Phantis Forums

FlashBack #2: AEK-OSFP 00/01 1-2

Original Melbourne 21

Pulled another tape out from the om21 library yesterday and this was the lucky one......I remember watching this match at my house with a gavro and a vazelo. My parents were on vacation and the pre-match celebrations began early.

Saveski was coach and the side was pretty decent:

Mixailidis

Kopitsis

Karayiannis

Dellas

Kola

Zagorakis

Lakis

Tsiartas

Ruiz

Nikolaidis

I cant remember who the other defender was......I know Kapsis wason teh bench.

It was a windy day and Iraklio was 6.000 strong. AEK fans goign nuts, gavroi doing their thing. The game started very fiery and there were fouls a plenty. Stelio gets a yellow in the 5th, 40 seconds later does a thigh-high challenge to Ruiz and no card......worst decision I have ever seen.

Tsiartas through ball for Ruiz who put it around Anotolakis only for him to slide in and take him out, last man......Yellow card. Even worse than the above decision (if thats possible).

Ruiz was an aboslute machine....he made Mavrogennidis look stupid. He was fast and skilled and was combining well with Tsiartas. Unfortunately though we never penetrated and fell behind to two well struck free-kicks. We pulled a cheap one back when Ele muffed a tsiartas free kick and Kola and Maladenis missed golden chances.....

Im only up to half-time but so far a very good game.

i remeber those highlights on ert sat news on sbs. lol those were shocking decisions and then u wonder why people don't like osfp. that was vindication enough. ruiz was good scored many times in crucial game sas well i think he scored when we won away to iraklis and paok.

maladenis misisng a great chance hahaha u don't like him one bit don't u.

Re I remember there was something with this game...thats why I pulled it out. I was watching those fouls and I swear even my dad who never whinges about referring goes, what the F*** was that? Dead set knee high challenges.

Ruiz...what can I say. I think the guy offered us something. Dont know why we got rid of him. Bajavic gave him the flick last year...he did a pre-season and didnt like him. He was a hot-head (re OFI match) but still a danger. He scored that floater cross style shot against Ira up north.

Maladenis is the worst player we have....teleia kai paula.

oh and the fact maladenis is one of our captins must amke your blood boil hahaha.

could u imagine he scores the winner to give us the title next yr if it comes down to that oh ican see everyone including u just praising him.

maladenis oeoeoe.

ruiz was he kicked by dusan? i thought he left before bajevic arrived.

Archived