Phantis Forums

AEK-OFI

AEKARA-YIA-PANTA

Big game this weekend!! I don't see much of a turn out from fans after last weeks result. We need to win here!!!

I just hope that the players aren't concerned of what's going on in Thessaloniki and take care of business against OFI.

2-0 win for AEK, and crossing my fingers that Iraklis can take points from PAO!!

Big game this weekend!! I don't see much of a turn out from fans after last weeks result. We need to win here!!!

I just hope that the players aren't concerned of what's going on in Thessaloniki and take care of business against OFI.

2-0 win for AEK, and crossing my fingers that Iraklis can take points from PAO!!

You know that's exactly the wrong attitude...

What do you mean you don't expect fans to turn out? AEK does a preety good job on bringing out fans. If they don't get the support that they need they'll definitely not do good at all in this match.

Not to mention that this is a major problem in Greek soccer is the attendace turnout (but that's another topic). You would think even though 2nd place is not really wrapped up here MORE fans would show up to come out and support the club.

I just don't get that...

First goal, again from a set piece, and very scrappy!!

Second goal, a very good cross and an even better finish by Lyb, this was a very nice goal.

With two games to go, our destiny is in our hands, win both and we make it, we can even afford to tie one of the games.

Hopefully the boys can do it, a very important win tonight!!

:tup: LONG LIVE AEK :tup:

First, it's not over yet; both our teams know how to choke themselves!

Second, If you go to the CL, good luck! All Greek teams need good luck, because we don't have the quality to strike at any good euro team.

It's good to have a competitive league in Greece, with improved play, but the crappy domestic league doesn't produce teams of euro caliber. And, I don't think it's only a matter of money. Portugal used to be poorer than Greece, same size, and now they're doing much better! Why?

In Greece the title is decided by the games the top 3 teams when they play each other! Think about it. OLY is where it is because he beat PAO & AEK. That's all. If you lose 2 games you in effect surrender 12 points.

It's good to have a competitive league in Greece, with improved play, but the crappy domestic league doesn't produce teams of euro caliber. And, I don't think it's only a matter of money. Portugal used to be poorer than Greece, same size, and now they're doing much better! Why?   

Ok just because you asked why

I ll give you the why ... just to look into the things deeper as they seem to be.

++ +

First of all you can't compare the Football country Greece with the Football country Portugal ......These are different worlds

Benfica has already won the Cup of Champions (now CL) in the 60ies with the Great Eusobio then

Benfica itself was often in the finals of the European Cups, I can't remember if they won it twice ... Benfica was an European Power my friend for many years

So also Porto won it once the European Cup for Champions (now CL) in 1987 against Bayern München 2 : 1

Porto won also the UEFA Cup. I m sure you can rembember. They eliminated PAO in semifinals if I remember correctly..or was it quarters ??

Then the Portuguese National Team reached the semi-finals in 1966 in the WC with a very spectacular team with the base of the Great Benfica Team

Portugal paricipated also often in the WC and in EC final tournaments

+ +

What has Greece ?? One Wembley-Final (some people say it was bought by the Junta) one WC participation in the USA with a negative record , 2 European Final Tournaments with one Great Victory (our best achievement)

+ +

Additionally Portugal is situated at the Atlantic Ocean the clima is rougher... so the player have more physical strength due to this clima at the Atlantic Ocean... and furthemore due to this clima they have and had beatiful pitches to play and to exercise on... not like in Greece

Can you imagine on what pitches the Greek teams played and exercised before or exercise today ? ?

++

So the last thing is Economy + Politics and History

In the Mediaval Times Portugal was a strong Sea Nation (Atlantic Ocean) when the western way on Sea (again Atlantic Ocean) was discovered from People like Amerigo or Columbus. People would not any more make commerce in the Easter Mediterreanen Sea and these countries around lost many jobs and customs taxes

Due to this discovery Portugal was booming as all the Seacommerce was dealt through the Atlantic Ocean... The Portugues itself had great Navigators like Vasco de Gama and others and were already before navigating to South Africa (Cape Horn / Angola / Mocambique) and bringing a lot of wealth to their country... When the Seaway to America was discoverd they possesed afterwards half South America and again all the wealth from South-America found its way to Portugal

On this wealth many things are build on.... also the Great Benfica in the 20th Century...

And Greece what did Greece do... When Portugal was dominating the world... Greece fell to Slavery for 400 years... due to Foreign Help and Willness they liberated themselves... were involving in the 1st and 2nd World War.. had a Civil War..had a Junta regime with no Political or Regnacy Program and left the country with empty Treasuries and lots of Debts....

Furtermore in the Back Islam and in the Front Communism

How can you pilling Wealth under this circumstances in order to have a strong Culture and Sports ?

And last but not least in the 80ies we had the Vardinogianni Family and after on their s footstep followed the Agent "Krokus"

Everything is corrupt and rigged... the Justice System the Arbitrage System .... no Healthy Competition.... in a rigged market ... serious companys don't come into the play to make Sponsorships and therefore Clubs can't generate money and are depended from their "Kotzabasides"

The antique Greeks became strong due to healthy competition don't forget.

So football is not only 4 - 3 - 3 and 3 - 5 - 2 like I m reading often here.... read ..and think about perhaps you can also still learn something .. is still for free :whistle:

We can't compare Greece to Portugal in this sense... they are above us in Football and have achieved much higher things than we.....

aeks rate is 35.xxx (coefficient)

thats borderline between seeded and unseeded

last year in the 3rd qualifying gropus 36.xxx was the lowest among the seeded teams

so if they can get into a group with seeded teams for the 3rd round draw .. they will avoid 3rd place teams from england.italy.spain

+ +

What has Greece ?? One Wembley-Final (some people say it was bought by the Junta)

+ +

the one who cant even smell a CL or UEFA final say this...

with the kind of money thats being splashed around by bigger clubs today, you will learn to appreciate PAO's accomplishments ;)

Archived