Phantis Forums

Kostikos out / Dumitrescu in

Batigol

Looks like Kostikos is done as manager of PAOK. That took too long I'd say.

Interim managers are Kostas Iosifidis and Charalambos Mixailidis.

Very disturbing that former AEK and lord knows where else manager Ilie (I bite my nails) Dumitrescu is taking over.

Can it get worse PAOK fans?

Ilie is currently coach of Kalithea before that Akratitos. He was recommended by Zagorakis, whom worked with him at AEK.

I personally do not think he is the man for the job. We have a young squad and we need a coach with some experience. However, when you have the financial problems PAOK has, I suppose scraping the bottom of the barrel is all you can do.

If indeed we do appoint him as coach, I predict that by January 2007 he will be gone.

http://www.sport24.gr/html/ent/535/ent.105535.asp

Yes he is still, unfortunately coaching there.

I have jus seen on tv that dimitrescu has just arrived back from thessaloniki and its 99% certain that he is the new manager.

He has stated that if he does not get Paok into europe he does not get paid.

Who is he kidding, he might not get paid even if he gets to UEFA. Listen, PAOK has big problems. I really don't think it matters who is the coach. Look Kostikos took over from Karageorgiou and PAOK looked good for many games after.

If you pull up some earlier threads, you will see many said how good a coach Kostikos is. Now you bring this coach, what do you think will happen? The same thing. Goumenos needs to go and people that are interested in PAOK and not their wallets need to come. This is the only way things will change.

How many coaches have they had? The only one that I truly liked was Anastassidis. They need to clean house on mangement, the only way.

Anyone else agree? I am tired of watching PAOK.

They don't get paid and their results show. They play OLY, PAO, aand AEK and they all play well looking for a contract from them. They play all the bottom teams and lose ponts.

The same bullshit for the last 10 years. I am sick of it!!!!

I just heard Dumitrescu on radio saying he is very eager to start his new job. What bothers me is that he supposedly signed a 18 month contract. I would have preffered he came in for the rest of the season and than he could have extend his contract.

I think the team needed a change, but I don't know if this is the best move for the team. Also it should be noted that he probably was cheap enough for Goumenos to be able to acquire him. I think this was probably the main reson why he came to PAOK.

Like Georgios10 notes, PAOK has major problems. The problems are the front office and the way they run the team. Unless there are drastic changes there I don't see things gettting any better soon.

georgos10, i agree with everythin u have just said except for your last sentence.

Back before year 2000 it used to be a pleasure to watch PAOK play. With Frantzeskos, Zubulis, Olivares (anyone remember them).

But now as u say, its tiring...

ok maybe 10 years is too much, but it feels that way.

With Bagevic and Anastasiadis they competed. They gave 100%. I'd rather go watch 5 year olds play.

Under these 2 coaches, I enjoyed watching. Anastasiadis is a fiery character and said what he thought. he did not hold back.

He was doing as good of a job as you can do in Greece(if you know what I mean), up until their UEFA CUp exit last year(I think), and then they turned on him.

When did we win the cup last? How many years ago was it? I know it wasn't that long ago but......

That's enough, I'd rather watch EPL than Greek football. They play 90 minutes of real football.

Not like our football, where the refs make 100 mistakes, the assistants always put their flags up, the fans fight and rip their seats off and throw them on the field, where owners do not give a s%$#! and so on...

Thank God for Euro 2004, because we would be even worse now. It has put a bit more emphasis on football in Greece and how it is being run. But really the outcome is the same.

As an AEK fan... I prefer to have had now Dumitrescu ... than Santos...

I liked him very much when he was with us......... and I was really hoping that Dumitrescu would have stayed with us...

I think one day... Dumitrescu will come back to AEK.... He is a very nice person... and he has now enough experiences as a Coach....

Although I understand.. that you grumble... about Greek Leadership in the Footbal environment... , you should be pleased with Dumitrescu.....

Don't say to me that you expected Hitzfeld ?

As an AEK fan... I prefer to have had now Dumitrescu ... than Santos...

I liked him very much when he was with us......... and I was really hoping that Dumitrescu would have stayed with us...

I think one day... Dumitrescu will come back to AEK.... He is a very nice person... and he has now enough experiences as a Coach....

Although I understand.. that you grumble... about Greek Leadership in the Footbal environment... , you should be pleased with Dumitrescu.....

Don't say to me that you expected Hitzfeld ?

I can't believe you even say that about Santos!!!!!! :tdown: Santos is a much better coach than Ntoumi. He has given more for AEK in the past 2 years than anyother coach would have. So my point is LEAVE SANTOS ALONE :angry: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Here is the coaching career of Dumitrescu.

CS Otelul Galati (in 2000 at age 31!!!)

FC Brasov (2001)

Alki Larnaca (2001-2002)

U-21 Romanian NT (2002 - for 6 weeks)

Bacau (2002 - for 6 months)

Apollon Limassol (2003 - for 6 months)

AEK Athens (2004 - for 4 months)

Aigaleo (in 2005)

Akratitos (in 2005)

Kallithea

PAOK (from 22-Feb-06)

Dumiterscu, who is 37 years old has coached 11 teams in the last 6 years!!!!

How long will he last at PAOK?

Archived