Phantis Forums

Antenna 1 Satellite

Do not thing that Mega Cosmos is doing good on Directv with 10.000 SUBs compare what they had on Dish Network.

DKSat

I am guessing Globestar locked MEGA with Directv for the standard 2-year duration, so MEGA will not be able to break free and move until December 2008, regardless of how many subscribers they have though.

• 6 months later...

Anyone know if antenna is still on NSS10 other than waiting for lyngsat to update?

a little info...

Mega is also on Bell Express but still awaiting to be broadcasted on Dish Network.

Not sure when you last check lyngsat, but the Antenna channels are all listed on NSS 10, look here: http://www.lyngsat.com/nss10.html

MEGA will not be broadcast on Dish Network and MEGA on ExpressVu is a seperate Canadian channel that has nothing to do with Dishnet. MEGA is on DirecTV in the U.S.

:gr:

i understand it's on DTV,

however, mega (if anyone was interested) is on bell express as well.

as for the main concern, antenna is not on nss10.

there is no signal on any of the antenna packages for nss10. i know that for a fact.

lyngsat is out of date and doesn't provide a daily or weekly update.

antenna has been down for about 2-3 days on nss10 incase anyone was wondering but is currently being broadcasted on Dish Network.

would there be any reason for them to probably switch over to fiber optics like alter did? (as i heard)

if anyone has any further input, i would be glad to hear it.

All Mpeg 2 receivers do not work the same way on the Freq, some time the LNBs do drift on the Freq

Did a Blind Search and it came up 4170 H SR 8882

I an using a 10 foot Unimash Dish with H-H mount with a International C/Ku feed ,Cal Amp LNBs and a Traxis 3500 receiver.

My Dish is tracking from 15.0 w to 137.5 w .

DKSat

i guess i can see what your talking about.

did a blind scan and it received many cloned packages on various transponders but the only one that had quality was the TP i posted.

Using a 12 foot 1 piece mesh dish, mounted with a motor that i don't use as it's steady on nss10 with a C/Ku feed chaparral feedhorn with a buzz S2010F receiver.

using a 5 foot, 1 solid piece dish steady mounted on nss806 with a C band feedhorn.

had a 6 footer with a bracket modification catching both 37.5 and 40.5 sats but quality was sacrificed. now just have 2 dishes focused on each sat.

mega is coming in at 90-100

antenna is in at 60

ert is in at 40-50 i believe last time i checked

what are you getting them at?

P.S. Alter is on fiber optics for the curious ones. and mega does carry some soccer games but all pre-recorded. anyone know how to get them live and direct? heard there was a service in the states or canada that provided people with live soccer games for a subscription fee.

NNS 806 at 40.0 w

ERT World Fr 3803 L Sr 27000

Signal 80

Quality 72

NNS 10 at 37.5 w

Antenna Package Fr 4170 H Sr 8882

Signal 75

Quality 71

Mega Package Fr 3865 H Sr 6662

Signal 76

Quality 75

Trace tv Fr 3804 H Sr 2145

Signal 80

Quality 72

How is the Buzz receiver on Blind scans and PAL to NTSC conversion .

Send me a P/M , What state are you at?

DKSat

• 1 month later...

Is Dish having trouble getting people on the Ant1 package? (as opposed to a la carte or Time Warner?) They last couple of days, I see a message going by on the bottom of the screen on Ant1 advertising the Ant1 Package. They are also advertising the 32.00 price, and not the 34.00 price because of the new increase. Didn't they recently also take off the connection fee for people who have the package?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have noticed that for some reason ANT1 Satellite on air refers to itself as 'Antenna', anyone know what the point of this is as its annoying me. This is not the same ANT1 channel that they receive in Greece, are they tryng to trick people into thinking its the same or just too lazy to add the word 'satellite' to the logo?! ;) For some reason ANT1 is the only one who does this (can't speak for Alpha Sat but I think their on-screen identity is Alpha Sat?!) and I don't see the reason why?

(can't speak for Alpha Sat but I think their on-screen identity is Alpha Sat?!)

Yep. They use the alpha logo, and under it they have "SAT".

EDIT: In fact, here is the logo from DirecTV's website: Posted Image

That's what is on screen, except they use a white version of it.

• 9 months later...

DKSat,

I heard from someone that you can now catch all the greek programming on a small dish. 6 foot and lower.

i cannot verify this as i have briefly heard it from someone. they also stated that the streams were open. not encrypted.

All i know is that the programming is still on CBand and encrypted.

you know anything?

• 7 months later...

MEGA has (i think) disappeared from NSS10. Appearantly it comes up as testing, funny thing is it was free to air and now, the channel comes in at 0%. Not really sure what is going on.

Anyone have any inside information on this?

Tried some blind scans and what not, but getting nothing more than the antenna packages.

MEGA has (i think) disappeared from NSS10. Appearantly it comes up as testing, funny thing is it was free to air and now, the channel comes in at 0%. Not really sure what is going on.

Tried some blind scans and what not, but getting nothing more than the antenna packages.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it. But Mega Cosmos is going to "launch" on Verizon Fios by years end. Maybe their doing "testing" etc.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it. But Mega Cosmos is going to "launch" on Verizon Fios by years end. Maybe their doing "testing" etc.
Just like alter that switched to fiber optics, this may be a possibility.

However, how do you get mega to the greeks in canada and there isn't verizon in canada, nor do the people have fiber optics at their front door.

If they go about doing this, how would bell express or even dish network broadcast greek tv to the greeks in america and canada?

If they do go verizon, I think they won't have enough customers to even care about mega. who would buy another package for 1 show? not me. and i hardely doubt any one else.

However, how do you get mega to the greeks in canada and there isn't verizon in canada, nor do the people have fiber optics at their front door.

MEGA in Canada is a totally separate operation and has nothing to do with the US. In Canada MEGA Cosmos is a Canadian channel that is distributed by Ethnic Channels Group. They have their own uplink/downlink facilities so they are the ones who send the signal to Bell and cable (so far only Rogers carries MEGA).

On another note, why are these posts about MEGA in an Antenna Satellite thread?! I think they should be moved to a more appropriate thread.

Archived