Phantis Forums

Antenna 1 Satellite

• 2 weeks later...

There is  going to be 2 more Antenna 1 channels coming to North America in 2006 Antenna Gold and Antenna Pacific

DKSat

That's what we need more Antenna Crap :rolleyes:. I wonder what they will have- non stop big brother and fame story?!

I thought Antenna Pacific is for Australia and is the same as Antenna Satellite except its time-shifted for that side of the world??

Antenna Gold (if its the one available in Greece on Nova) is basically a collection of all the hit shows Antenna has broadcast over the years. Sort of like if NBC created a channel with all their hits like Cheers, Seinfeld, ER, Frasier, Cosby Show, etc.

Here is the description from the website:

"All the programmes that "stealed" the viewers' heart, all the comedy and drama series, all the TV games and the ANTENNA shows are here from the first episode to keep you company and remind you of the "golden era" of Greek television."

ANT1 Gold

Where did you get this information about these channels coming?

The 10 years contract Antenna Satellite and Kelly Broadcasting is now over.

Now Antenna can Broadcast there other Antenna channels to North America and go to any Satellite DTH platform and cable company

Antenna Pacific was broadcasting before FTA in North America on Telstar 11 and Telstar 5

DKSat

The 10 years contract Antenna Satellite and Kelly Broadcasting is now over.

Now Antenna can Broadcast  there other Antenna  channels to North America and go to any Satellite DTH platform and cable company

Antenna Pacific was broadcasting before  FTA in North America  on Telstar 11 and Telstar 5

DKSat

If this is true, then I wonder if they will jump ship and go to DirectTV or be leured their by Direct?? Recently Dishnet lost a couple of other popular channels to Direct TV when their contracts expired- SBS from Korea and Channel One from Russia.

This makes sense because Direct TV has added 3 other Russian channels in addition to Channel One which I believe belong to Channel One also. So if Antenna goes to Direct TV they will probably add their other channels too.

DKSat, any idea what this means for Odyssey here in Canada, when does their deal (if they have one :1eye:) with Antenna expire??

Thanks for keeping us updated. :tup:

Antenna is not living from Echostar Dish Network .

Now they have the power to stay with Echostar and be on Direct tv at the same time and any cable company that will take them.

And they will have more channels to deliver .

DKSat

• 1 year later...

Antenna is being testing on NSS 10 C-Band side for the pass 4 days now the signal is very very low its only receivable with a large C-Band Dish at list 4 meters ( 12 feet) and over.

They will be leaving Telstar 10 in the and off May.

DKsat

Maybe they are trying to get people to subscribe and pay for Ant1 and stop watching FTA off Telstar 12 with a smallish dish

Now with it on C band and a 4 metre dish needed to recieve it who has the room for a huge dish that big lol :)

Antenna is  being testing on NSS 10 C-Band side for the pass 4 days now the signal is very very low its only receivable with a large C-Band Dish at list 4 meters ( 12 feet) and over.

They will be leaving Telstar 10 in the and off May.

DKsat

So does this mean that they will be encrypting the signal once it is fully operational on NSS 10? So now you will have all the ANT1 channels as well as MEGA Cosmos & Alter Globe on the same satellite, of course since they will all be encrypted I could care less. ;)

I don't see ANT1 Gold listed on Lyngsat, is that just an error or is it not moving over to NSS 10 as well??

What does this mean for ERT World, are they going to encrypt the signal as well, I believe it is already on C-Band?! Why the hell don't they move it to Galaxy 25, so you can pick it up via Ku Band and a smaller dish? Who has the rights to this channel, is that still ongoing, stupid ERT needs to get their act together, idiots :tdown: :rolleyes:

If ERT wanted to be FTA on Galaxy 25 they could do so if they wanted to as they do here in Australia on Optus B3 ERT just has to say we want to be on Galaxy 25 and pay for it to happen like Optus B3 not hard to do they just have to give the go ahead on it

If they were going to encrypt the channels they would of just stayed on Telstar 12 but to me it seems they moved to Cband on NSS10 to save encrypting and making the signal nearly impossible to recieve without a large dish that is 4 metres or larger as DKSat mentioned

Most likely cheaper for them to go to C - Band and making the signal weak then encrypting the channels

All 3 Antenna tv channels and the 3 radios are on NSS 10 .

No one will go out and get a 4 meter C-Band dish to receive Antenna for free.

When you can get the whole Antenna package from Dish Network for $22.00 a month i

think thats a steal and to add ERT on the Antenna package it just $10.00.

DKSat

Also I like DishNetworks description of Ant1 Gold is says the channel is on 24 hours a day which in fact its only on 12 hours a day LOL

A 24 hour, 7 day a week Greek video language channel, which will feature the best programs from Antenna TV's library including series and shows first aired on Antenna Satellite TV and re-run on Antenna Gold

I noticed that DKSat posted in one of his messages at the beginning of this thread that ANT1 can now sign with anyone they want. Now I understand that they have a new deal with Dishnet but if that deal is not exclusive then it is possible that they could sign with DirecTV as well. This could explain this move of switching satellites, so that they are on C-Band and once on DirecTV the channels will be encrypted just like Globestar's channels.

That would be an interesting turn of events if all channels move to DirecTV and I would not be surprised if they do for one simple reason- piracy! Dishnet's system leaks like a seive and there are lots of people watching for free so since DirecTV's system is more secure a lot of ethnic channels appear to be moving over there now. I remember reading that this was one of the reasons why Globestar moved their channels from Dishnet.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens

On another note, it looks like FTA with Greek channels is coming to an end soon :tdown:. I know most people are not interested in C-Band and Big huge dishes but I would definitely go that route if I didn't live in an apartment and had a big yard or I lived on a farm. :D.

Also I like DishNetworks description of Ant1 Gold is says the channel is on 24 hours a day which in fact its only on 12 hours a day LOL

Actually it is on 24hrs, the programming is only 12hrs then repeated for the next 12 hrs. So technically they aren't wrong just the description is not worded correctly.

So why the hell won't they fix the damn schedule for this channel, is this Dishnet's fault or craphole ANT1?? If you want me to watch your friggin' channel then I would like to know what is on and when its on?!

The messages was posted before Antenna had sign a exclusive deal with Dish Network.

Antenna is not going to Directv any time soon at list for another 10 years they have sign a exclusive deal with Dish Network.

Do not thing that Mega Cosmos is doing good on Directv with 10.000 SUBs compare what they had on Dish Network.

DKSat

The messages was posted before Antenna had sign a exclusive deal with Dish Network.

Antenna is not going to Directv any time soon at list for another 10 years they have sign a exclusive deal with Dish Network.

Do not thing that Mega Cosmos is doing good on Directv with 10.000 SUBs compare what they had on Dish Network.

DKSat

Whoops, my mistake I thought that they were free to go where they wanted. That is dumb IMO, why lock yourself into an exclusive deal and long-term to boot?!

As for MEGA, I don't know why they would expect to have thousands or hundreds of thousands of subscribers when there is only 1 Greek channel on DirecTV. How stupid do they think people are to switch over when there is only one channel there and Dish offers 5?? Once Alter Globe comes to DirecTV and they add something else (MAD World perhaps?!) then we will see how many people switch. If they still do not have alot of subscribers then at that point I would say that they are in trouble, but now is too early IMO.

Greek people are cheap. They are not going to pay all that money and hassle to move to directv. At least most of them won't (me included). Anyone know how long that contract is with directv (mega)? I will not be playing games with the greek tv providors. If they want to broadcast on dishnetwork, then I will pay. If they want to go to directv or whatever, then they lost a customer.

Archived