Phantis Forums

Markarian speaks out

athinaios

would be interesting to see his return......though he didnt do so well with a stacked Iraklis in his last job..... he makes a point about the team used to be better........its true but we were never going to hold them together forever....especially kara and giourka........at least we didnt get rid of Gkoumas........as for lybe, fyssas, kolkka we had no reason to ever let go.....

Well we had no reason to let Seitaridis go either; what the hell-? It would have been great to keep Kara as well but at least he was with us for quite a while. But ultimately his move didn't make sense (on the bench at Inter). These people running this comedy should really make an effort to yank their heads out of their asses and get Markarian back here. They should have done EVERYTHING, okay, EVERYTHING to keep him.

He had 2 chances and "the best team". He did nothing them, so why would a third try with a less than "best team" be any different?

I personally would not miss the "yoma ball", Goumas defensive half (against Aris 0-0 if you remember), six and sever defenders, and the 1-0 at the last minute wins. I thought everyone wanted to get away from this kind of football.

cyberfish, I don't remember the game against Aris because I couldn't watch the Greek league at the time, BUT I REMEMBER THE BARCELONA PLAYERS BEGGING THE REFEREE TO END THE GAME, BECAUSE OUR PLAYERS WERE MISSING ONE CHANCE AFTER ANOTHER AND IT WAS BAD LUCK THAT WE DIDN'T PROCEED TO THE CL SEMIFINALS

Yes at Barcelona was a good game. It was heroic at the end, but I also remember that we blew our goal advantage, and our lead in the game. It was bad luck we didn't score at the end, but it was not luck that scored three times against us in that game.

He was at the helm in the famed Rizoupoli game. He also failed to beat Olympiakos in Leoforos to secure the title (the Konstantinou penalty which was a penalty). I don't think of Markarian as a successful PAO coach.

I don't say he was a bad coach, but I would like to see our team build an attacking style.

Everyone gets their chance to build their legacy, and history says these players, and these coaches failed to reach their goals. For better of for worst, they are gone, and we should thank them for their contributions.

We need to look ahead, to build a new legacy with the new players and the new coaches (no matter who they are). I think they need our support.

BRING MARKARIAN BACK TO FINISH WHAT HE STARTED

Kai epitelous na kanei kati pou den eixe pote tin eukairia: proetoimasia me tin omada!

MAKE sure he brings with him Nikopolides, Fyssas, Seterides, Kyriagkos, Basinas, Karagounis, Kolka, Lymberopoulos, KOnstantiou, Olisadebe and Vlaovic...

Look, I would like to repeat something that I said the first day I say our team play under Malessani.

His signature is using 2 BH next to each other.

Even though last season he preffered to use 3 strikers and 3 CB with only 2 wingers he eventually realised that it was not possible to do what he wished and ended up to something

like this:

-------ST---ST

LX----------------RX

Gonzales--Basinas

LB----CB--CB----RB

while before Malessani the 2 players were used to play like this:

--------ST--------ST

LX/LH---Gonzales---RX/LH: We usuallly played with only one winger ex: Kolka, Schachel and one player that was helping out Basina as a LH/RH. ex: Michalesen

----------Basinas

LB------CB------CB------RB

Malessani's system of 2 BH next to each other has been and currently is quite succesfull for many teams and it contributes all around offensivelly and defensivelly to a team that has well trained players.

Panathinaikos before Malessani had divided the roles. Gonzales would help in offense, while Basinas would help in defense, While with Malessani they would have share the same role one from the left the other from the right.

By aquiring Biscan and Conseisao the team unsuccesfully hoped to adjust to Malessani's system.

Now the result is this. The fans are devided.

Half of the fans support Malessani's logic and hope to a better future.

The othe Half belives it is the Managment's fault that destroyed such good team (we all know which)

Nobody belives that the curent players are up to the task of replacing succesfully the ones before, bad most hope for a new style of play.

THIS IS WERE I COME IN AND FOR THE HUNDRETH TIME I PLEAD MY DISSAPOINTMENT.

DO I AS A FAN HAVE TO FEEL AS A FAN OF SUCH A HUMILIATION OF WHAT WE HAVE BEEN WITH THE HOPE OF A BETTER TOMORROW ?

WHY WE HAVE TO KEEP GOING ON WITH MALESSANI????????????????????????

HASN'T HE GOT US ALREADY UPSET????????????

ARE WE A SMALL ITALIAN TEAM LIKE TORINO THAT HOPES FOR A BETTER FUTURE WITH AN ABITIUS COACH???????????????????

HAVE WE LOST IT ALREADY???????????

CAN'T ANYONE SEE THAT THERE IS NOT A CHANCE BUT A BIG FREAKING POSSIBILITY THAT WITH AN OTHER COACH OUR CURENT SQUAD WOULD MAKE THE TITLE A STROLL IN THE PARK????????/

AM I THAT CRAZY TO BELIVE THAT AT SOME TIMES YOU DO HAVE TO CHANGE A COACH CAUSE HE LIVES IN HIS OWN WORLD??????????

WE POCK OUR EYES OUT AND SAY IT IS THIS PLAYERS FAULT AND IT IS THAT PLAYERS FALUT THAT WE SUCK.

WELL I THINK THAT ONE BY ONE ALL OUR PLAYERS ARE UNDERPERFORMING WITH MALESSANI AND THAT IS REASON ENOUGH FOR ME TO THINK THAT HE DOESN'T FIT TO BE OUR COACH.

Yes at Barcelona was a good game. It was heroic at the end, but I also remember that we blew our goal advantage, and our lead in the game. It was bad luck we didn't score at the end, but it was not luck that scored three times against us in that game.

He was at the helm in the famed Rizoupoli game. He also failed to beat Olympiakos in Leoforos to secure the title (the Konstantinou penalty which was a penalty). I don't think of Markarian as a successful PAO coach.

I don't say he was a bad coach, but I would like to see our team build an attacking style.

Everyone gets their chance to build their legacy, and history says these players, and these coaches failed to reach their goals. For better of for worst, they are gone, and we should thank them for their contributions.

We need to look ahead, to build a new legacy with the new players and the new coaches (no matter who they are). I think they need our support.

Ok, I will be pragmatic. It is true that we need a new coach and it is not productive to attempt to replicate the past. The only reason I shouted for Markarian is because at the moment I am frustrated and despaired with my team. I know that we have an incompetent management and I don't trust they will find an able and ambitious coach. To this end, I agree with you that we need to look ahead, but the people responsible need to look ahead responsibly.

If anything we need a fresh face, Markarian had the chance to do things with the pao squad and like all the rest he failed so i dnt see why we should give him a 3rd chance... Sure he was a good coach but in the end he won nothing and i hate to say it but thats what counts....

I for one wouldnt mind Bajeovic (however u spell it) considering his history with the title.... However im willing to wait out till the end of the season with the italian....

I know that we have an incompetent management and I don't trust they will find an able and ambitious coach. To this end, I agree with you that we need to look ahead, but the people responsible need to look ahead responsibly.

Dimitri: Agreed.

I am afraid management is very inexperienced. They make errors and get their behinds handed to them by the status quo (other teams, EPO, and EPAE).

Although I like Markarian "the penguin", it would be grossly unfair to compare that team which was indeed the best one PAO had since 96, with the current roster.

Markarian would not do the same with these guys either.

What he had going for him however was the close personal contact with the players and psychology.

PEACE

hollywood, I seriously think you've just had a minor problem in your thinking... WTF is Bajevich? Do you want PAO to become a team winning Greek League every year and making s%$#! in Europe... PAO should seek young talent inside & outside Greece and than make a push for a better coach. Melitzana is a proven one to whom PAO should stick tightly. He's way better than a stubborn Shum who believes defensive football is the best type of soccer and an incapable Skasni who tried a 4-2-4...

your right that Pao is self destructing but to label them the best team is quite innaccurate

listen if u guys bring bak Makarian

he will be labeled as the savior and then lose a game or 2 to Olympiakos and then be shown the door

wut will u guys do next

i mean he never brought u guys a title

i think he is a good coach but Pao won't put him in position to win plain and simple

hollywood, I seriously think you've just had a minor problem in your thinking... WTF is Bajevich? Do you want PAO to become a team winning Greek League every year and making s%$#! in Europe... PAO should seek young talent inside & outside Greece and than make a push for a better coach. Melitzana is a proven one to whom PAO should stick tightly. He's way better than a stubborn Shum who believes defensive football is the best type of soccer and an incapable Skasni who tried a 4-2-4...

Well at the moment pao r doing neither!!! there not winning Greece nor making decent runs in Europe....

So no ur Wrong my friend, we need a new Face and if we are to win the comp again we need a fresh face as coach not some has-been whos done nothing...

i stick by what i said...

i have to agree with the turk----bajevic is the worst possible option for PAO. period.

His technical ability (which from some perspectives is questionable)

People just say double double no one bothers to mention that OSFP blew their 11 point lead and PAO took it back only to blow it 3 games in a row vs teams like ARIS....All it would have taken was a crap goal in Leoforos one of those matches and people wouldnt be remembering Ftousan as so great.........its true- 1 simple goal and peoples perspective would be entirely different on the guy, so keep that in mind.

and The incredible amount of pressure he will have from fans and media who already dont like him-------this will not solve ANYTHING. Fans ALREADY hate him, imagine if the team lost twice!!!

this red writng looks like s%$#! in here... change colors dude..

we're finding out that we never gave Shum a fair shot

I see people starting to defend the Israeli now. How can you defend Shum after all???

"He brought us the double..."

BULLSHIT... I did not count how many last gasp goals were scored by Manoli in those final 4-5 weeks... Plus, he ruined a very good squad in Europe; a squad including Giourkas, Fissas, Basinas - winners of EURO'04 - and Munch - the most creative player for PAO in a while - and Manoli... He played defensive soccer in all games (even in home games in Alpha' Ethnyki) and flapped at the start of next season which got him the sack...

Please stop advocating the Israeli dickhead... Please...

I see people starting to defend the Israeli now. How can you defend Shum after all???

"He brought us the double..."

BULLSHIT... I did not count how many last gasp goals were scored by Manoli in those final 4-5 weeks... Plus, he ruined a very good squad in Europe; a squad including Giourkas, Fissas, Basinas - winners of EURO'04 - and Munch - the most creative player for PAO in a while - and Manoli... He played defensive soccer in all games (even in home games in Alpha' Ethnyki) and flapped at the start of next season which got him the sack...

Please stop advocating the Israeli dickhead... Please...

if you dont like him because he's a jew/israeli thats one thing... but maybe you can name us the coach since him that has accomplished what he did during the time frame he was here... & if you reacall that team didnt have high expectations to begin with judging by the transfers that PAO made that summer.. In other words they overachieved.. Credit the coach

Archived