Phantis Forums

You got your wish

thrylos

well to this point it looks like Pao won't be in C.L. next season

and they certainly won't win the championship next season thats for sur e

so i guess u can say they will be looking for a new coach right about this time if not earlier lol

Olympiakos#14

AEK have to play Kalamarias away and Ksanthi at home. Both are tough fixtures, so its not certain PAO arent in the CL yet thats for sure.

As for not winning next year you have no idea what will happen. The best youth in Greece have a full year of experience now. PAO has improved over the season, we are only getting better.

OSFP will have rusting rivaldo, djordjevic, georgatos, shurrer overated kotadinou, toure who is good and who knows how useful marko ne is.....zevlakov too....theres nothing definite about OSFP winning s%$#! either. It looks like theyre going to waste Pappas by buying Borja which gives all of Greece ANOTHER reason to hate OSFP!!!!

Improved?

if u call as hollywood said from 2.5 to 3.5 out of 10 improvement.. u stil have a long way to go

first off there no statistics in that only personal opinon. anybody who saw the team at the begining of the year and compares it to now knows the team is much better. We had a long winning streak 2nd half, got unlucky with Ksanthi and took a loss to iraklis....the team is performing better.....Gkekas, Bidis, Pap, Tziolis, Eki, Biscan----compare how those players played at least with now and the begining of the season....huge difference doesnt matter what side you look at it from.

Point is its way too early to judge next years PAO because there will be a new coach a few signings and like i said the best youth in greece is +1 year experience....things will go better.

why dnt u compare this years pao team based on performence with last years team and then tell me if we have "improved"?? (thats what u should be doing not compaing half years with other half years thats BS)

the answer is NO!!

u think because pao improved from the beggining of the year we should be happy??? i mean if u think about it for a sec, the team played that badly at the beggining of the year its almost impossible for a team not to improve :ph34r:

In a scale 1-10 its like we started from 0 or close to it, thers only one direction from that point and that is up my friend and pao might as well have been playing 0/10 (in my opinon it was about 2.5/10 if i were judging realistically compared to the world) football at the begginign of the year and now there at a magical 2!! (dnt forget 5/10 standard football)

woopti doooo im so happy were improving all we need to do every year is just drop the bar dramatically in terms of performence then half way through the year improve ever so slightly and drako and friends will consider it a success and then we can cheer the coach and managements names because were heading in the right direction :whistle: ....

and this wonderfull winning streak pao had in the second half of the year include such hardcore teams like Akratitos, Kallithea, OFI, Panionios, Levadiakos, and Ionikos :whistle: These teams Pao could never beat b4 the masterfull 5 year plan came along, so im ever so greatfull to m#$%!zani.... u wanna compare results?? how about instead of bragging about beating s%$#! low life teams u compare how many times we beat OLY?? or AEK?? or Teams in europe then brag about a winning streak.... ohhhh i forgot we didnt beat anyone except Aek once :tdown:

NEXT YEARS GOAL is SECOND SPOT ON THE LADDER SOMETHING WEVE NEVER ACHIEVED BEFORE.... :LOL:

• 4 months later...

Problem is, there are very few greek teams and fans that have patience. You will get some decent coach in there and by next winter if he has not beaten Oly and AEK and progressed in Europe he will be gone as well. I dont even think Alex Furgerson would last... honestly. You have had some GREAT coaches over the years that have been run out of PAO because lack of patience (and that goes for all Greek teams). I was not a real fan of Melanzani, but I will say this he really did a great job of building your younger players. Unfortunately, young players are not consistent and rarely are when built up from scratch. Now they have to start learning a new style all over again from another coach. And again unfortunately they will be through another learning process during the training camp/beginiing of next season and into the first round of Europe. That already makes the new coach look bad - right off that bat.

I truely believe that if Consensau played like the all star he was supposed to, you would be sitting pretty, because it would have opened a ton of things up for Gonzalez and you would not have had to rely on the performance of your green youths for every day games...

Sure, you can bring in a big name new coach... but the current patience of the greek system already starts him in the negative.

I dont mean to sound like a prophet because I am not. Especially with something so easily guessed. But as a team and organization, you are already complaining about your tactics (and changing of). The coach has not even had enough time to make his mark yet....

Anyways, I posted this last spring... read it and think about it. Its all happening all over again. PAO, like many other Greek teams will continue its endless revolution of mediocrity if Bakke leaves any time soon....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived