Phantis Forums

1st Half AEK Disappointments

AEKARA-YIA-PANTA

Who's been the biggest Disappointment in the 1st Half of the Season?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who's been the biggest Disappointment in the 1st Half of the Season?

• Kostas Katsouranis
    • Oleg Venglinskyi
    • Soares
    • Ivic
    • Cesar

Well, we are half-way through the Protathlima, so I wanted to get everyone's opinion on who's had the most disappointing 15 games for AEK.........I'm gonna have to pick Oleg Venglinskyi :tdown: .....I was excited when they signed him this summer, but he hasn't done a darn thing for the team. 1 goal against Larissa is all he has on his resume......Very disappointing

I put Katsouranis on the poll because I wanted to see people's reactions....Katsouranis role this year is not to score goals like last year....he has been a fine player for AEK this season

katsouranis is one of the best players we have on the team and has performed exceptionally well. We have to remember that Santos has been using him as a sweeper and that his natural position is that of a playmaker. He has undoubtedly been forced to play further back and has not been in a position to score goals.

Instead of evaluating his performance by the number of goals he has scored we have to look at the teams defense, and i think everyone will agree that AEK has the best defense in Greece at the moment.

What makes Katsouranis a great player in my opinion is the fact that he can play several different positions and adapt extremely well to them.

katsouranis is one of the best players we have on the team and has performed exceptionally well.  We have to remember that Santos has been using him as a sweeper and that his natural position is that of a playmaker.  He has undoubtedly been forced to play further back and has not been in a position to score goals. 

Instead of evaluating his performance by the number of goals he has scored we have to look at the teams defense, and i think everyone will agree that AEK has the best defense in Greece at the moment. 

What makes Katsouranis a great player in my opinion is the fact that he can play several different positions and adapt extremely well to them.

Couldn't have said it any better than that!!! Truly, one of the better players, if not best, in Greece

Archived