Phantis Forums

Malesani Isn't hopeful for European Success

athinaios

yeah and if we kept attacking and they score with our defense weak everyone would still jump on the guy.. defending a 1-0 lead and trying to catch them while they push up is a fine tactic its not the first time its been used.....in fact it often works BETTER.

that game was turned around in the dying minutes by 1 horrendous indivdiual effort by Kotsios or Andric cant remember and one brilliant shot out of nowhere from Candela....thats the game and greek teams had NO luck whatsoever.....critisize Malesani for that game-----the team was playing GREAT for much of the game and just couldnt finish their chances...sorry but we have to stop blaming the coach every time a result doesnt go positive. If the team is playing smart, organized and improving on their rythm every game the coach is doing his job. He cant help it if one player makes a dramatic error, or theres simply an unstoppable shot in the death of the game. Its a 90 minute game and if there was such a coach who could control even a half of what goes on in the game directly they wouldnt be at PAO thats for sure......they wont be anywhere THEY DONT EXIST.

dude stop it.. the Udinese game was lost by one coach outcoaching the other...& we got outcoached!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude stop it.. the Udinese game was lost by one coach outcoaching the other...& we got outcoached!!!!!!!!!!

ok, tell me how.

first off nobody in these forums (me too) knows a damn thing about coaching or being in a proffesiional team. Im willing to admit that.

Second off heres what i consider "coaching" in the game......PAO played a good game, did well with possesion and made many chances.....finished one.....then second half we eventually dropped back and a stupid clearance led to 1-1, and a rocket in the uppercorner from nowhere made it 2-1..........so tell me EXACTLY how a "good" coach would counteract or prepare for that. Do you really think COSMI PLANNED or ORGANIZED THAT CRAP TO HAPPEN?!

WAKE UP! STOP LOOKING FOR SCAPEGOATS (Vardinogiannis and Malesani the whole time and some people are obsessed with refereeing theories) AND ACCEPT SOMETIMES WE ARE UNLUCKY AND SOMETIMES JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH. IN FOOTBALL WE ARENT A SUPERCLUB IN EUROPE. THATS LIKE SAYING EFES PILSEN IS A SUPERCLUB IN BASKET BECAUSE THEY MAKE IT PAST THE FIRST ROUND A FEW TIMES AND TO THE QUARTER FINALS- LOOK AT IT FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE. PAO DEFINITLY HAS A REPECTABLE TEAM BUT WE ARENT ON THE LEVEL TO COMPETE REGULARLY ON THE SAME LEVEL WITH BARCELONA, BREMEN OR ANY SERIE A SIDE THATS GOTTEN A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SPOT. So come back to reality and the bitching about management and Malesani.

The team is improving, so is the league. Just be patient because for us to get to a higher level its not going to happen in one or two years....

ok, tell me how.

first off nobody in these forums (me too) knows a damn thing about coaching or being in a proffesiional team. Im willing to admit that.

Second off heres what i consider "coaching" in the game......PAO played a good game, did well with possesion and made many chances.....finished one.....then second half we eventually dropped back and a stupid clearance led to 1-1, and a rocket in the uppercorner from nowhere made it 2-1..........so tell me EXACTLY how a "good" coach would counteract or prepare for that. Do you really think COSMI PLANNED or ORGANIZED THAT CRAP TO HAPPEN?!

WAKE UP! STOP LOOKING FOR SCAPEGOATS (Vardinogiannis and Malesani the whole time and some people are obsessed with refereeing theories) AND ACCEPT SOMETIMES WE ARE UNLUCKY AND SOMETIMES JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH. IN FOOTBALL WE ARENT A SUPERCLUB IN EUROPE. THATS LIKE SAYING EFES PILSEN IS A SUPERCLUB IN BASKET BECAUSE THEY MAKE IT PAST THE FIRST ROUND A FEW TIMES AND TO THE QUARTER FINALS- LOOK AT IT FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE. PAO DEFINITLY HAS A REPECTABLE TEAM BUT WE ARENT ON THE LEVEL TO COMPETE REGULARLY ON THE SAME LEVEL WITH BARCELONA, BREMEN OR ANY SERIE A SIDE THATS GOTTEN A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SPOT. So come back to reality and the bitching about management and Malesani.

The team is improving, so is the league. Just be patient because for us to get to a higher level its not going to happen in one or two years....

Re megale, don't you remember the game? The moment Andric was put in for Pap and the team pulled back to defend, Udinese threw in two attacking midfielders and began applying the pressure. Also if i remember correctly the field was soaked. How can you pull back and expect your defenders to be able to hold onto players when they don't have a solid footing on the field. It was inevitable that an attacker would break free, especially Iaquita, in conditions like those. PAO should have continued playing an offensive game, as they had been until the 64th minute when Makaronada cut their legs out from under them. They were playing excellent up until that change.

