland Deutschland Deutschland

Its the only team with enthusiasm.I hope and I pray for them because England just

let me down.

enthusiasm?? i think if anything this world cup is not lacking enthuasiam from any team..yes there are expectptions but if its one thing i would say this mundial has, its enthusiasm..by this do you mean the fans backing??

well here goes...argentina will win this one i believe but slightly...i think germany will provide threat with strength and with passion coming from the fans..having the home advantgae can get you a very very very long way...the only reason why i am picking argerntina is because they play purely class football..they have had a bit of a more difficult road then the germans and sweden are a great team, but they did not play very wel vs the german, so this is gunna be the german first REAL test in the mundial...i think riquelme will shine...he had the ability to posses the ball and disrtibute beautfully...i dont think frings or the centre backs will be able to take possessing away from riquelme easily...crespo is in pretty fine goal scoring form and maxi is on fire and booming with confidence..they have tevez, saviola, aimar, crespo, and messi as attacking options...i think it will be a good midfield battle with riquelme truly shining...i dont think the germans can match his class..

overall i would like the argenintes to win and the english to beat the portugese causes that would make such a great and classic semi final that could be a great match..but regarldess i hope we see a great quartfinal...better then the portugal game i hope...

GERMANY WILL GO THRU ON THIS ONE SINCE THEY ARE AT HOME AND THEY WANT IT MORE.

COULD BE A HIGH SCORING GAME SINCE BOTH SIDES ARE DOING VERY WELL CREATING CHANCES AND SCORING.

They want it more??? :LOL:

How can you know who wants it more??? If anything the Argies are the ones that came through a tough group and won a war that was the Mexico game! Good luck Argentina!

enthusiasm?? i think if anything this world cup is not lacking enthuasiam from any team..yes there are expectptions but if its one thing i would say this mundial has, its enthusiasm..by this do you mean the fans backing??

No.i dont mean the the fans backing.I mean enthusiasm.Just like word means

When you are enthusiast(

So gutted to see the best team in the tournament go out! Their manager, Pekerman, screwed them! When theres the possibility of Extra Time how could you use all your subs, INCLUDING, taking off your only natural goalscorer (Crespo), and Riquelme! Terrible decision. I really feel for the Argentinian people.

Cruz on for Crespo?! :huh: Wut was Pekerman thinking?? :o

we should have seen these teams play the semifinal both.. because we will see two big losers later tonight.. <_<

btw, I started to dislike Lubos Michel's refereeing when he didn't give us a clear penalty in the qualifiers.. I now loathe him after his stupid and one-sided decisions in the second half.. :angry:

congratulations to the young Germans who gave it all out there and good luck to them in the FINAL... they will play Italy or Ukraine... a trashing on the cards!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

youll eat your words yet again

if Italy make it through they have a good chance of avenging their cousins fate...

wat does everybody think of the penalty??? it looked like a penalty to me but the ref looked very confident that it was a dive...only got to see one replay too...

youll eat your words yet again

if Italy make it through they have a good chance of avenging their cousins fate...

wat does everybody think of the penalty??? it looked like a penalty to me but the ref looked very confident that it was a dive...only got to see one replay too...

If you're talking about Rodriguez, it wasnt a penalty.

As for Italy, I agree that they can go to the final.

it was a dive by Rodriguez.. one of the very few correct decisions given by Michel entire game.. :(

thats so bizarre......i really could have sworn it was a penalty.... :blink: are you sure there wasnt contact?? im just surprised nobody else thinks this..

Archived