Phantis Forums

Intl' Friendlies

evalagoal

I don't get it... (maybe someone can help me out)

I'm watching all these friendly matches that all of the teams are participating in and Turkey seems to be all over the place and so is Denamrk and many other "minow" countries as well.

Ofcourse the one country that we definitely don't see is ours.... Greece.

We are the current European Champions and there are no friendlies scheduled other than the one w/ Australia last month.

This doesn't look good for our team as other National Teams definitely have the "upper hand" by participating in these type of matches. I just feel that we're not going to be ready for the European Cup run and it doesn't look like we're going to do anything in our group based on the other teams playing and recent results...

What do you all think?

Friendlies are there to test new players if Greece has already a team that will play 100% for Euro2008 quali. then it is not neccesary to play many friendlies....

Turkey had to play many friendlies cause Turkey builds up a complete new team. On Sunday 4th June Turkey will play against Macedonia in Germany.

It is nice to see that we didnt loose in any of the last 5 friendly matches.

Friendly Results in May/June 2006

Belgium - Turkey 3:3

Turkey - Ghana 1:1

Turkey - Estonia 1:1

Turkey - S.Arabia 1:0

Turkey - Angola 3:2

Next Match:Sunday 4th June:

Turkey - Macedonya - (This is our last friendly then Euro2008 run begins)

thats kind of the point darkhorse...

these games are preparatation (and the best type of preparation is games) and we are doing nothing!!!

maybe so the players can go on vacation even when they went to australia they were there for vacation.........Im sure Otto will come out with the same old lineup AGAIN and have no effort, chances again... and maybe get shocked by Moldova...with Norway, Turkey, Hungary, we are not favourites to qualify. The way the team has performed (and hasnt shown any improvement at all) we are going to get 3rd place....

I'm watching all these friendly matches that all of the teams are participating in and Turkey seems to be all over the place and so is Denamrk and many other "minow" countries as well.

We are the current European Champions and there are no friendlies scheduled other than the one w/ Australia last month.

This doesn't look good for our team as other National Teams definitely have the "upper hand" by participating in these type of matches. I just feel that we're not going to be ready for the European Cup run and it doesn't look like we're going to do anything in our group based on the other teams playing and recent results...

What do you all think?

What do you mean you don't get why we haven't scheduled any friendly games??? Our elite European players deserve to be on some Greek Island or in some opulent villa enjoying their summer and putting their feet up.

All the boys have had a long hard winter of competitive league play and when they did turn up for the NT, they gave it their all. They deserve a holiday. Plenty of time to get things right for Euro 2008 qualification.

These poor players had to travel over 20,000 kms to play a friendly against an aggressive Australia, give our heroes a break please. The Australians tackled really hard.

What do you mean you don't get why we haven't scheduled any friendly games??? Our elite European players deserve to be on some Greek Island or in some opulent villa enjoying their summer and putting their feet up.

All the boys have had a long hard winter of competitive league play and when they did turn up for the NT, they gave it their all. They deserve a holiday. Plenty of time to get things right for Euro 2008 qualification.

These poor players had to travel over 20,000 kms to play a friendly against an aggressive Australia, give our heroes a break please. The Australians tackled really hard.

Are you being serious??? If they'd made it to the W/C they wouldnt be on holiday! The way they played against Australia they were already on holiday anyway! With the amount of problems we have we should be playing as many games as possible in order to try new tactics and iron out any problems. If we get battered in August against England what preperation is there before the qualifiers??? 2 months off is enough they dont need more!

I don't get it...  (maybe someone can help me out)

Ofcourse the one country that we definitely don't see is ours....  Greece.

This doesn't look good for our team as other National Teams definitely have the "upper hand" by participating in these type of matches.  I just feel that we're not going to be ready for the European Cup run and it doesn't look like we're going to do anything in our group based on the other teams playing and recent results...

What do you all think?

OH! HELL NO!

Please tell me you're joking..

Our team should be preparing right now for the 2008 run. If this is not in The Greek NT plans we're going to be lucky if we finish in the "top half" of our group...

I don't get it...  (maybe someone can help me out)

Ofcourse the one country that we definitely don't see is ours....  Greece.

This doesn't look good for our team as other National Teams definitely have the "upper hand" by participating in these type of matches.  I just feel that we're not going to be ready for the European Cup run and it doesn't look like we're going to do anything in our group based on the other teams playing and recent results...

