Phantis Forums

Supporters Info On Marco Ne

Olympiacos-Sydney

This is the best way to tell if he will good for the reds ( Marco Ne trialled with the gunners in a preseason tournament )

He's a player that comes from the youth academy of Jean-Marc Guillou in Ivory coast (same academy where Kolo Touré from Arsenal comes from). He's a terrific player that is able to play for a better club than Beveren. This season he hasn't had the same impact on the team as last season, especially the European matches weren't too good. In time he might become a valuable acquisition for Hamburg but at the moment he still seems a little bit too fragile for the Bundesliga. His technique is awesome, but he needs to work on his physique. He has the potential though...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other Ivory Coast player that came on trial in summer was Marco Né. A central midfielder who I would adore to see at Anderlecht . I'm pretty sure though that although his enormous talent (even more than Eboué although he's mentally stronger) Né needs to take his career much more slow before reaching for the absolute top. Né is a controling central midfielder with offensively a lot of possibilities. He has everything a modern player at that position needs.

It's no secret that Marco Né is my favourite non-Anderlecht player in our league. And I'm absolutely gutted that Anderlecht isn't even interested in him. Certainly because I want to bet a lot of money on the fact that this winter we will land Mitu for the same position whereas the Roumanian, who is getting his succes as 2e striker, has already proven that he can't even reach the ankles of Né on a central midfield position.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ivory Coast starlet Marco Ne has hinted he will snub his other suitors to join Arsenal, if the Premiership champions follow up their interest.

Ne, who plays for The Gunners' feeder club Beveren in Belgium, trained with Arsene Wenger's side in pre-season with compatriot Manu Eboue .

Wenger was taken by the midfielder's performances in the club's friendlies and pledged to follow Ne's progress.

The Gunners boss did rule out an immediate bid for the youngster, while Ne, himself, felt a move to Highbury would be too soon in his career.

But his displays for Beveren this season have lengthened his list of admirers - with Chelsea, PSV Eindhoven and Paris Saint Germain now on his trail.

Ne, though, only has his eyes for Arsenal and is confident he would be worthy of a place in Wenger's gifted squad.

"I want to play for Arsenal," affirmed Ne. "They are the club of my dreams.

"I think about joining them all the time.

"I know I could make the grade at Highbury."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He is indeed an awesome player so if we got him i'd be a happy happy man

Archived