Phantis Forums

Markarian speaks out

athinaios

I see people starting to defend the Israeli now. How can you defend Shum after all???

"He brought us the double..."

BULLSHIT... I did not count how many last gasp goals were scored by Manoli in those final 4-5 weeks... Plus, he ruined a very good squad in Europe; a squad including Giourkas, Fissas, Basinas - winners of EURO'04 - and Munch - the most creative player for PAO in a while - and Manoli... He played defensive soccer in all games (even in home games in Alpha' Ethnyki) and flapped at the start of next season which got him the sack...

Please stop advocating the Israeli dickhead... Please...

flapped at the start of the season?????

Turk- we had played 5 games--- 4wins, and a late 1-0 loss to PSV (who proved to be quite a good team that year too may I add) and 1 CL win over Rosenborg

In the league we were 1 goal short of an undefeated season (domestically)

Also we played many Derbies that year with him- we NEVER lost a derby....maybe coincidence maybe coaching whatever....some nice notable wins such as a 3-1 over OSFP, 3-0 over PAOK, the dramatic 2-1 in the Toumpa.....

as for the players he had:

Fyssas left midseason

Gonzalez came midseason

Manolis only played the last couple games- he was out nearly the entire season with injury.

oh and Gonzalez seemed to score and play great under him........now i dont see Gonzalez being worth s%$#! lately....

but everyone campaigned to get rid of Shum, right...

NOTE: I have no problem with a person's religion or nationality. It's not the case that I hate Shum cuz he's jewish. I hate him cuz he's the prime responsible for the club's current situation imo...

but everyone campaigned to get rid of Shum, right...

NOTE: I have no problem with a person's religion or nationality. It's not the case that I hate Shum cuz he's jewish. I hate him cuz he's the prime responsible for the club's current situation imo...

That's very harsh Turk. I am no fan of Schum but when he was at PAO we all saw that he didn't have 100% control over things. It was Zajec who made many of the decisions remember. So if anything Zajec has as much if not more share in this mess that we have now.

ok, it was 50/50 than (Shum and Zaietch)... but the team Shum took over from Markarian was a well-organised one. It was not like the team nowadays. He failed in Europe with such a good team on the cards and with a great touch of luck won the Alpha Ethniki. And that's all it got! It was something like 89' or 90+ against PAOK when Manoli scored the winner and like 77' or something against Proodeuthyki, who ended up 16th overall in the league, rock-bottom... That's what I hated... Beat a team that is in all ways inferior with 10 mins to go... Is that the PAO you want??? Give Melitzana some more time. I'm pretty sure he'll adapt his tactics... At least we all know that he's done much more so far than Shum, at international level...

• 3 weeks later...

would be interesting to see his return......though he didnt do so well with a stacked Iraklis in his last job..... he makes a point about the team used to be better........its true but we were never going to hold them together forever....especially kara and giourka........at least we didnt get rid of Gkoumas........as for lybe, fyssas, kolkka we had no reason to ever let go.....

What I don't understand is why these players were allowed to leave so cheaply. Why does this happen in Greek football all the time? Seitaridis has the potential to be the best right back in Europe, yet he was sold for next to nothing. Why??? It's not just PAO. Olympiakos have a wonderful talent who was rated as the 3rd best youngster in Europe by Eurosport, in Yaya Touré with Chelsea, Arsenal, and Lyon interested. BUT you just know he'll be sold for peanuts! Why does this happen in Greece? How can Greek teams ever make substancial strides in Europe when they allow their best players to leave for nothing?

:gr: :gr: :gr:

I see people starting to defend the Israeli now. How can you defend Shum after all???

BULLSHIT... I did not count how many last gasp goals were scored by Manoli in those final 4-5 weeks... Plus, he ruined a very good squad in Europe; a squad including Giourkas, Fissas, Basinas - winners of EURO'04 - and Munch - the most creative player for PAO in a while - and Manoli... He played defensive soccer in all games (even in home games in Alpha' Ethnyki) and flapped at the start of next season which got him the sack...

if you dont like him because he's a jew/israeli thats one thing... but maybe you can name us the coach since him that has accomplished what he did during the time frame he was here... & if you reacall that team didnt have high expectations to begin with judging by the transfers that PAO made that summer.. In other words they overachieved.. Credit the coach
Is this some type of joke or what? Pio kolopaido apo ton Shum den iparhei! PAO were lucky not to lose to Rosneborg in Athens, then, when qualification was there for the taking, in Norway Shum's tactics threw away the lead twice! Winning the double in a weak league is no feat. A team is judged by its exploits in Europe, and Shum was not a good manager! Not as bad as Melasani but still not good enough for a historically big club like PAO!

