Phantis Forums

FENERBAHCE v GALATASARAY

Who will win next week's derby?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win next week's derby?

• Fenerbahce (hosts, 71 points from 30 games, 2nd)
    • Galatasaray (guests, 74 points from 30 games, 1st)
    • A Draw Is On The Cards...

On Saturday evening the Turkish Super League would take a sharp twist whatever the result in the derby between Fenerbahce and Galatasaray at Fenerbahce's Sukru Saracoglu Stadium.

Galatasaray has just stolen the lead from Fenerbahce by beating Caykur Rizespor 4-2 after Vestel Manisaspor trashed Fenerbahce 5-3 on Matchday 30. With four weeks remaining, a possible draw or a surprise win would see Galatasaray probably get the title after four years of impatient expectation. Fenerbahce, despite being the leading team in terms of League Titles (16), has never won a thrice-row of back-to-back titles and has the chance to make it this year.

It's important to say that Galatasaray hasn't beaten Fenerbahce at Saracoglu since the 1999-2000 season, which was magical itself, and the key stopper Rigobert Song will probably be out of action for the derby...

Fenerbahce's biggest problem seem to be the dip of form in their defence. Rustu conceded some idiotic goals this week and Servet, Fabio and Turaci do not look so solid at the back...

So, post your comments and guesses...

well, get shocked if you wish but it obviously seems that Fenerbahce coach Daum will NOT field Nicolas Anelka for tomorrow's derby. It's not confirmed for sure but after his performace following a 6-week lay-off against Vestel Manisaspor, I will not be too surprised. But if you have Anelka, you have to use it, in my opinion... ;)

You can always find all the goals and clips in the excellent sit of antu.com or in the thread Turkey samba in the Brazilian forum of the xtratime forum

I think every team should have such a site like antu.com

(You have to click "fener tv" and you will find all the links and they give also the goals of the rivals, so you may find (I ope not) the goals of Galata also

Here is a sample

http://www.antu.com/FenerTV/LigTVGoller.aspx?ID=515

Forza Alex, our never forgotten talento azul

(Why does notthe foroum support accents and c with a tail like all normal forums??)

If )hevens forbid= GS will score, you will see it on antu

They give all the goals of every encounter

With all due respect to Amon I wish Oly have such a site, because it is moreuser friendly, at least for me

Nobody get me a link????

So I will have to follow the match with the site : fenerbahce.org (the canly link)

Some of my friends who have a dish said that the Turkish pagkege does not function lately

Fenerbahçe: Rüştü, Luciano, Servet, Appiah, Ümit, Tuncay, Nobre, Aurelio, Alex, Selçuk, Deniz

As you see Anelka is not in the opening "endekada"

The 4 Brazilians are

All deends on Alex, will he have a dark or enlightened day

ok, it was a true disaster. Gays got 21 shots on target while our number of total shots is just 5... Gerets' starting eleven was too risky which included 17 year old Ferhat in place of 34 year old Ergun Penbe and also 18 year old Ugur in place of Cihan who played in the actual position of Ilic...

We started the game like this...

-----------------------------------------------Mondragon---------------------------------

-----------Ugur-------------------------Song--------------Tomas-------------Ferhat---

----------------------------------------Cihan--------------Saidou------------------------

---------Hasan Sas---------------------------------------------------------------Ayhan--

------------------------------------------------Necati Ates--------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------Sukur-----------------------------------

On 11' Appiah scored from a 20-yard strike after a seemingly poor tackle from Cihan. On 19' Fabio Luciano doubled Gays' lead after Mondi failed to divert a Tuncay shot.

On 25' Gerets brought on Sasa Ilic to replace Ugur and dragged Cihan back to the right back position. However, Gays kept coming and coming as Tuncay, Aurelio and Nobre failed to score from three great chances, the latest hitting the crossbar.

Alioum Saidou was sent off on 47' after a tactical foul on Aurelio. After that Gays controlled the game and brought on Nic Anelka to replace the injured Nobre on 67'. Alex and Anelka hit the posts but they respectively scored on 70' and 77' to make it an unbelievable 4-0. Gerets brought on Kabze Hasan and Marek Heinz but of course to no effect...

Both teams are now equal on points (74) and Fener is leading the way based on vis-a-vis standings... Fener plays Trabzon at AVNI AKER next week as Galatasaray host relegation-threatened Ankaraspor...

Archived