Phantis Forums

The Cyprus Tournament

Ziaka

if Zagorakis is leaving in the summer, when all our competitive games arent till next year, what exactly is the purpose of playing him?

i think what Drakos is trying to sayis; Why are we using Zagorakis when he will be retiring soon?? whats the point??? his not gonna offer anything to NT in the future, why not start someone else who will take over him and use Zagorakis as a backup player untill he retires.... ;)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the goal highlight......

People say the goal was a fluke and yes there was a lucky deflection.

However.....it was nice to see that a forward was able to run onto the ball in the first place and then move across the middle for a good scoring chance.

I don't recall too many games recently where that has happened.

IMO....Charisteas would have not made that play.

However.....it was nice to see that a forward was able to run onto the ball in the first place and then move across the middle for a good scoring chance.

that play would have never happenned if that involved Charisteas

cause it would have been blown dead cause Charisteas would have been in an offside position

as for Samaras scoring a fluke goal

u know wut it had alot of luck to do with it but if u notice many of the great goal scorers have alot of luck when they score there goals tooo

its just not talent alone

off course i am not saying Samaras is a great player not after one game anywayz

but 1 goal in 1 game not a bad ratio right

O evalagoal EINAI APOGOHTEYMENOS APO THN E8NIKH MAS . SIGA RE MEGALE KERDISAME KAI PALI KLAIGESAI . STO 1o HMIXRONO PAIKSAME PARA POLY KALA KAI XASAME ARKETES EYKAIRIES GIA GOAL . H DEKSIA PLEYRA ME SEITARIDH KAI SALPIGGIDH PETAGE . STO 2o HMIXRONO KANAME POLLES ALLAGES , H OMADA APOSYNTONISTHKE KI EPESE O RY8MOS TOY AGWNA . MHN KSEXNAME OTI H E8NIKH BRISKETAI SE METABATIKO STADIO ALLAGHS SYSTHMATOS APO 5-3-2 SE 4-3-3 'H 4-4-2 . TO 8EMA EINAI NA EIMASTE ETOIMOI TO SEPTEMBRIO KI OXI TWRA . O OTTO PROSPA8EI NA METALLAKSEI THN PRWTA8LHTRIA EYRWPHS APO AMYNTIKH OMADA SE AMIGWS EPI8ETIKH KI AYTO XREIAZETAI XRONO . EINAI TO 4o SERI PAIXNIDI POY MENOYME AHTTHTOI . (NIKH ME GEORGIA , 2 ISOPALIES ME KOREA KAI S.ARABIA KAI XTES NIKH ME LEYKORWSIA) . KAI MHN PEI KANEIS OTI OI ANTIPALOI HTAN EYKOLOI . S.KOREA KAI S.ARABIA 8A PAIKSOYN STO MUNDIAL ENW KI H LEYKORWSIA EXEI KALH OMADA (EKTOS EDRAS EPITYXIES STA PROKRIMATIKA TOY MUNDIAL : NIKH STH SKOTIA KAI ISOPALIES SE NORBHGIA KAI SLOVENIA ) .

that play would have never happenned if that involved Charisteas

cause it would have been blown dead cause Charisteas would have been in an offside position

as for Samaras scoring a fluke goal

u know wut it had alot of luck to do with it but if u notice many of the great goal scorers have alot of luck when they score there goals tooo

its just not talent alone

off course i am not saying Samaras is a great player not after one game anywayz

but 1 goal in 1 game not a bad ratio right

A goal for Samaras?

I'm noticing a trend here.

. KAI MHN PEI KANEIS OTI OI ANTIPALOI HTAN EYKOLOI . S.KOREA KAI S.ARABIA 8A PAIKSOYN STO MUNDIAL ENW KI H LEYKORWSIA EXEI KALH OMADA (EKTOS EDRAS EPITYXIES STA PROKRIMATIKA TOY MUNDIAL : NIKH STH SKOTIA KAI ISOPALIES SE NORBHGIA KAI SLOVENIA ) .

[COLOR=blue]File mou, eheis dikio yia tin Lefkorossia kai tin Korea, alla i Saudiki Arabia kai Georgia tin dernei kai i kipros! I Ethniki ehei megalo provlima me ta termata, na min koroidevoume ton eafto mas.[/COLOR]

:gr: :gr: :gr:

He has not officially retired from the NT yet.

i know. but if hes not going to be a part of the competitive team in the fall, what is the purpose of keep playing him? it only denies somebody else experience/prepartion they will need. if we were playing competitive matches sure keep him but since not then there is no point.

good job guys im proud

finally some goals and wins

i heard we had a lot of chances to end this game early

u missed alot of those chances

2 for 2 for the new Greek International

and the best Greek player scored a goal as well in the form of Stelios

great job guys but again lets calm ourselves down but slowly Otto is rebuilding his squad

Just a quick question for everyone though......

Are we all satisfied w/ the results that our team did the past 2 days? Meaning overall did we play better than our opponents? Or where they just mediocre on the pitch? This bothers me a bit because I would've wanted to see more goals go in for our team....

No matter what the History books are going to say that Greece won both matches and didn't concede a goal... But now we need to look forward to qualifying and I hope that we're ready mentally, physically and also playing wise....

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :gr: :gr:

lets not hype the kid up so much as of yet...i too am extremely excited about him ad what he can do to help the ethniki...but lets not jump the gun..give the kid alitle more time, hopefully he will repeat these performances...i think he will do something real well for us, but only time can tell..

• 2 weeks later...

otto had two years to plan some sort of defense without his golden child dellas. he failed to do so miserably. without dellas our defense isnt a strong as it was in the euro and pre euro days. it is no surprise we didnt qualify for the world cup. without dellas we have no defense.

this shouldnt be. antzas is a good defender. tavlaridis seems to be great in france. kiriakos is very good too.

from what i remember kiriakos and tavlaridis were the central defense in the greek u-21 side some time ago. given that and guys like antzas, goumas as other options i believe we may have one of the best central defensive lineups in europe. we should have problems everywhere but not in the central defense.

unfortunately otto likes to make things complicated and tavlaridis seems not to be in his plans. good knows why. as of now everybody and his brother have been nominated in the rebuild phase, except for tavlaridis, who is a starter in the french league on a good team.

i believe if tavlaridis would be a german, he would play in germanys nt, in france too, england maybe, netherlands...but not in greece. ridiculous!

also sooner or later we have to find out wherher kafes has the potential to start in midfield or whether he is just a sub. and will remain one...

Archived