if you dont like him because he's a jew/israeli thats one thing... but maybe you can name us the coach since him that has accomplished what he did during the time frame he was here... & if you reacall that team didnt have high expectations to begin with judging by the transfers that PAO made that summer.. In other words they overachieved.. Credit the coach
Is this some type of joke or what? Pio kolopaido apo ton Shum den iparhei! PAO were lucky not to lose to Rosneborg in Athens, then, when qualification was there for the taking, in Norway Shum's tactics threw away the lead twice! Winning the double in a weak league is no feat. A team is judged by its exploits in Europe, and Shum was not a good manager! Not as bad as Melasani but still not good enough for a historically big club like PAO!

we still havent found a better replacement

Is this some type of joke or what? Pio kolopaido apo ton Shum den iparhei! PAO were lucky not to lose to Rosneborg in Athens, then, when qualification was there for the taking, in Norway Shum's tactics threw away the lead twice! Winning the double in a weak league is no feat. A team is judged by its exploits in Europe, and Shum was not a good manager! Not as bad as Melasani but still not good enough for a historically big club like PAO

Shum wasn't coaching in Norway. Scasny was.

Malesani is competing with the Scum, to become one of the worst PAO coaches.

However Scum had a better team and was much luckier.

Gauros was a far inferior team then, as well.

I never thought a coach would do as bad in Europe as Scum did, until Melitzana.

What keeps Alberto around, is his personality, his career "laurels", and the promise and hope of a rebuilt team.

Scum had none of the above.

Also Scum did not have anyone on his side, not the owner, not Zajec.

None of the players ever defended him either.

Alberto was NOT our first choice anyway...

Remember who was our first choice a year ago? ;)

Trond Sollied

Is this some type of joke or what? Pio kolopaido apo ton Shum den iparhei! PAO were lucky not to lose to Rosneborg in Athens, then, when qualification was there for the taking, in Norway Shum's tactics threw away the lead twice! Winning the double in a weak league is no feat. A team is judged by its exploits in Europe, and Shum was not a good manager! Not as bad as Melasani but still not good enough for a historically big club like PAO

I was just going to ay that.

Schum's last game in charge of PAO in Europe was againt PSV in Holland where we were abysmal. The attack was non-existent.

we still havent found a better replacement

Shum was rubbish, Melasani is worse, but there are so many other coaches world-wide that would jump at the chance to manage PAO.

Italian options: Trappatoni has left Stuttgart and could be an option (its not like Stutt or Benfica are a bigger club than PAO). Cosmi has a knack of turning unfashionable clubs with little money into formidable opposition (he did it with Perugia and Udinese). Vialli has said in the past that he is amazed by the Greek atmospheres so he might like to manage PAO. He'll bring in some experienced players who would take the league and make considerable strides in the CL.

British options: If Alladyce doesn't take the England job he'll still leave Bolton, maybe he'd be an ambitious option. Curbishley also wants to venture into European competition and he won't get that with Charlton. Martin O'Neil is probably the best British manager and could be an option. Peter Reid said he was a big fan of Greek football during EURO 2004, he might be interested.

French: Santini could be approached as could Le Guen who's still out of a job.

Even Bajevic shouldn't be overlooked. People seem to forget that the 2 times Olympiakos have done well in the CL he was in charge (and he was winning the league). He's a good manager and will bring a 'Greek' essence back to the squad!

If PAO fail in their bid for any of these, I'm always an option! B)

There are so many managers out there but do you really think Vardinoyianni has even considered approaching them?

I was just going to ay that.

Schum's last game in charge of PAO in Europe was againt PSV in Holland where we were abysmal. The attack was non-existent.

no coach could have done anything about that game.

PSV were simply a superior squad in all areas they did fantastic that year and the one after that... as were Stutgart that year was their strongest side in years...

Malesani is competing with the Scum, to become one of the worst PAO coaches.

However Scum had a better team and was much luckier.

Gauros was a far inferior team then, as well.

I never thought a coach would do as bad in Europe as Scum did, until Melitzana.

What keeps Alberto around, is his personality, his career "laurels", and the promise and hope of a rebuilt team.

Scum had none of the above.

Also Scum did not have anyone on his side, not the owner, not Zajec.

None of the players ever defended him either.

Alberto was NOT our first choice anyway...

Remember who was our first choice a year ago? ;)

Trond Sollied

NYC-

dont bother talking about our managements decisions. You dont know s%$#! about it.

i beg to differ

i mean its pretty simple how Pao works

anybody willing to buy pao players

pao management sells in a heart beat

then to counter the Ribbo signing they got Conscieasco lol

not really that hard to figure out how pao works

its not a secret

Archived