Phantis Forums

TV rights for Greek teams

I believe the deal with Antenna was until 2005-06 season. Now that Olympiakos signed a deal with ERT for the next few years, it is almost certain that the Olympiakos games will be available on ERT-Sat (ERT-World).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Even though Alpha sold all the games they have rights for to Supersport this season, there appears to be an agreement that will allow Alpha to show a total of 16 matches throughout the season.

• 2 weeks later...

It sure would be. We allready pay quite a bit ($12.99) to watch the otherwise worthless channel. The omogenia should put a heavy pressure on ERT-Sat to show those games.

I could undertand Alpha, which sold some of their games to Setanta since they did not have a channel to show those games to us here in the US.

If they do that ,which i am almost certain they will,The Greek Omogeneia will drop the ERT subscriptions like a hot potato.

The Greeks abroad keep their subscription primerely due to the fact there is live soccer from Greece. The rest of the program is dull with the exception of the news coverage.

I will assure you that i would be the first one to do it without any hesitation or regret.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived