• [*]Karagounis
    • [*]Giannakopoulos
    • [*]Dellas
    • [*]Seitaridis
    • [*]Fyssas
    • [*]Katsouranis
    • [*]Kapsis
    • [*]Charisteas

Who's the best player we have. I havent included Zagoraki due to his pending retirement. I've gone for Seitaridis because I think, when fully fit, he is arguably the best right-back in Europe. Easily comparible to many right-backs at top teams: Cicinho at Real, Lauren at Arsenal, Neville at Man Utd, Miguel at Valencia, etc. It was a tough decision between him and Basinas though, who I also think is a great holding-midfielder.

Its a tough call. Assuming everyone is fully fit, i love DELLAS. he is such a rock in defense and a great organiser.

At the moment though, you simply cant go past Stelios. he is in fine form and he has backed up his euro 2004 efforts with two great seasons at Bolton...

As for seitaridis, who is blessed with great speed, i dont think he has been as good as he was at euro. I keep thinking of his perfomance against kazakhstan in the world cup qualifier. He was TERRIBLE!! he lost the ball countless times and his cross were off the mark by about 20 metres.

Lets hope Samaras turns out to be a great striker in the premier league.

where is tavlaridis?

he has been in the starting 11 all season for lille and is considered 1 of the best defenders in france!!!!!!!!!

Dude, Tavlaridi is a decent young defender but thats it! He doesnt start for Greece, he's played one game and he was abysmal. He was also at Arsenal when they had defensive probs and he was released. I know he was young and he's improved alot since then but lets face it, he's an average defender in the world of football, at best. Whereas players like Basinas, Dellas and Seitaridis are way above average in their positions!

Stelios is the best offensively, he's had a great season at Bolton although he tailed off a bit now towards the end but in most of the WC qualifiers he was more dangerous then the strikers and was a greater threat than Karagounis from attacking midfilder

Giourkas is the best defender if he can get his act together and play for a full 90 mins

I vote for Karagounis.But in my opinion Karagounis=Basinas=Giannakopoulos.

Karagounis with his technique,Basinas team spirit and great passes,Giannakopoulos great offencive midfielder

Hellas has NO stars.

As for "star potential", that's Giorgos SAMARAS. He has a bit to go to live up to that.

He can make his claims against Australia. They will have tall, physically strong, yet unskillful defenders and if he is truely the talent I believe he is, then he should give us a taste during this match.

Nikolaidis and Zagorakis were the closest things we had to 'stars', and Samaras is too young and inconsistent to be considered one. Georgatos had the potential to be one, but chose to be a lazy arsehole.

But I voted for Stelios because he's far-and-away had the best season this year. Charisteas didn't do that poorly considering he was injured and rarely started a game. Something like 8 goals. Any chance Ajax will cut him in the off-season? I'd like to see him play for AEK rather than some crap team in the Bundesliga. At least he'd get full playing time.

I've read that Basinas is helping Mallorca out quite a bit, so props to him, but he also had a lousy year off, which wouldn't have happened if he was as good as he made himself out to be.

Seitaridis had a great Euro but like many a Greek footballer, he took the money and ran. I might have done the same, but that doesn't do wonders for your career.

Archived