Phantis Forums

Greek-Australian Phenom

plato-ny

Would he play for the Greek NT or the Aussie NT

His gero will decide where he plays. Probably Australia as the Australians (media, public) resent the fact that football players of non-Anglo background choose to play for their parents or grand parents homeland as opposed to Australia (Anthony Seric, Josip Simunic, Joe Didulica ring a bell?)

I saw an interview on Aus TV and I think this paidaki just enjoys playing and kicking rhe ball but his patera thinks his son will be playing for Barcelona by the time he is 12.

If we are still talking about this kid in 10 years time then he might have a future, until then we should take all the hype and see it for what it is.

The kid plays better than others his age, but his scenario is not much different than the 14 year old kid who is 6ft tall and can play basketball better than his peers but 3 years later when the other kids have grown and improved their skills the original superstar kid is ordinary and then gives the sport up as he can't compete.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Protathlitis7

I know someone who knows his dad and he is undecided about playing for Greece or Aus. I hope to god he will make the choice and pick the blood running through his veins

also he is not the only greek-aussie phenomenon, there is also Terry Antonis

Archived