Phantis Forums

Setanta Sports USA

Setanta Sports USA has added coverage

of the Greek League, featuring selected

away games for AEK, Olympiacos, and Panathinaikos.

Panionios vs Panathiaikos

Setanta Sports USA

Su Feb 12 1:30pm ET/10:30am PT SDD

Akratitos vs Olympiakos

Setanta Sports USA

Mo Feb 13 2pm ET/11am PT LIVE

Beat me to it! I just got the newsletter from SoccerTV

I think you should change the title so it is a little clearer what you are referring to.

I wonder what this means for ERT Sat and the games they show, I believe that the deal they have is only for this season, I don't think they can compete with Setanta. What if they come in a swoop up the rights for next season then we will be shut out of watching any games?!

I don't see any mention of this on the Setanta web site yet.

Looks like this is a deal between Alpha and Setanta for games that are not available on ERT-Sat or Antenna.

Setanta has been trying to get Greek league for the last two seasons from what I understand. Last time I talked to someone from Setanta, they mentioned that if they had Greek league games, it would be easier for them to get the channel on Dishnetwork.

Hey guys I spoke to my friend at the Nisyros Club in NY. The games are on the Setanta Pub Channel and not the one on Directv. I know Steinway Billiards is charging $10.00 for the game but if anyone wants to see it for free you can catch it at the nisyros club. 3180 41st street on the second floor in astoria. The pub channel ranges from 100 to 250 a month depending on the size of the bar but installation of the dish and receiver might run you about another 800 to 1,000 bucks. They probably will bring it on the Directv channel soon but I guess they already had other programming already lined up

I got this from a contact at Setanta:

We have the rights to the home games of all the teams except Olympikos/Pananthinakos and AEK. We intend to show one to two games a week on the channel. We are talking to dish and they seem more interested in taking us but there is no deal in place as yet.

Not that this is a huge deal (and i dont get the channel anyways) but does anyone know whether they will be broadcasting the game w/ the original (alpha, ss, etc) commentary or will they have an english speaking guy in some studio doing the play by play? Also if they do end up having an english speaker they should at least think about using the SAP/alternate language tool to let us hear the games in greek.

for those that want the channel to watch the games THE MOST INEXPENSIVE WAY

you can can use the same dish from dish network DISH 500

attach an lnb next to the 110 lnb that would be on your left as you are looking at the dish from the front use a tie strap to secure it get a cheap receiver from ebay (they go for 10.00 make sure it has a new card)unless you have one laying around ,connect to rg6 cable ,call to subcribe 11.99 a month.

http://www.directvsports.com/Subscriptions/Setanta/

THE setanta CHANNEL IS on 615 at 101 DEGREES

• 1 month later...

Archived