The coach was outsmarted. Period!

well maybe you are right......but that wouldnt be the first time a coach has done that, and often it works as much as it fails.

look at Houllier tonight......pulled out Govou for a defender.........everything was going fine, to be honest Milan wasnt looking threatening, and one small individual mistake and its 2-1 rossoneri

not that I mind of course being a Milan fan...but still this all relates to blaming a coach for all results which is a load of crap, and we are looking for scapegoats and because Malesani is not afraid to be realistic to Greek media they love to tear him apart, and our fans are at the throat of EVERY coach everytime there is a bad result.....

His negative mentality toward the team is what we don't need. This 5 year plan he was going on about is a crock of s hit, OK? TOTAL bulls hit; why would it take 5 years to get a strong team together? He's had over a year with us and I think thats enough. There are other coaches, come on...

well maybe you are right......but that wouldnt be the first time a coach has done that, and often it works as much as it fails.

look at Houllier tonight......pulled out Govou for a defender.........everything was going fine, to be honest Milan wasnt looking threatening, and one small individual mistake and its 2-1 rossoneri

not that I mind of course being a Milan fan...but still this all relates to blaming a coach for all results which is a load of crap, and we are looking for scapegoats and because Malesani is not afraid to be realistic to Greek media they love to tear him apart, and our fans are at the throat of EVERY coach everytime there is a bad result.....

A greek who supports Milan???

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ela re megale mas koroideveis?

His negative mentality toward the team is what we don't need. This 5 year plan he was going on about is a crock of s hit, OK? TOTAL bulls hit; why would it take 5 years to get a strong team together? He's had over a year with us and I think thats enough. There are other coaches, come on...

To alter an existing team a manger needs 2 seasons. However, this manager has changed the whole team!!! You can't expect results in a year, he needs at least 2 more u years.

A greek who supports Milan???

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ela re megale mas koroideveis?

????????????????????????????

why not? I know other Greeks who prefer Milan.....megale i dont live too far away from that city....that might have something to do with it.

and just because 3 greeks played for inter doesnt mean s%$#!....xoutos and georgatos i hate, and Karagkounis (my favourite player may i add) was treated like crap. i wont support inter because theyre idiots who think they can buy results and their fans are complete malakes....

Crazy, where did you see this?

Also, my compatriot Trifilli makes a good point... Melitzanas opened the door by saying he misses his wife and she won't, ever, come to live in Greece. It's a very convenient excuse for the parties involved to end the relationship.... Er, I mean PAO & Melitzana.... not M & his wife!

At a lighter note. :off:

Does his wife work?

If not, she better get her ... to Greece! :LOL:

Karembeu's hot wife... LOVED Greece. :tup:

And Greece loved her... :blink:

Beatte, Otto's wife, was the one to convince him to come, and to stay, in Greece.

:tup:

God bless her. :nw:

Michaelsen's wife loved it too.

So does Gonzo's wife, who gave birth to their daughter in Athens.

What is wrong with that melitzanoregazza?

Verona, my butt. I have been there, it is no big deal. :nono: :tdown:

Athens is not built pretty, :(

but has mountains, beaches and great weather, for European standards.

The nightlife and food are absolute top.

With his paycheck $$$, he can live in Ekalh, drive his Italian racer between OAKA and Paiania, never having to go through traffic :whistle:

Ski in the winter and ...

Posted Image

Kitesurf ALL year round at Loutsa, and other East Attiki beaches!!!

Match that Verona! :box: :bangin: :LOL:

Is Sollied (soiled) :P married? :o

PEACE

Everyone loves their hometown :rolleyes:

That is not my point.

As far as Verona being "a nice small city", you live closer and you may know it better. It is also a matter of opinion.

Some people may not like where I live, because they may only know it by reputation.

I personally think it is one of the best places in the world... :)

There surely are much better cities than Verona, in Italy.

I know you would agree...

Athens is not that much behind. Accosentite? :P

My post was intended to be humorous ;)

Capisce?

PEACE

That is not my point.

As far as Verona being "a nice small city", you live closer and you may know it better. It is also a matter of opinion.

Some people may not like where I live, because they may only know it by reputation.

Capisce?

PEACE

Guys you are going off point with this Verona talk. The guy is a loser and he can't stand to stay and face the fans, managment, and the press for another season. Verona my ass!!!

CIAO MALAKOZANI

Crazy, where did you see this?

Also, my compatriot Trifilli makes a good point... Melitzanas opened the door by saying he misses his wife and she won't, ever, come to live in Greece. It's a very convenient excuse for the parties involved to end the relationship.... Er, I mean PAO & Melitzana.... not M & his wife!

She won't EVER come and live in Greece? Yiati kaliteri i Italia? Ti m****pano! As meinei ekei, kai as pari to sizigo tis mazi tis!

That is not my point.

Capisce?

PEACE

of course i agree... im just saying verona is still nice and it would be seem better if it was your home for sure....

dont kid yourself athens is way better than any city in italy.....

dont kid yourself athens is way better than any city in italy.....

Really?

Better than Firenze, Roma?

I am not sure about that, at least not in terms of architecture... :unsure:

How about the Sportime cover today.

They seem to think Male is gone and PAO is looking for a "big" European replacement :whistle:

PEACE

Posted Image

Archived