What do you all think?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You funny bastard Akriti!

BTW Australia v Holland 1-1 not bad for the skips!

Actually we did play already more than the rest in 2 tournaments, the one in Saudi Arabia and the one in Cyprus. Turkey didn't part take in any tournaments and Denmark was in only one in the far east, but I might be wrong. I think each country is entitled to only play a certain number of times per year for friendlies and we may have already used them up, we do have one more before qualifiers against England and later Brazil in November. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually we did play already more than the rest in 2 tournaments, the one in Saudi Arabia and the one in Cyprus. Turkey didn't part take in any tournaments and Denmark was in only one in the far east, but I might be wrong. I think each country is entitled to only play a certain number of times per year for friendlies and we may have already used them up, we do have one more before qualifiers against England and later Brazil in November. Correct me if I'm wrong.

aek 21 I totally forgot about the 2 mini tournaments that we played earlier but lets be serious here.. Which opponents would you rather have? The teams that are participating in some local minature torunament or play 3 or 4 teams that are preparing for the WC?

I completely see your point but I would love to see our team be more involved.. There's nothing wrong with playing matches and playing lots of them. We should look at other countires around the world and try to mimic them (and eve do better)

:tup:

INTERESTING RESULTS

FORMER YUGOSLAV REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA 1- TURKEY 0 ???? :huh:

HOLLAND 1 AUSTRALIA 1 ??? :LOL:

I agree, we need to play more matches against quality opposition to gel and sort out the problems before the defence of our crown.

By the way, Turkeys undefeated streak is over, they lost 1-0 to Macedonia last night!!

I think it should have been pretty obvious I was being sarcastic earlier.

Holland taught Australia a footballing lesson earlier today. If Schwartzer was not playing and Nikopolidis was in goal then AUstralia would have lost 7 - 1. Easy. This was my point, that the ethniki took themselves way too seriously and their opposition way too lightly.

Holland was not giving the Australians an inch and the Aussies skill levels were exposed. Why on earth would you give a hack like Vincenzo Grella time on the ball?

ANyway....Australia on paper pulled off a great result but they should have been slaughtered by a better finishing team.

I agree, we need to play more matches against quality opposition to gel and sort out the problems before the defence of our crown.

By the way, Turkeys undefeated streak is over, they lost 1-0 to Macedonia last night!!

What do you mean "Macedonia"?

I wasn't aware that Greece's nomous were playing international friendlies these days. So who was playing for Macedonia? Haristeas, Salpiggidis, Zagorakis, Lagos????

ohhh....I just checked up on UEFA and you mean FYROM. Those Serbianised-Bulgarians beat Turkey! Good for them. They are the poorest nation per GDP, so it is good they get some joy.

Hardly an undfeated 'streak' worth noting, including draws with Azerbaijan and Estonia!

I wasn't aware that Greece's nomous were playing international friendlies these days. So who was playing for Macedonia? Haristeas, Salpiggidis, Zagorakis, Lagos????

ohhh....I just checked up on UEFA and you mean FYROM. Those Serbianised-Bulgarians beat Turkey! Good for them. They are the poorest nation per GDP, so it is good they get some joy.

Serbinised-Bulgarians???

.....Turkey played with a very young team yesterday some of our players looked like they are still in the middle school ... :LOL:

They played very good but had they had bad luck

i was hoping turkey would beat that poor excuse for a country....

at akriti im fairly sure Zagorakis and Salppigidis arent Macedonian.....

Zagorakis is from Lydia-Kavala near my home town.He is Macedonian.As for Salpiggidis is from Saloniki I believe from Eyosmo:He is Macedonian too

Turkey - Macedonya - (This is our last friendly then Euro2008 run begins)

My friend Turcell please don t insult me again writing about that country with the name of Macedonia.I am from Macedonia

Thank you

What do you all think?

They are on vacation.You know...the Greek way.

Krasi.thalassa kai ta loipa.Pou na pigaineis tora gia filika....

Turkey - Macedonya    -          (This is our last friendly then Euro2008 run begins)

My friend Turcell please don t insult me again writing about that country with the name of Macedonia.I am from Macedonia

Thank you

you mean

Македонија

:D :D

Archived